S22 Live - An Explanation?

D3 team…you started the S22 on console yesterday by accident and then disabled it.

I see no blue post explaining what happened or what you are going to do with the players who used their CR reward.

Dare we ask you show a little consideration to the playerbase not on PC?

You recently said you do not favor PC over Consoles yet when the EU Leaderboards on PC were not updating you posted in the General section yet nothing here on the issue of S22 starting earlier thus its hard to believe what you say on PC not being favored.

Have you got any comment to the Console community? It’s percieved as fairly rude to have Community Managers who not manage communities of D3 players simply because they are on Console.

11 Likes

i agree, i also started a new toon as it said the season 22 started on tuesday,
played till level 22, than got on tonight and was playing for about 1 hr and than got a message that the season was ending in 1 minute, WTF is going on,

2 Likes

I agree. I really don’t understand the lack of communication with the console community.

2 Likes

Explanation? Um… Oops?

2 Likes

Oh Nick…we won’t get any explanation. I mean, when something goes wrong with the PC version of the game, there’s a stickied thread…with us, zero, nada, zilch, nothing, SFA, bugger all. I think you get the drift. I highly doubt we’ll get a Blue even acknowledge this issue publicly, let alone comment on it.

I’ll wait for Saturday, if no CR reset, or cannot continue with the seasonal character that I started yesterday, then I’ll simply uninstall the game and forget about it. Blizzard has long lost me as a customer, it’ll just lose me as a seasonal player too. I encourage everyone else screwed by this monumental stuff up to do the same. Just uninstall D3, walk away from the game. There’s plenty of other games on the market, and plenty of things to do in real world life too. Stop rewarding Blizzard.

If a dog keeps biting you, do you keep feeding it?

1 Like

Just remember if you don’t acknowledge something happened, it didn’t happen, just go back to sleep.

An honest mans solution to life :face_with_monocle:

How do you support the game by just playing it, using their server for free and not investing any money?

D3 is just playing for fun or leave it. You already bought it + RoS and maybe the necro, so they already got their money and now they just pay to let you play. Less player means they need less erver capability. Stoping to play D3 changes nothing for Blizzard.

The way they continue to treat the console community WILL impact D4 sales.

1 Like

I agree, that not buying new games will affect them.
But I still think, playing or stoping the old ones does not matter exept WOW monthly pay-model.

It doesn’t affect them financially in the short term. It does hurt their active player numbers, which looks BAD in their quarterly statements. It tells investors that players have lost interest in their games.

But if you’d read my entire post, you’d see that I said that you don’t keep feeding the dog that bites you. I am not enjoying the game anymore, and I am greatly disgruntled with Blizzard. Why keep the circle of anger, angst and frustration going? It’s far better for my physical and mental health to accept things as they are and walk away from the game, and from the company.

The problem here is that there’s really a new financial model for games, and I fully expect that D4 will use it…namely monetization by in-game purchases.

Truthfully, I don’t even have a problem with that model, as long as the game isn’t continually tweaked to require those purchases, and the purchases are ‘what you see is what you get’, as opposed to gambling.

hahaha yeah…nah…

1 Like

I just found out that when Blizzard stopped the “early” start and toons created in the false Season start became non Seasonal they then got to assign non Season Paragon points to the toon THEN when S22 did start properly they kept their Paragon assignments…

Thus, if you had 4k Paragon in non Season and you created a toon during the false start and then resumed that toon after the real start you got to use the 4k Paragon in Season.

The way I see it, any person who allocated thier non season paragon likely also brought over modded gear. At that point, their paragon level doesn’t really matter. Their modded gear is allowing them to run 1-2 minute gr 150s. These people are already on the leaderboards, and should be ignored. Hopefully blizzard wipes them off the boards.

True but I’m more thinking of those that created a toon early but do not have modded gear…they get a massive advantage from non season paragon and you have no way of knowing…on PS4 there are only 3 people in S22 with modded gear and I think on XB1 its like 1 or 2?

But how many started a toon and used non season paragon points? Could be more? I’m seeing clears on GR’s with gear and gems that equate to 10 GR’s below what they are currently doing and only mainstat from paragon will get them that far?

There is one way to know. Ask the person in question to make a clip of their seasonal character showing their stats and paragon. Then have them also include in the clip showing a non seasonal character. If they are willing to make the clip, chances are they didn’t do what you are saying. If they do nake the clip, compare their seasonal paragon to their non seasonal paragon. If their non seasonal paragon is higher than their seasonal paragon, they didn’t import their non season paragon. If their seasonal paragon is higher than their non seasonal paragon, they could have done it, but also could have just gotten more paragon this season. This far into the season, people could have 3-4k paragon legit on console so far.

There is still a window for not truely knowing if the person imported their non season paragon or not. You can check to see if they have any game clips from early in the season. Those clips may provide an indication. If the clip was made in week one of the season and they had 3k+ paragon, they probably did carry non season paragon in.

A dedicated grinder can acheive 1000-1800 in the first week. Keep that in mind.

This is another good reason why a character’s sheet data should appear on the leaderboards.