Savages set 90s sitcom references

I surprisingly have not found discussion on this yet, so I thought I’d start it. The flavor text for each item in the Horde of the Ninety Savages (as well as the set name) refers to a sitcom from the 1990s. I have figured out some, but I am hoping others can fill in the blanks!

Skull of Savages = Home Improvement (referencing the character Wilson)

Claws of Savages = Friends (referencing opening sequence song)

Heel of Savages = Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (referencing opening sequence song)

Spines of Savages = Married with Children (referencing Al’s football victory, thanks Agrun)

Markings of Savages = ??? this could just be about 90s sitcoms in general

Leggings of Savages = Doogie Houser, M.D. (referencing his computer journal?)

9 Likes

I’m sorry but i can’t make the connection to these references and I’m old enough to remember the 90s. Interesting though…

1 Like

You could be on to something, I can definitly see the reference with the skull and heel and those are the only shows i actually watched so the others could be this indeed

Without the Fresh Prince reference I’d say they were a bit of a stretch. That one is really obvious though. The Friends reference is pretty obvious too.

The other ones I’m not as familiar with, but if there’s two, the other 4 pieces are probably referencing something too.

1 Like

They’re all spot on. Spines are Married With Children

Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, Bubba “Spare Tire” Dixon.

3 Likes

I’m sorry guys/gals you have to make some direct references to how exactly all these sitcoms tie in to the new Savages Barbarian set. These ambiguous references to “opening songs” just will not cut it. Because in that case, any sitcom that Fred Savage played, acted, appeared or guest stared, could be a reference also. Come on, really?

I need proof people!!!

Really dude?

Fresh Prince Theme song lyrics:

When a couple of guys who were up to no good,
Started makin’ trouble in my neighborhood.
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared

Heel of Savages flavor text:

The last barbarian that wore this got into one little fight with other new tribe members that were up to no good.

Claws of Savages flavor text:

The savages’ tribal chant involves four rapid claps whenever the rain starts to pour.

Friends theme song has 4 rapid claps in it and part of the chorus is “when the rain starts to pour”:

It’s really not that much of a stretch. Those aren’t coincidences.

3 Likes

for the skull

In the show home improvement there is a character called Wilson that is the neighbour. The only thing he does in the show is to give advice and he is never shown you only hear him

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure the theme from friends has 5 rapid claps, not 4.

Well only the top of his head over the fence is shown, that is.

I linked theme intro video. If you watch it in my previous post, you’ll see that it’s 4.

ah yes he was wearing a hat as well wasnt he?
its been a long time :slight_smile:

Yes he was!
9 more characters

You are correct. On the actual song its 5. Maybe you guys are on to something. I stand corrected.

Nice! Thanks, I’ve updated the list.

Is it “Are you afraid of the dark”? They all tell own stories at campfire the midnight society, have they put out official answers anywhere?