S25 - When is it starting?

Just few days left for S24 to end and almost all streamers speculated that S25 will start on Dec 10th. Yet, no word from devs till now.

Does this mean S25 is getting pushed to 17th or even further?

3 Likes

I’d prefer not to speculate. We should have an answer by Monday 5 PM at the latest. I know that date is AFTER the season end date, but there are obstacles that need to be cleared. Remember, everyone at the office had last week off, including Monday-Wednesday. That includes ALL teams, not just the Diablo teams.

Now, the teams working on the patch are likely inputting the feedback given from the PTR and testing that to make sure it passes internal checks. Once cleared, the team will check in with the CMs and pass off their notes. The CMs will write up the patch notes and throw in the season start date towards the end.

All of this takes up to a week of testing, if there are no issues. If there are issues, the start date will be pushed back until all issues are dealt with internally. The point is: We don’t know if the start date is going to be pushed back. If it is, one of the CMs will post a message.

That said, the hope is that there are no issues and S25 will start on time. Wait and see mode for the players, as only those working on 2.7.2 know the timeline that has been set. For the record, I do not know those internal workings, I’m just very good with a calendar and reading the signs when it comes to all things Diablo…

1 Like

It starts when they turn on the patch for the live servers.

They don’t even have to tell anyone.

3 Likes

You’ll know as soon as everyone else does, i.e. when Blizzard announces it.

4 Likes

well, my guess if they don’t announce new season this week, it wont start on 10th. but knowing blizz, they may announce on monday and start on friday.

1 Like

It starts when they flick the switch not before.

You know how they are every season, when does it start, when does it end.

1 Like

best estimate is Dec 10 or Dec 17

2 Likes

You know there’s been several threads on this very subject?

What we do know is that S24 ends on the 5th. The most likely release date for the patch the 7th as several previous patches have been released on the very first Tuesday after the season end. The S25 start date should be announced along with the patch notes.

Many previous seasons have started either 5 or 12 days after the previous ends so 10th or 17th are the best estimates. Until Blizzard states the exact date however, those are just estimates.

Hey lads!

I just checked when devs dropped final patchnotes for S24.
It was literally 2 weeks before Season24 Start (on a friday as well).

Since noone was working last week at Blizzard we probably get patchnotes this friday including S25 start date.

Im 99,9% sure:

• Friday 3rd. of December → Final Patchnotes
  • Sunday 5th of December → S24 End
  • Tuesday 7th of December → S25 Patch goes live
  • Friday 10th of December → S25 Start
3 Likes

Nope. Non-emergency patches are never applied on Thursdays. They are applied on Tuesdays.

Patch 2.7.2 is expected to go live on the 7th.

1 Like

So S24 Patch was an emergency patch?

what

Nope, patch 2.7.1 was applied on Tuesday. It was a normal patch.

edit:

Just rechecked. Patch 2.7.1 was applied on July 20th. It was Tuesday.

1 Like

Well i mixed up something i guess.

Actually S24 Patch was live on the 20th, i just checked it.
Let me fix my post rly quick then :smiley:

Soon. 20 characters123

My bet is:
Season 25 start 31.12.2021
exactly 25 years after diablo 1 came out

3 Likes

December 10 or Dec 17

1 Like

Final patchnotes 2 weeks before season start would mean Friday 17th December for S25 start?

Like i said: “since noone was working last week at Blizzard…”
means we probably get only 1 week between final patchnotes and season start or they stick to schedule and s25 start dec 17th.

But i guess we get patchnotes this friday and s25 starts dec. 10th

December 25th - Season 25.

Works for me