S25 Proposal - Season of Exalted Items (Violet items)

Instead of going all that fuss to figure out what you’re missing in the design developers can easily prolong the S24 to reach the same effect. You can use LoD and LoN with Ethereal items also they don’t miss the 50-52% damage mitigation unlike Exalted items as one piece simply disable every Set bonus. I don’t think you can convince developers to add this right away as it is by a few youtuber(s) comments but we’ll see.

Right !

Given your feedback, I added this comment:

While having a unique Etheral could fit into a LoD build without much power creep, having 13 of thems (with all the powerful affixes) can severely damage the balance, this is why I came up with the idea to deactivate Legacy of Dreams, Legacy of Nightmares and any Set power when at least one Exalted item is equipped.

Game is broken anyway, so… do you want a funny seasonal buff?.

Sets are active at start of the league for free (Old vanilla sets with their current stats)

Immortal King, Zunimasa, Inna’s, Tal Rasha, Natalya, Akkham, Inarius.

Just imagine to have one active set all the time and combine with other however you want, play as you want, what we always want!

I had several proposals around this

… but you need to mitigate the damage output or else it really breaks the game, as some sets weren’t initially designed to work together.

I know, but like someone says, the game is full of bots and hacks sadly, and they’re basically doing 150 in 2mins and 30 secs, the game is already broke I mean

So why not giving multiple options to play as you want? I kinda miss that you know, even if one build takes longer to other to make it work, but in the end be able to clear anything with near any build

You recreated the LoD with increased power creep and am not even slightly surprised about 91% damage reduction and 13 different passive abilities. You just don’t like when you have to push any button for self buffs.
With damage mitigation roll range being 4% to 7% that means one out of 4 Exalted items in average will have this. What’s their drop rate compared to Primals? How often player will come across the 7% damage mitigation?

To add, without completing a full Set, the player can’t even utilize them properly. Again, what’s their drop rate compared to Primals’ 1/400-1/435, or Ethereals’ 1/200 rarity? I don’t think you can balance this system properly or make it useful.

Okay, I set the range from [ 2% - 7% ] damage reduction

If I had to compare mechanics:

LoN / LoD are more gradual in power (each legendary item, given its is ancien or not, grants players a small power increase.

Sets require players to find 6 pieces, to immediately benefit from an incredible power surge.

Exalted items require to collect at least 13 pieces, and the loot is quite rare (between ancient and primal).

Exalted items will grant you a power boost through powerful affixes.

Exalted items also offer an unprecedented freedom of combination for class legendary powers, passive class skills and active skills (through powerful affixes). New builds will emerge directly from loot. Total game changer.

Just like Etherals, the Vault / Ancient Vault trick applies for low level Exalted items, so you can quickly get your 13 low level Exalted items, and quickly apply the 5000% bonus.

Then, you have the choice to use low level Exalted items, LoN, LoD or Sets to hunt high level Exalted items.

In the end, hunting 13 high level Exalted items should be your ultimate goal.
They will outperform most mechanics in the game.

Exalted items enable early, mid, and end-game gameplay, but they are different from what players are currently used to. You can mix strategies to collect your high end Exalted items.

Yeah, examples of weapon and armor pieces make a little more sense with the stats you have listed, for each respectively.

I can see the possibilities but at the same time I can’t. Please do not think I am discouraging this idea or insulting it in any way. I am just trying to think of how I could manage so much all at once knowing that I could potentially have 13 different legendary powers and 13 different passives all at once.

So, I better understand the concept, but lack the understanding on the diversity it could potentially create with pushing players into one focused build/setup with certain legendary powers and passives locking you into certain skills and/or rune choices.

Either way, just needed more clarification which you provided enough of in your response. I can see the idea working if numbers and stats were tweaked appropriately :+1:

On the contrary I like feedback, there are lots of thing I don’t see on first try and sometimes explaining the concept makes me and makes observers realize weaknesses in the proposal; which is good. I like pair review.

I totally agree, examples are important to illustrate the proposal :slight_smile:

Yes !
There is no pre-conceived build.
Any skill, even those who are currently weak, when correctly buffed by Exalted items, can become a superpower.

You are right.

Exalted items are a disruptive idea.

Thinking outside the box requires effort, especially when gameplay mechanics didn’t move for years.

Like you pointed, the number of Class Legendary Powers is limited, and for those who currently exist, they only buff few skills, with manually / fixed / pre-conceived builds.

