S27 PTR Early gameplay Impressions. Video

See title.

Early PTR impressions on artifacts, bugs and general tone.

6 Likes

DieOxide a silly question…

Can you please check if strafe’s autocast spenders triggers Marauders turrets . Autocasts usually don’t, but who knows if it is an exception in this case.

Thanks in advance.

Already did, and they don’t :frowning:

1 Like

Can anyone summarize that video in 2 sentences? Ist it strong and fun?

Ray of light pretty strong, not fun.

Strafe shooting spenders is hella fun, only works well with UE and Nats, not strong.

Vengeance is roflmao, in all the wrong ways.

Doubled the sentence count :frowning:

3 Likes

Thanks, I was too tired to follow through your video.

Cheers :slight_smile:

Awfully quiet here lately.

First of all I hope all are fine and in good health!

Now down to DH business, I am wondering about a few details and hopefully the answers will be here.

This upcoming season shadow: strafe/impale can become a strong build. I most certainly will try it out.

Here is my questions that rose while trying to figure out what spells to combine.

One detail I stuck on was the 6 piece of Shadow that gives a factor 3 to the first hit on your impale. Will that be nullified by the strafe generated impales?

Second question is if these autocasts impales trigger Karleis hatred refund mechanic.

Third one is whether or not using Vallas would be beneficial.

I am tempted to have a go at a Fan of knives build as well.

It is premature to try any theory craft at this point but these questions I suppose are independent of the final patch notes.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: If my questions are answered in the PTR sub forum I will beg your pardon. :slight_smile:

I tried the impale strafe on the last day. Very fun. My build was a lot different & used zodiac instead of dawn. Nfc what i was doing & it melted 120s. Might make one!

1 Like

We’re you able to see in detail how the auto cast impales got affected and interacted with Karleis and the set bonus?

The main problem with Strafe Impale is accuracy and positioning. It will throw out a lot more impales, but you won’t get the precision that most find with the standard build. It’s fun to play, just don’t expect it to perform the same as the standard arrangement.

The autocasts are random autotarget, so you can’t specifically target like you do with the regular build.

What i did was strafe on top of the target i wanted to kill so it got the big bonus. Keeping that in mind everything else died as im zipping across the map.

In low target situations that works just fine, but if you get into density, it becomes difficult or impossible to position strikes for the most advantage. Not saying it’s bad, just different.

I see, one set up I was thinking of was the use of spike trap for a pull effect. (I think it has such a rune, not sure tbh). That leads to the question if the whole thing becomes clunky or not.

Still I would like to know if you get the big bonus canceled by the autocast impales.

With the standard setup you position your cast to hit the target you want to get the big triple bonus, with autocasts most of the time it will be some random trash mob that will get hit by the bonus, it’s just not really possible to target them the way the regular build does.

I didn’t have many targeting issues. I used captains, zod, squirt, coe, wraps of clarity worn. In cube vision of gunes. I went captains for quality of life & enough resouce cost reduction to keep spinning & winning.

Not saying its bleeding edge push but my goal is 3 minute 120s lol.

1 Like

With decent gear that should be quite possible.

My testing was done in full primals, so it’s harder to say how it plays with lesser gear.

Ok thanks, that was one of the questions I wanted an answer too.

I guess at higher scenarios you will have to know when to hard cast and when and where to strafe.

Also is true that the impales went out in a fan shape?

If you have the quiver yes.

1 Like

I also went cold rune! The main reason was I had an amazing cold quiver. Im sure fire is great too.

1 Like

Thanks guys, very appreciated.

How was your experience if strafing for a longer period of time? Did you get any hatred returns?