S22 Kanai Cube Theorycraft

This just isn’t our patch, boys. If a minor buff to leapquake is all we get, the only reason to play S22 will be the 4th slot for Kanai’s cube.

Rend: can wear FnR and cube ORotZ and BoM or CoE
Charge: Like S17, you can get FnR and BoM/RoRG
HotA: More rings.
Leapquake: Probably FotVP or CoE.
Proslam: Adding BoM or CoE

I’m thinking nothing really game-changing for barbs. Anything I’m missing?

1 Like

I’m curious about frenzy, especially as rgk. It should, unless I am missing something, be possible to wear captain crimson. Jewelry slot - rorg, fourth - undisputed champion. Endless walk set and coe worn. If you get up to 65% cdr, which is pretty much cooldown on every piece of gear you can have wrath up for two elemental cycles and be ready for the next one.

I think you’d want Depth Diggers in there somewhere. With the 4th cube slot you could do it, but you’d have to choose between BoM and CoE. As RGK you’d obv go CoE.

Worn: 5pc H90, 2P CC, EW, CoE/BoM
Cube: Bastions, undisputed, RoRG, DD

I personally think that Aughild might be better, at least for solo.

Wear: 5pc H90, 2pc Aug, undisputed, EW, BoM
Cube: bastions, DD, CoE, RoRG

So for IK HOTA, Magefist for more damage?

For IK/HoTA :

• you wear The Burning Axe of Sankis and cube Echoing Fury. Axe of Sankis/Remorseless give a better attack speed than Remorseless/Echoing Fury and you don’t have the fear effect proc from Echoing Fury.

• you wear Istvan’s blades and cube Remorseless

1 Like

Oh yeah, had forgotten about Sankis.

Wonder which of your two options are better.

It’ll be CoE. The best option for either a Fire or a Phys setup.

I’m guessing same build as S20 (Ambo/Doom/FnR) + Furnace for Rend barbs.

The shadow thing seems like it has the potential to screw up our CC planning.

Problem with running FnR this season is you only have two slots you can cube rings. Zodiac and band of might are mandatory which leaves out COE. The other option will be much easier to gear. Wear ambos/doom and crimson plus COE and BOM. Cube furnace, lamentation, zodiac and rorg. Also having crimson and band of might will make all damage trivial so battle rage swords to ploughshare can be switched to into the fray. In this version the added base cdr from crimson will likely allow for the removal of the boon of bulkathos rune very early in progression and use 4 damage passives at the very start.

1 Like

In my opinion the 2nd is better because Istvan’s blades are more consistent.

1 Like

I was thinking this too. You can also run CC3 hybrid without having to choose between CoE and BoM now, which may help players like me who never have enough paragon for CC3 to be worth dropping BoM.

You’re already running EW, CoE and BoM, we couldn’t get EW and F&R, so not sure what other rings might help. Could run FoT. I was also thinking about going back to IB and cubing remorseless. Thinking IB armor plus consistent speed may be worth losing EF. Could also run Aquila for more tank or Magefist for more damage.

Agreed nothing really game changing. I’m trying to decide if it will be worth it to play this season or not.

Well for frenzy we could use istavan’s and cube oathbreaker (that is if you have stun and freeze on gear), we could use messerschimdt’s reaver for possible 100% uptime on wrath, coe/echoing fury with aughild’s and rorg, or possibly even just nems for extra elites for solo.

Not exactly. The Season theme will make it possible for low-Paragon players to run the Crimson variant with RoRG, Band of Might, Zodiac, and COE, or to drop COE and wear FnR with RORG + one other ring, but all this means is that the Crimson’s variant is more accessible. Crimson’s is only worthwhile to use over Core if you can lock COE in the build, and by the time most players have that Paragon, they can take the Core build just as far.

The Season theme doesn’t do much for Rend. It offers some interesting (on paper) choices for H90 and Pro Slam, but that’s about it.

Yep, I think you’re right. I’ll admit I was half thinking about R6 and LoD when I wrote that (we sure have a lot of ways to play HotA…)

1 Like

I think ill go frenzy with the Weapon in the cube that gives +50% elitedmg. Should be a pretty nice rgk then

Just got for pretty. Frenzy with new wizardspike in cube :love_you_gesture: if it not “wizard only”. Don’t know how that weapon will work.

Also, will 2 piece H90 with IK on HoTA work with extra spot in cube? Would it be worth anything? Not sure how the “doubles effectiveness of shouts” work.

Heck, you can play IK HOTA with 2 pieces of H90 right now. I don’t think anybody ever really tried it, but it’s probably a pretty good setup.

Doubling your shouts works well with that build since a bunch of your damage comes from BR:Bloodshed. You would also want to have some freeze/stun rolls on your belt, gloves, and weapons to take advantage of the H90 2 piece double damage to frozen/stunned/feared enemies.

5 Likes

I’m planning to test this during the PTR. It was brought up in the IK HOTA build thread so I plan to test it the first week of the PTR to see how it compares with the traditional build. I think its definitely doable as long as you can maintain fury.

Well if during the next season can always put fury shoulders in cube with extra slot. H90 shoulders equipped.

I can’t wait to read your impressions :slight_smile: