S27 Proposal - Born's Glowing Fury - Microsets

4K Poster

https://i.ibb.co/64KPjDM/born-s-glowing-fury.jpg

Summary

• A craftable set amulet that can be cubbed
  • Plan drops at level 4 on first boss kill (100% chance).
  • If all items are green, +3250% damage.

Born’s Glowing Fury

Set Amulet - Requires Level 4

• Items requiring a character level inferior to level 70 can be used at any character level and while you have no six pieces set bonus equipped, every set item you have equipped reduces your damage taken by 4% and increases your damage by 250%.

Born’s Defiance

• Born’s Glowing Fury
  • Born’s Searing Spite
  • Born’s Heart of Steel
  • Born’s Impunity

(2) Set:

• +2% Life
  • +20% Experience. (2.0% at level 70)

(Any Class)

Microsets

4 x 13 = 52% damage reduction and 250 x 13 = 3,250% damage increase. Until you get your six pieces set bonus from Haedrig’s Gift, it is really powerful. Plan of Born’s Defiance currently drops at Level 4. The first boss killed will now have a 100% chance to drop the Plan of Born’s Defiance, at Level 4+.

First version, fixed since:
https://i.ibb.co/p4t6F68/emerald-of-the-overlord.jpg

2 Likes

Set items are legendary items, aren’t they?

Nice catch :slight_smile:

Fixed !

While this is your only non-set Legendary item equipped

1 single orange item

The legendary bonus activates if no other orange Legendary item is equipped.

So just to clarify on the

Are you saying people have to use incomplete sets for everything and gain none of the 2 or 3 part bonuses such as cain/sage, etc.? Or would the bonus apply for both (assuming RoRG) or all 3 parts along with the 3 part Sage/Cain/etc.

From my perspective, eliminating the option of wearing things like orange bracers and belts which are critical in early levelling would not be worth it unless the full 2 or 3 part set bonuses were also allowed and the full bonus for all worn parts of individual sets was counted.

The goal of the proposal was to ease leveling between from level 1 until you get your first full six pieces set.

• Proposal : 3000% (30x), no orange item equipped allowed
  • Pestilence : 3300% (33x), orange items equipped allowed

The purpose of the proposal can be subject to discussion.
Maybe more power is required to stay competitive with high end items

That said, non-six pieces sets

• can be easily crafted
  • some of them are quite powerful

If the Amulet gives 3000% increased damage and player is able to equip both Captain Crimson’s Trimming 3 pieces and Aughild’s Authority 3 pieces, it starts to be hot.

Before I posted, the very initial idea was to grant (unlock) all set bonuses until 4 pieces, with only one piece. It seemed a bit overpowered and that orientation was removed in the version I posted.

Maybe the ability to just equip any set pieces and giving a bonus per set item equipped while you have no six piece bonus is enough for a starter item ?

Like :

While this is your only non-set Legendary item equipped and you have no six pieces set bonus equipped, every set item equipped reduces your damage taken by 4% and increases your damage by 250%.

Well here is how I level as example. At around lvl 15 I gamble for bracer, belt, and pants as those are reasonably useful early and there are some good options available at that lvl. Leoric Crown is guaranteed in Campaign so I get that from there. at around 20 I craft Cain and Born and wear them as soon as able. If I get lucky on a RoRG early on I will wear only two parts of Cain but otherwise 3 parts. Now amulets are rare early on and far too expensive to gamble on at Kadala. So the chance of getting that specific item in time to be truly useful would be small unless it was a guaranteed gain from some source…

Also, if cubed powers are not allowed then the lack of Leoric (cubed) would be a huge loss of xp gain early on.

Good point.
It has to be easily accessible in order to fulfill its mission.

Legendary items are forbidden but legendary powers are OK, so if they come from the cube it is OK.

But it reminds me that the current description requires the amulet to be equipped, so in the way it is currently described it could not be cubbed. Which was not the intended direction.

I should change it like:

While this is your only non-set Legendary item equipped or you have no non-set Legendary item equipped

It would still work for me having Leoric and RoRG cubed. But again, unless we could guarantee a way of getting that specific amulet in the 1-25 lvl range I don’t see it being much of a benefit for any but the extremely lucky.

Because after level 25… What happens on your leveling path ?

