S71 Proposal - Mighty Followers

4K Poster

https://i.ibb.co/JmxqWcj/s71-mighty-followers.jpg

D3 Planner

https://maxroll.gg/d3/d3planner/941994076

Mighty Followers

Parallel World
What if the true heroes were the Followers ?
In this realm:

• Your damage dealt is reduced by 99% (x0.1)
  • Your damage modifiers do not affect Followers
  • Followers damage is increased by 900% (x10)
  • Followers’Critical Hit Damage is uncapped
  • Followers damage is increased by 10% per Paragon level
  • Followers independently benefit from items and legendary gems they equip
  • Every item or gem equipped by your Followers, unique among your Followers, emanates among your Followers every of its non socket properties and powers, according they are unique among your Followers
  • Legendary non Set items, without a legendary power, gain the following Legendary power: « When equipped by a Follower, enemies take 10% increased damage from all sources »
  • The restrictions of Legacy of Nightmares and Legacy of Dreams do not apply to Followers
  • Your Followers, fully equipped with items having the same non legendary rarity, increase by 30% the damage of your Followers, per unique non legendary rarity, given Follower’s item is excluded from the « fully equipped » rule.
  • Rare, Magic and Common items can be Ancient, and as such, count towards Legacy of Nightmare bonus and Legacy of Dream second bonus
  • Crafted Sets can be Ancient, with dedicated recipies
  • Enchantress and Scoundrel weapons gain the never emanating property: « also counts as an off-hand »
  • Overlapping areas of focused power, from a Follower of any player, stack at 50% efficiency
  • Your Followers damage is increased by 10% per active Follower you have
  • +1 Max Follower per 100 Paragon (Max 9 Followers)
  • New Followers + New gems & items for Followers

Explainer

• Fantasy: Join a party of Mighty Followers, Manage a huge inventory sharded over 9 Followers
  • Gameplay: zDPS: Support your Followers to maximize their damage
  • Disclaimer: Followers are not minons / pets. They are just Followers
  • Reduced by 99%: Deactivates hero’s damage. Think zDPS
  • Do not affect: Damage dealt (increased or reduced) is siloted
  • 900%: Important for early game
  • Critical Hit Damage Uncapped: Like regular heroes
  • Independently benefit: Bonuses are siloted per Follower. They are seen as independant players
  • Equipped by your Followers, unique among your Followers: Worn by exactly 1 Follower
  • Emanates among your Followers: Equip on 1 Follower = All Followers benefit from it. Relic / Focus / Token also emanate
  • Non socket properties and powers: Socket do not emanate, but other properties and powers, yes
  • That are unique among your Followers: 3 gems on armor or 3 x 20% Chance to deal Area Damage are useless. For regular gems, 1 in helm + 1 in weapon + 1 in another slot are enough. For properties, prefer different values, for example 17% + 18% + 19% + 20% Chance
  • Legacy of Nightmares: Active on Followers even if they benefit from a Set bonus
  • Gain Legendary Power: Makes lambda legendary items very strong by applying a bonus directly on the enemy, which means it is shared among party members. 13 items x 10% x 10 Followers = 1300% = x14
  • Rarity: 1 Full Yellow: +30%. 1 Full Blue: +30%. 1 Full White: +30%. Relic / Focus / Token can be legendary
  • Ancient: Yellow, Magic and White item can count towards Legacy of Dreams / Nightmares
  • Count as an Off-Hand: Counts as 2 items towards Legacy of Dreams / Nightmares
  • +1 Max Follower: 1 + 8 per 100 Paragon = 9 Followers at Paragon 800
  • New followers: Samurai (Katana, Bushido, Chinese Hat), Giant (Barbarian: Two Handed Dual Wielding)
  • New items: Ex: Shoulders: 20% chance on hit to gain 1 stack of Sweeping Wind (Follower Only)
  • New gems: Ex: When you have an absorb shield and come to aid, cut by 0.5% the life of a nearby enemy (Follower Only)
  • Asheara 4 pieces: Chance on hit that all Followers come to aid for (15-30s cooldown)
  • Molten Wildebeest’s Gizzard: Gain an absorb shield 4s after not taking damage. Followers do not take damage
  • Squirt‘s Necklace: +100% damage while not taking damage. Followers do not take damage
  • Stone Gauntlets + Invigorating: 20% chance to Immobilize on Hit, without any drawback
  • Ring of Royal Grandeur: Grants minus 1 piece required on all sets worn by any Follower
  • Oculus Ring: Stackable areas of focused power. In Multiplayer: Up to 9 Areas x 4 Players x 50% = x18
  • Unity: 1 - (0.5 ^ 9 Followers) = 99.8% Damage Reduction

