S27 Shadow Strafe vs. Marauder

Hi, what set do you think will have the top-clears this season?
Most people will run the Shadow-strafe build cause of a new playstyle and more fun.
Maxroll’s Tier list shows Marauder as S-Tier and Shadow as A-tier.
At the moment, on EU Leaderboard, Shadow-clears are little higher (~2 GR) than Marauder.
Is the Tier list wrong? For me, the Sanctified Cluster Arrow doesn’t have the normal range and for this reason lags damage in gameplay?
At the moment, I can push higher with Shadow strafe build.
What do you think?

Check NA or Asia leaderboards. Top clears are with Marauder.

Marauder has a much higher power (and arguably skill) ceiling than Shadow, so it is the stronger build overall and rated higher by Maxroll.

Reason most people aren’t pushing Marauder right now is twofold:

1. Difficulty of execution (very squishy at low paragon + requires more fishing than Shadow on average)
  2. Lack of versatility (not useful for much else except ENs)
1 Like

The tier list is not necessarily accurate for everyone. It’s indicating the build’s potential, not necessarily what an individual player’s experience will be.

I have both a Shadow build and a Marauders build and I’ve cleared 131 with the Shadow and I haven’t gotten past 120 with the Marauders. The new season power for Marauders is really weird and changes the play style. It’s much more difficult to play. In theory, if you put all your Sentries in the right place and group up the mobs just right then you’ll get more damage out of it. Some of us probably won’t ever get there though because the Shadow Impale with Strafe is just so much easier.

1 Like

Yeah, I hate it. The range is so small that you need to keep re-positioning the sentries. It’s frustrating to watch a sentry firing at a monster so close to it but doing zero damage to it.

I have so many primals for marauders i feel obligated to at least try a decent push. Does the vengeance power do anything? I tried the lazer turrets but hated it.

vengeance power is such a mediocre power, stick with laser beam, personally i like it but i cant really play it efficiently to the point where it beats shadow impale

impale is like the EASIER version of ww rend barb, which is already easy, lmao