S25 Spirit of Arachyr itemization proposal

S25 Spirit of Arachyr itemization proposal

Summary
Permanent Corpse spiders. Acid Wall triggers Ring of Poison + Death is Life which become powerful support skills.

In-game concept : https://i.ibb.co/FYfghYM/witch.png

Spider Queen’s Grasp

Corpse Spiders deals an additional 600-800% damage and releases a web on impact that Slows enemies by 80%. Corpse Spiders is commanded to attack a random enemy in the area you cast Acid cloud.

Brood of Araneae

Corpse Spiders deals an additional 75-100% damage, and each spider bite causes the target to take an additional 1% 10% damage from Corpse Spiders for 5 seconds.

Coils of the First Spider

While channeling Firebats, you gain 30% damage reduction and [60,000 - 80,000] Life per Hit
Corpse Spiders returns you 0.5% of your Maximum Life when it deals damage, and you gain 25% armor increase per small spider you have.

Spirit of Arachyr (2-piece bonus)

Corpse Spiders now spawns with health and attacks twice as fast.
Corpse Spiders gains the effect of all its runes, and you now passively give birth to 10 small spiders that do not expire, follow you, and attack 100% faster. Maximum 10 small spiders.

Spirit of Arachyr (4-piece bonus)

Summon a permanent Spider Queen who leaves behind webs that lasts for 15 seconds and Slows enemies. You take 75% reduced damage while in the web. The Spider Queen is commanded to move to where you cast your Corpse Spiders.
Your damage reduction is increased by 35% and you gain 1% additional damage reduction for 15 seconds each time Corpse Spiders deals damage, stacking up to 40 times.

Spirit of Arachyr (6-piece bonus)

The damage of your creature skills is increased by 17,500%. Creature skills are Corpse Spiders, Plague of Toads, Firebats, Locust Swarm, Hex, and Piranhas.
Corpse Spiders deals 1,000% increased damage for 15 seconds each time it deals damage, up to 17,500%, and deals an additional 250% increased damage in Acid Cloud.

Acidifying Venom (New Amulet)

Acid cloud increases the damage of Corpse spiders in the cloud by 250%, and triggers both Wall of Death and Grasps of the Dead. The Mana cost of Acid cloud is reduced by 75%.

Black Widow (New Ring)

The Ring of Poison rune of Wall of Death, and the Death is Life rune of Grasps of the Dead both increase the damage of Corpse Spiders within their range by 50% for 15 seconds. Max 10 stacks.

Alternative: Rather than 10 small spiders, 4 big spiders and ajust numbers

See also:

No need to create new items or what you want, just need to have a coherent build.

And I don’t know why you’re post this on general forum, there is a subforum for WD. Main WD read the good forum.

Maybe because you’re post all your ideas about Necro in the wrong forum.

Edit: your career show you play 1% of your time with a WD, it’s funny.

2 Likes

This post is mostly about S25 new changes.
WD also read the general forum (proof: you read it)

Just like 99% of Diablo 3 players.
Maybe because sets and items are not that attractive.
At least I try to make contructive proposals.

The current mechanics are clunky :

• Webs that are supposed to protect you are thrown by the spider queen, but spider queen is often behind you. You can tell your spider queen where to go, but then you are without any protection. So you die a lot.
  • It is extremly hard to make the difference between webs thrown by the spider queen (that are supposed to protect you), and the webs thrown by Corpse Spiders (that do not protect you). So you die a lot.
  • You have to throw jars to get Corpse spiders. The ever repeating sound of jar breaking is annoying, and fantasy speaking, jars and spiders have nothing in common. Having a spider set allowing you to brood Corpse spiders is a lot more more appealing and disgusting, fantasy-speaking. Just like the new enemy revealed for Diablo4, the spider host.
  • Corpse Spiders is currently so weak on PTR that top builds still use Firebats. The objective to make peiple play Corpse Spiders is obviously not met.

The proposal gives you more defense and Life regen, as it improve Corpse Spider Damage by combining skills that are interesting graphically speaking to combine (aesthetics matters).

The proposal allows you to support your Corpse Spiders with Acid Cloud, just like a Necro would support its pets with Curpse to improve their damage.
With the difference that in the proposal relies on 3 different support skills, and their buffs are phenomenal.

All these buffs require lots of wording, and 2 new items. These new items don’t need modeling, just an icon, so the change should be minor for developers.

If you don’t play WD, thanks to keep your ideas for you.
It’s simple.

Your words are inconsistent.

But can you please avoid personal attacks and stay on the subject ?

How would you improve the proposal, as the great WD expert you are ?

Why do you post about a class you don’t play?

I gave my opinion in another post.

And I try to no complain about my main class.

I’m not here to that.

1 Like

Just use Arachyr für chicken build :wink:

1 Like