Sage's set emanate while being on party doesn’t work (read inside)

If your follower has the Sage’s set and you equip it too while being in a party, you won’t drop double the death breaths. If you unequip it from your follower, you will get the bonus.

A thought that came into my mind: Maybe this is happening aswell with other Emanate skills

edit: changed set name, I wrongly typed Cain instead of Sage

First off, not a bug.

1. Cains set does NOT double Death Breaths, Cains bonus gives a 25% for an extra keystone.
  2. In a party, your follower is not active (unless using a specific set) so the emanate bonuses do not apply.

Nevermind I goofed, I meant the Sage set

And I know it is not active, but it is bugged out. It ignores your own unique power if your (inactive) follower has it too

I think that it was pretty obvious that I just typed the wrong name, but whatever.

Sages set requires that you are relatively near the elite when it is killed in order to get the extra drops, much like Broken crown.

If you are in a party, and the elite is killed offscreen, then you will not get the extra drops.

It has nothing to do with the fact that your follower is also wearing it, and this is not a bug.

Will check it again when I play with my friends later. Also happened that my cheat-death passive didnt trigger just when entering the gr, and in the next gr, I removed it from the follower and it triggered (this all while playing in party)

I wouldn’t discard emanates and all this stuff bugging out as I don’t think many people where playing in party to test all this interactions honestly

since when? The item description doesn’t say this and this is pretty CRAP for ranged characters like UE MS DHs. edit: melee characters get the full benefit of this set, but ranged players are screwed. How is this fair? How is this balanced?

Just had this happen with my UE MS DH character - T13 rift, killed elite, only 2 DBs dropped. Base rate is 2 DBs plus a 25% chance of a 3rd DB, so I’m really starting to get cranky with this buggy game.

Since it was first added to the game.

Neither does the description for Broken Crown, but they both work in the same manner. I would also venture a guess that Cains works this way as well, but I have not tested it.

The range is fairly large. About 1 1/2 screens. It is unlikely that you will kill a mob and be more than 1 1/2 screens away before the DBs drop. However, if you are playing something like a hydra build or Marauders, then this might happen if your minions kill the elite offscreen.

If you have a suggestion, then it belongs in another forum because they do not take game suggestions from the Bug report forum.

Please read: How to Write a Good Bug Report

Feedback is NOT a bug. Anything related to feedback, class balance, boss suggestions, etc. belongs in another forum.

Again, this is not a bug. If it were a bug it would not have been introduced into the game like this several years ago and then never changed.

1 Like

OK, well, it’s bugged then. it is not consistently dropping double DBs. I’m well within that 1.5 screen range. T13, right up next to the elite (10 yards), killed it, dropped 2 DBs.

BROKEN and BUGGY.

1 Like

Sage’s set doesn’t double up if both you and your follower are wearing it. Just like Cubed and equipped items don’t double up if they are the exact same item(s). You only need one. Also be sure your follower is alive when triggering the set bonus. I noticed Nemesis Bracers on my follower doesn’t work when he’s down.

If a follower skill is tiggering while in a multiplayer party then that is a bug.

Well that’s why I made this post. It’s invalidating my Sage’s set bonus if I’m in a party. Therefore, everytime I go in multiplayer after playing solo, I have to stash the freaking sage set. It’s not much to do, but it’s annoying. I also will try again the cheat death bug, just in case (cheat death works, maybe i wasn’t paying enough attention, dunno)

Just to make it clear, the follower Sage bonus isn’t triggering, but neither is my own, (while in a party)

Is it possible your follower died? I don’t have invuln token on my follower yet, and when she dies, Sage’s doesn’t trigger.

1 Like

The original allegation is that while he is in a party, the set being worn by the player is not working when the follower is in town and is also wearing the set.

I inform him that he needs to be within a certain range of the elite in order to get the drops, and he says he will test again.

He says he tested it again to make sure he was within range of the elite, and I am assuming that he was again in a party, in which case the follower should be irrelevant.

If he was testing solo, then it was not an accurate test, and you are right. If his follower was dead, then that would be the issue he is seeing now, and it is not a bug.

However, that has nothing to do with the original claim.

No. Follower was very much alive.

No, playing solo. Follower did not die. DBs are not reliable doubling upon elite death, no matter if you are within “range” (I tested both in melee, and ranged; within a screen distance of the elite mob). T13. It works on some elite mobs (4 DBs drop) and others, it’s just dropping 2 DBs, i.e. no doubling, despite follower wearing sage’s set and not dying and range not being an issue. It is not all of the time, it’s hit ‘n’ miss with no rhyme or reason as to why it drops double DBs for some elites and not for others, despite the testing process being the same.

I have been using it both worn and on my follower, and have not had any issues, however I have not tried wearing it in a group while my follower is also wearing it, so I can not say one way or the other.

It is surprising that no one else has reported it if it is a reproducible bug.

I’m on console (PS4) so I don’t know if that makes any difference or not. Not the end of the world, just very annoying.

That explains it.

This forum is for the PC, because consoles are completely different systems with their own separate sets of bugs.

Click the pencil icon beside the title of your post to move this thread to the “Console Bug Report Forum”.

1 Like

already have logged it in the console section…