Currently as a chicken doctor with Captain Crimson, I’ve found that the Haunt sanctify works pretty well for me.
- Every swarmed enemy becomes haunted with the current rune (Yay poison spirit!)
- Haunted enemies within 60 yards are yanked towards Piranha pools, meaning I can effect a whole group, run away for a small time, YOINK and KABOOM!
- Bogodile cronches non-elites
But… There’s still some significant downsides that make piranhado still far more favorable.
- Cronch has a cooldown called Satiated
- Bogodile only affects ONE SINGLE MONSTER
This ultimately means the buff to Bogodile is practically bread crumbs in comparison to everything else.
So I’d like to suggest several ways to buff the baby gator. Any one of these will vastly improve usage, just one of them alone will be enough. Only with Sanctified of course:
- Remove Satiated
- Make the hungry jaws an AOE snap to anyone standing in the radius of Piranhas
- Massively buff the damage against bosses to deal a portion of their health in damage
- Sanctified item buffs Piranhas by giving the Bogodile rune automatically
I simply feel no compulsion to use Bogodile as it is, just because it insta-kills a simple monster and the damage against elites/bosses is utterly negligible. Even if I did spec my gear to buff Piranhas damage immensely, it’s still flimsy, so I switched all of it back to Locust Swarm because it was wasted otherwise.