S28 monk Changes

• Combination Strike Passive Skill:
    • Each different Spirit Generator you use increases your damage by 10% for three seconds.
    • Each Spirit Generator you use increases the damage of your other Spirit Generators by 100% for 10 seconds.
  • Crippling Wave Skill:
    • Every third hit also dazes enemies within 11 yards, slowing their movement speed by 30% and attack speed by 20% for three seconds.

• Every third hit also dazes enemies within 11 yards, slowing their movement speed by 30% and attack speed by 20% for 10 seconds.

• Concussion Rune: Enemies hit by Crippling Wave deal 20% less damage for three 10 seconds.
      • Breaking Wave Rune: Enemies hit by Crippling Wave take 10% additional damage from all attacks for three 10 seconds.
  • Deadly Reach Skill:
    • Foresight Rune: Every third hit also increases the damage of all your stacks by 15% for five seconds.
    • Foresight Rune: Every enemy hit with the third hit increases your damage by 15% for 10 seconds.
  • Way of the Hundred Fists:
    • Assimilation Rune: Each enemy hit with the third hit increases your damage by 5% for five seconds.
    • Assimilation Rune: Each enemy hit with the third hit increases your damage by 5% for 10 seconds.

4 X gen monk incoming. I can see a world where someone will try to make a build with 4 generators dashing strike and either cyclone strike or epiphany.

Whilst this is cool, the issue I have is with Raiment changes:

• Raiment of Thousand Storms (4-piece bonus):
    • Dashing Strike spends 75 Spirit but refunds a Charge when it does.
    • Dashing Strike spends 25 Spirit but refunds a Charge when it does.

This is not enough changes to make that set good. It will still be awful. We need more damage reduction. Either add a DR to the set bonus OR buff Spirit Guards from 60 to 80% damage reduction, not ludicrous, puts them in line with Ring of Might or Halo of Karini (won’t affect the already powerful WOL builds since theres no room for them)

2 Likes

It just made I6R4 a lot easier to gear up. Don’t have to think so much about spirit regen/RCR any more.

It’ll also make farming the bits for the staff of herding that much easier.

without DR buff to this build there is no way people can play this build while under 7k paragon. a massive DR buff is needed for this build to survive. 60-80% for 4pc would be nice

1 Like

I proposed Inna 6 p 900%→1500%,Unfortunately, it didn’t happen.

1 Like

The DR from the Altar seems promising. Might still need good para, but won’t need to be as high hopefully.

the power creep is nuts and all builds will probably clear 150. That wont make Raiment fun to play tho

I don’t think there’s that much added damage? We do get pylons/shrines on potion and a couple damage buffs, but surely prior seasons had much higher multipliers with Ethereals, Soul Shards, etc.?

Regardless, I’m really hoping they end up buffing Fleshrake. DS variant of Raiment needs some love.

1 Like

Have you tested with 2 generators and more ? If so, how do you feel ?

i refuse to play with without a DR change, i see no point. Its just not fun. Played necro dh and barb on the ptr. Considering monk when season goes live but for PoJ, not touching raiment.

Hey, never got to test it on the PTR… will the “Immune to CC effects” altar power work with Stone Gauntlets? Should make LoD WoL more enjoyable to play if so, atleast early on when not having the perfect gear :slight_smile: