S25 Proposal - Season of Exalted Items (Violet items)

Ahhhh. I like this too. :slight_smile:

Yup I changed few things according to the proposals raised by contributors to this topic.

Yes, I’m sure. Rapid Fire is the only LoD build we have and there are basically only three class specific items used in the build plus one in the cube. Dawn, the 2-hand X-bow that boosts Rapid Fire, the quiver that removes the resource cost of and increases the damage of Rapid Fire, and Hellcat Waistguard. The rest of the items that go in the build are generic items all classes can use.

So tell me, where exactly is the DH supposed to come up with a new build when our current one only has 4 items total that are DH specific?

1 Like

It seems a general balance problem with Legendary Powers on the Demon Hunter. I suppose developers could take the hint and fix some Legendaries.

I don’t have a strong opinion on this. What would you suggest ?
Buffing Companion and having a LoD pet build for Demon Hunter could be fun and refreshing.

We’ve got tons of suggestions, but concern giving our weapons and quivers legendary powers that don’t have them. We don’t have class specific shoulders, creating one would be good, our cloaks do things like give us three wolves or drop caltrops when we vault or give us a second cheat death, not much room for damage there. We’ve got a bracer and crossbows that give boni to spike traps but no damage increase. The problem with Spike Trap is there’s a casting delay so the damage is inconsistent even if those items were given damage multipliers.

Basically, our class as is is almost entirely dependent on sets and to make us not be would require more change than what would show up in a single patch.

4 Likes

I tried to build something around this:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/demon-hunter-lod-companion/47132

Let me know what you think.

It’s not a bad attempt. The thing is, Sentry counts as a pet and so some of the items would boost M6 and N6/M4 instead of being used in a LoN build. The second thing is, Zoey’s Secret, the belt that goes with M6 might become a bit too powerful in the build since it adds 9% damage resist per pet. So the LoN build would have toughness in Spades with the belt and and your bracers. And third, the damage multipliers are a bit low on the items since the companions only do 50% damage each (or could be 150% but I think it’s the lower of the two.)

It’s a cool idea but the items you suggest have wider implications than allowing a LoN pet build.

I agree with you in that dh needs non weapon/quiver damage pieces. Otherwise your just trading one piece out for another depending on what is stronger instead of getting that 3rd or 4th piece that gets the damage where it’s supposed to be.

arent exalted items in Last Epoc just purples with 1 perfect stat?

Yeah a mix of several concepts inspired this proposal.
It is not a 1:1 copy :wink:

After reading through your ideas and all the comments, I’m confused as to how others think that LoD or other sets would outshine this?

If I understand this right and every one of these items could potentially roll say, 150%-250% all skill damage, the build potential is limitless, especially when you factor in the 5000% bonus after acquiring all 13 pieces.

I love the concept behind this idea

1 Like

Yes !
It is like a Rubik’s Cube.
Build you own combination, your own deck of items.

It has end-game potential.
Spending time will be rewarded. :slight_smile:

Like I said on Reddit

It would be like the Oprah Winfrey of cube slots! So many potential powers, all under the wonderful spell of RNG

1 Like

its basically just more garbage.

2 Likes

even if they all rolled 250%, and you got all 13 equipment to get 5000%, its still inferior to LoN and LoD builds. garbage.

1 Like

Are you sure ?

It is like having 3 + 13 = 16 Kanai Cube slots (You’re a living Kanai cube) where you can mix every legendary power in the game, plus 13 Class passive powers.

Of course, numbers can be adjusted.

But for now collecting 13 Exalted items will make you feel very strong, regardless of your class.

If they all rolled 250% and it was additive with the 5000% bonus being multiplicative, LoN/LoD doesn’t compare, especially when you take into consideration the possible legendary power combinations

Yes, I agree, even in the additive scenario 13 Exalted Items should beat LoN/LoD if you take into account that each one can roll a % damage increase as a Class Legendary Power

I made a quick change in the example

If you roll a damage increase on only one skill, it should have a larger range for its RNG, because looting 13 items having damage increase on that exact same skill will be extremely hard.

Ideally, only weak skills can roll the maximum of 400%.
Weak skills are those who are currently not buffed by any legendary power.

I am just curious, wouldn’t this be similar to Unhallowed Essence set for DH? The damage is additive to Multishot by 350% per point of discipline? UE set is definitely weaker than GoD set for Demon Hunters, even with:

350% x 84 Discipline = 29,400% damage increase to Multishot + the base damage of the skill that is like 350% or something like that?

I suppose you would be very weak until you found all thirteen Exalted items so that you could finally get the 5,000% multiplicative damage?

If these are all new items, even with the legendary affixes alone, you wouldn’t have enough multiplicative damage to outweigh current builds and setups. Even if you had a bunch of weapon affixes, I would think some classes/builds would just be insanely buffed over others with this idea.

Am I missing something?

1 Like

I think most people want to play D4.

D3 Planner says LoD bonus is additive.
Exalted items bonus follows this logic and are also be additive.

While the grand completion bonus is important, you have to take into account all the powerful affixes rolled on Exalted items.

Just like Ethereal, Exalted Items have buffed stats on any piece, increasing your damage and so on.

Each piece also rolls an affixe among

• Reduce the damage of enemies hit by 25% for 5 seconds
  • Killing an elite pack increases movespeed by 30% for 7 seconds.
  • +1 to Maximum damage per Paragon Level up to 800
  • Killing an enemy reduces the cooldown of Skill X by 1 second
  • Consecutive hits to enemies increases attack speed by 3%, up to 30% for 3 seconds
  • Killing an elite pack increases movespeed by 30% for 7 seconds.
  • Consecutive hits to enemies increases damage by 10% up to 100%
  • Cursed enemies are feared in place for 7 seconds (Necromancer Only)
  • …etc.

These little ones behave like legendary powers and are non-stackable.

In addition, any armor piece potentially behaves like an Ethereal Weapon, with adjusted stats if the type of piece is an armor.

Example for an armor piece

Example for a weapon piece

An Exalted item always rolls [ 2% - 7% ] damage reduction.
13 x 2% = 26% damage reduction, minimal protection.
13 x 4% = 52% damage reduction, just like LoD.
13 x 7% = 91% damage reduction. Hard to roll on 13 pieces, this is another challenge for you.

The +100% damage can roll, for example, without restriction, but can also target a specific group of monsters (Undead, Demons, …etc.)

The +200% damage can roll, for example for the Wizard, on any skill or any Primary / Secondary / Defensive / Force / Conjuration / Mastery skill.

The +400% damage to Skill X could be the no-runed skill (Ex: Crippling Wave, Cyclone Strike, …etc.), or any runed Skill (Ex: Tsunami, Sunburst, …etc.).

This way you have to play the runed skills to benefit from the damage.

Such advantages can completely rebalance how you play the game, depending on the Exalted items your loot.

Tons of fun ! :slight_smile: