S25 speed wotw with sever

Sever is now a viable option in my opinion with the Soul Shard Essence of Anguish with Killing Blow affix to speed farm 90s and up :smiley:

I’ll post a clip shortly.

1. This should be in the PTR Feedback forum and…
  2. The interaction of the soul shards and Sever will be fixed before the PTR’s over, it’ll never hit live like that

Click the little blue pencil under your post to enter Edit mode. In the Editing window, at the top right, click the drop-down list of sub-forums, select “PTR Feedback” and click Save. That will move your thread to the right forum.

I know where the ptr forum is, thank you.

So you see them completely reworking sever or removing the killing blow affix on Essence of anguish huh?

This is a barbarian thread in a barbarian forum, discussing possibilities for Season 25.
Thanks again for your advice. I also know how to edit a post.

Okay, so you know you’re posting in the wrong forum and doing it anyway.

I see them fixing the bugged interaction, and I see them doing it in the first patch of the PTR, i.e. this will never hit live.

You’re discussing things that are being tested on the PTR, whilst actively avoiding the PTR forums to do so, knowing that the interaction between Sever and the soul shards is a bug, and that taking advantage of the bug on live would be an exploit.

1 Like

That’s a matter of opinion, and we all know what opinions are akin to…

I searched the ptr forum, and no bug threads were found listing “sever” and “anguish” so please forgive my ignorance if this is a known bug.

How do you know I am ‘actively avoiding the PTR forums’ ? I’ve skimmed them, and see zer0 value in posting there as there is no answered threads by a dev team member regarding any of it.
Even if there was an active csm on the ptr to field questions regarding what is or isnt intended; pretty much all of it is heresay.
We have no idea what will or will not make it in the live version until the seasons are released.

And yet PERSISTENT bugs that have existed since I took a 2 year break still plague this game to date.

Its not a matter of opinion. Allowing a clear bug to pass to live and let every class clear 150s by 1700 paragon is silly. And yes it is known bug. Sever is supposed to be cosmetic proc only yet it is the reason 150 one shooting is happening.

Ah, i thought 1700 paras were clearing 150s by intentionally doubling down on Shards, I was not aware they were also using sever.
I thought it was clever XD

well it was indeed clever. Ill agree with you on that point.

2 Likes

Let’s see what happens when they update the PTR and patch notes.
(Should be Thursday)

1 Like

Achingly accurate. I don’t blame you for posting here. Why not when the PTR forums are full of crickets?

2 Likes

The lack of communication from Blizzard devs is so obvious whenever a PTR or new patch hits and yet so many people act like they are doing such a great job. It’s baffling.

1 Like

My apologies for replying harshly, I was glad briefly that a seemingly useless item became useful, and unaware that the consensus was [Sever] use was an exploit.
It only seemed to me that the dev team finally found a use for it this season, and had I not gotten a killing blow essence I never would have used it.

What was a matter of opinion for me is whether or not this was the correct forum.

Thanks, the forums are in a sad state for the most part. The only section i ever actively engaged in was for the barb…