https://maxroll.gg/d3/resources/follower-mechanics

Other proposals
https://diablo-proposals.web.app/

2 Likes

You can stop doing these proposals, D3 development has officially ended.

5 Likes

It’s better than D2 and that’s still ongoing. They said themselves D4 is turning into a Wendy’s. If that’s true dayuuuumn!

1 Like

Which means it can officially restart.

Think about D3 Resurrected.

Moreover, D4 Seasons might take a while to build to achieve a better quality overall, and devs might need to occupy players.

I can observe that, around me, many people quit D4 to play the oldie but goodie D3.

Not a critic, simply an observation.

D3 fanbase is huge.

If Devs need money to supply the maintenance, I think achieving monetization on D3 is totally possible.

Example
1 USD to access the new Season.
Stripe roughly takes 0.5 USD.
So 0.5 USD for Blizzard.
Fan base: 30 millions.
30% of players play.
Gain: 0.5 x 0.3 x 30,000,000 = 4,500,000 USD

That’s how you finance new Seasons with micropayments.

While I agree with the sentiment that the OP is wasting their time, I also think this is a really neat idea and very well expressed and thought out.

Where I think society has gone horribly wrong the last several centuries, is denying ourselves full expression of the human condition under the guise of “everything must have purpose.” Even art is not exempt as it can be bought and sold under capitalism.

We need to remember the point of singing in the shower isn’t to win a medal. It’s to carpe diem.

4 Likes

it’s unreadable on computer

Imgur

1 Like

Thanks !

Agree.

Can you clear your cache ? (Maj + F5)
What OS / Browser version are you using ?

It should look like this:
https://i.ibb.co/rHNSftn/Sans-titre-1.jpg

1 Like

OS Monterey

Your website works well on Chrome and Firefox, but completely wrong on Safari (Even after deleting the cache)

1 Like

Nice catch, thanks ! :+1:

I added a position:relative CSS rule to the <a> that encapsulate the states of the button (::before and ::after).

I hope this fix does the trick to contain the absolute child nodes (::before and ::after) inside this <a>.

The problem is, it is a blind fix, as I cannot test it.

I’m on Windows, and sadly there is no more Safari on Windows:

Update Safari on Windows PC

Apple no longer offers Safari updates for Windows. Safari 5.1.7 for Windows was the last version made for Windows, and it is now outdated.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/102665

I need to get a hand on a Mac to debug this. :face_with_monocle:

Everything works fine :wink:

Imgur

1 Like

Unless the followers are revamped so we can control them at least to the point of choosing their targets that sounds annoying rather than fun.

1 Like

I dislike repeating myself. 3 times is enough. My parties with my best friend are better anyday. WHAT IS THIS? mumbles

I get your point.

In BG3, Ketheric Thorn casts the “Deadly Orders” spell to command its skeletons to focus Fire on a specific enemy.

https://bg3.wiki/wiki/Ketheric_Thorm/combat

A similar mechanic could be implemented.

1 Like

First of all, I admire your endless imagination. Then, S71 humans have already settled on Mars.

Going by your incoherent rants I don’t believe that for a second.

sounds good… doesn’t work
https://bpmn2.ru/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/sounds-good-doesnt-work.gif

It’s nothing more than pets.

You can see them as equippable Skeletons.

As their owner, you just need to support them.

Wow :star_struck: so legendary!!

1 Like

Kinda sounds like an auto-battler. Not a fan.

+1 for creativity though.

1 Like

It requires an active participation of the player (zDPS).

To reach max GR level, a player needs to level up most of the legendary gems

• Build : Max 30 legendary gems (3 x 10 inventories)
  • Game : Max 20 legendary gems

Min (30, 20) = 20 legendary gems to level up at max level

This is a nice way to distribute an epic season that lasts.