On the other hand, manually design a new build takes time to developers, but they don’t have much time to create new builds, as they have other aspects of the game to handle, like bugs. In the end, the number of viable builds is extremely limited for a 10 years old game.

This is not enough.
The buff distribution of the current game is pretty narrow, only a bunch of skills are viable.
The whole boredom feeling every player experiments comes from this.
Season after season, they play the same builds over and over.
The lack of surprise, as the lack of RNG, greatly hurts replayability.

This is why the proposal gives more damage increase potential to skills that are currently weak, ie not buffed by any class legendary power.

It should help to balance the game and allow any skill to shine if you roll the correct affixes on Exalted items.

Finally, having a dedicated Leaderboard for Exalted items can ensure a fair competition.

The main objective of this proposal is to liberate players from pre-conceived builds, so they can enjoy the game with any skill, and use any build (even the unexpected ones) solely based on their Exalted items loot.

RNG FTW.
(Random Number Generators For The Win)

Thanks for your feedback !

1 Like

Lol another terrible idea by OP, and 10 days later still not a single “like”. Shocked…

Depends on platform.

• Diablo 3 Forums are more a comment dealer than a like dealer (Zero Like)
  • Youtube is more a like dealer than a comment dealer (Almost 500 Likes)

YouTube videos (German) on this topic (For “Likes”)

Diablo 3 - Season 25 Leak: Neue Items (Exalted, Gerüchteküche) - 442 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36WNo5IolxA

Diablo 3 Season 25 - Wirklich? - 35 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHRTgKGiq2c

this sounds like an absolutely terrible idea. you literally just copied and pasted Eths. great originality.

1 Like

and how is this different from season 24? complete nonsense your idea

1 Like

Ethereals are a good idea, increasing RNG, but they are limited to only 1 weapon.

This constraint seriously limits the potential of the idea behind Ethereals.

In order to unlock the full potential of Ethereals, and further increase RNG, this proposal standardizes the Ethereal concept, extending it to all pieces (weapon, offhand and armor pieces).

These items are called Exalted items.

You can equip up to 13 Exalted items.

Because Exalted items are very powerful, in order to preserve the balance:

• LoN / LoD / Set powers are deactivated once you equip an Exalted item
  • You get a 5000% increased damage bonus (Exalted Aura) if you equip 13 Exalted items

Graphically speaking, one idea could be that the Exalted Aura appears as a violet aura, like a very smaller version of the Triune of Love (which is a violet Occulus) limited to your character width. That aura is bound to your character and follows it.

One idea of what Exalted Aura could barely look : https://i.imgur.com/0tC87EX.png
Imagine the violet aura smaller, character-width, and without hard circle or number at center.

Exalted items roll with the violet color as their default color.
Weapons having cosmetic effects (auras, etc) now have violet cosmetic effects.

Exalted items can be Transmogrified and Dyed.
These cosmetic operations were not allowed for Ethereals.

Because Exalted items are special:

• The transmog for original violet color and violet cometic effects cannot be unlocked in your transmog list.
  • If you dye or transmog an Exalted item, its original violet color and violet cometic effects are lost.
  • For items that support dying, you will still be able to dye the item with an approximating violet color.

Concepts

• Without Exalted Aura: https://i.ibb.co/MCQzZz1/without-exalted-aura.png
  • With Exalted Aura (Triune of Love) : https://i.ibb.co/zFD2p6Z/with-exalted-aura.png
  • With Exalted Aura (Super Sayan Light Violet) : https://i.ibb.co/dgvkKv7/with-exalted-aura-2.png
  • With Exalted Aura (Super Sayan Dark Violet) : https://i.ibb.co/R7VN80p/with-exalted-aura-3.png

Personally I like the Super Sayan Auras.

For more information, you can read comments on this topic (examples of Exalted items given few posts above), or you can read comments on the Reddit thread: https://tinyurl.com/hrf45ym7

Question
If Exalted weapons and Exalted off-hands could roll an affixe giving them up to 3 sockets, would it be overpowered ?

Examples of 6 Exalted items
https://i.ibb.co/cC387kk/exalted-items.png

I’ve already explained why I think this is a bad idea since you obviously don’t play DH, I won’t go into it again but I will humor the idea.

How would Exalted Items handle items that can be used by all classes but might not roll certain classes. What I mean is, is I like running around with a shield and one hand crossbow instead of a quiver. But shields don’t roll for DH’s. If you gamble for them at the Kadala they come with stats for Barbs, Crusaders, Wizards, Monks, and Necros but not DH’s.