Once I have my Crown bonus, both XP bonus sets and whatever useful legendary bracer/belt/pants I gambled for (15 lvl range where there is only one or two possible). I begin going after large massacre bonus levelling to 60-70. At which point if I have gotten lucky with plans for CC and Aug I wear them along with Sage. I then begin working on Season chapters 1-4 to gain the gift set reward.

1 Like

I do really like the idea as it would greatly boost my standard levelling method. The clincher is how to guarantee getting the amulet so that it can be useful. To my knowledge the only item we have a guaranteed way of gaining is the Leoric Crown. And the Hellfire Amulet/Ring with required materials. So unless the Overlord Amulet was guaranteed somehow, I don’t see it very likely of gaining that benefit before I have climbed into my Horadric Set bonus.

I do think that giving set bonus off one single set item is too much, but having it function similar to the RoRG (ie 2 parts give the 3 set bonus) would be quite good IMO.

Hum Ok, 2 scenarios:

• You equip Leoric’s Crown and cube Grasps of Essence
  • You equip Grasps of Essence and cube Leoric’s Crown

Grasps of Essence deals x10 damage and Leoric’s Crown increase XP.

With 6 set items you would do x12 damage, so I suppose Leoric’s Crown is not a big deal if you can beat harder difficulties having the full Cain’s Fate (level 23, +50% XP) and Born’s Defiance (Level 21, +20%XP) sets

Agree, have to think about it. Maybe a quest, boss or special event ?
After all Leoric gives a Crown and Malthael gives Bracers, so why not.

Ah !

But then I though

• I shall not cannibalize Ring of Royal Grandeur (duplicate power)
  • What happens if you still wear a Ring of Royal Grandeur ? -2 items ?

Well I think that would be too far honestly. So I think it should not affect the number of items needed for set bonus, thus we either have to wear 3 parts or have the ring cubed.

The best option I can see to guarantee everyone can get the amulet in a timely way is to make it craftable and not require a plan to learn it (ie. it would be added to the default items available at blacksmith.

As for the bracer thing…I always level as a DH (wraps of clarity), and per the description wearing orange bracers would disable the power of the amulet if both are worn. If the amulet is craftable it would be most likely to be worn directly as we have not enough DB early on to cube several items.

Another huge problem I am seeing is with Weapon and offhand. For most classes there is not a good set weapon/offhand we can craft. So to wear any decent weapon we would have to cube the amulet and then no chance of having RoRG.

With no RoRG bonus we can only possibly get the 3 part CC and Aug and only 2 part Sage. Also set rings are usually one of the last things I get every season. So that ends up being only 8 set parts worn unless getting lucky on a drop of Focus/Restraint or TP/CR.

One thing I feel would be absolutely necessary. The amulet itself would need to be green (count as a set bonus on itself) and not count against the one legendary (orange) allowed. That would still allow us to wear an Orange legendary weapon, however that still makes offhand and rings a problem. If the amulet is green and counts as set that gives us a total of 9 items on the set bonus. We would have to get lucky for set rings and set weapon/offhand.

1 Like

I would not be for this simply because of the fact that the levelling to six piece part of the game is laughably quick and easy already.

1 Like

I updated the proposal:

https://i.ibb.co/64KPjDM/born-s-glowing-fury.jpg

Let me know what you think.

I highly doubt they would do the blanket item level reduction. But otherwise, it looks much better overall =)

1 Like

A season theme that is oriented towards 0.01% of the season spent levelling is unfortunately not a great idea. Does Isend even play D3?

Not to mention that the season 27, 28, 29 theme ideas and beyond are probably set in stone already if not under development. Thinking Blizz (or any software company) has a 3-month development cycle from conception to design to implementation, testing and deployment seems a bit naive/optimistic.

But good on them for trying.

True. It is strange that some people think they only start working on a theme once the preceding season starts. Although I do think when someone does a title like this it is just cause it is better than saying “Future season theme proposal”.

I assume they are at least one season ahead and spend this one testing/refining the next one. Although, if they really do have more than one in the works and still decided to do this abomination instead of swapping it around with 25 so we have an amazing theme like shards (that also ties in with lore) for the 10 year anniversary you have to wonder about some decisionmaking.

Yeah don’t want to come across as mean because it is cool when people come up with suggestions and want to discuss them. Used to really enjoy those threads in other forums.

1 Like

I never said this was a seasonal theme.
More like an upgrade to the existing game to deliver for an upcoming season, if possible landing in S27.

#PlayMore #ThinkLess