So what I’m asking is what would an Exalted Shield look like in this idea of yours? Could it potentially help all classes or would it roll with stats for only the 5 classes I mentioned earlier?

I balanced this after your comments.

I added a super roll (up to +400%) on weak skills (skills that are actually non buffed by any legendary class power) to make them more powerful.

Rolled Class legendary powers on Exalted items can still be useful, but are not as important as they previously were.

Class legendary powers are now a small bonus comparing to the many powerful affixes an Exalted item can roll.

Optimizing your class legendary powers collection is still useful, but this is more an end game stuff. Like a cherry on the cake.

https://maxroll.gg/d3planner seems to indicate that a Demon Hunter can equip at least 2 shields with legendary powers such Defender of Westmarch and Freeze of Deflection, plus any yellow or white shield.

I suppose shields can potentially loot from enemies when you play as a Demon Hunter.

In my vision:

• Any item you can loot can be an Exalted item (Ex: instead of looting a white you loot a violet)
  • Exalted items can roll any class legendary power
  • Exalted items can roll any skill empowerment

So if you loot a shield, and that shield is an Exalted item, it can roll any class legendary power, and enhance any skill you have.

I think it should work in your { hand crossbow + shield } configuration.

Examples of 6 Exalted items
https://i.ibb.co/cC387kk/exalted-items.png

Inarius gives a flat 10 000% increase in damage done by using bone armor for the 6 set bonus. Having that on top of another set would be vastly superior to the other sets you listed.

Impossible. Can’t happen.
Set powers are deactivated if you equip an Exalted item.

See main post, first line after the word Also

That’s not what he’s talking about. He’s talking about equipping Innarius with Aughild’s or Captain Crimson’s.

Another thing though. You say that potentially you can have 17 different passives.

As another indicator that you don’t play DH, there are only at most 7 passives in the DH passives that would make sense to use together. So about only 3 Exalted Items and their Passives would help a DH.

I don’t know but looting 13 Exalted Items just to be able to have 3 of them be of any use when it comes to passives. That’s a huge waste.

Then there’s the question of how long do you intend it to take to put 13 Exalted items together. Are we talking hundreds or thousands of hours?

Are we going with something like a guaranteed Exalted item in every Grift 90 and above? Or rarer than that?

Point being, if it isn’t achievable by most players, it isn’t going to be much a fun season.

Another point…

I like the GoD Set but would like to use Grenades. According to your thing, if I’m reading this right, the closest I could get to that is using Strafe with the Demolition rune.

So I’ll be looking for only items with Strafe or Strafe Demolition as affixes. Then there’s the resource issue. To be able to use Strafe continuously, I would need the Seethe Rune on Vengeance, so Dawn is automatic in the cube. Then I’d have to use either Cindercoat or Pride’s Fall, but the build can’t function without Hellcat Waistguard. There’s only 1 armor slot in the cube, so either I have to equip on of the items and lose the Exalted bonus for that item or just cube Hellcat.

Point is, if I want to play a gimped a Grenades/Strafe build, I’d just play GoD which is a lot easier to gear than try to put together an Exalted “set” just to play a gimped build.

Like I said, your idea is bad.

Thanks.

Aughild’s gives you 30% increased damage.

But just 1 Exalted can give you:

And you can equip 13 Exalted items.

See list of powers and example here:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/s25-season-of-exalted-items-violet-items/47126/40

No one will hunt Exalted items just for passives.
Count them as a cherry on the cake.

You can use the same trick as Ethereals to quickly get 13 low level Exalted items.

Vault / Snapshop Method:
https://maxroll.gg/resources/s24-theme-ethereals#snapshot

It should follow the same rule as Ethereals.

That said, I’m not opposed to loot a guaranted Mid or High level Exalted item past a certain Rift Difficulty, as a token of reward. Why not.

Ideally it should not be the only new thing in the season.
For example, Season 24 offered Ethereals + a reworked Monk Set (Inna).

Two other options:

• Roll the class legendary power of Hellcat Waistguard on an Exalted item, whatever its level is. The Vault / Snapshop Method at low level is the fastest way to find the appropriate class legendary power you seek. Of course, statistics of that Exalted item will be quite low.
  • Roll { Grenade, or Any Grenade rune, or Primary skills } damage increase on all your Exalted items, so you’ll get a big bonus, and you can loot Hellcat Waistguard legendary power later, while adventuring.

Sure any existing mechanic is still playable.
It just won’t appear in the Exalted items leaderboards.

Sets are designed for that quick power surge you described.
Exalted items are designed to reward patience with a superior power.