S21 GoD6 rank 1 GR 123 clear video

So GoD6 can push in 2 days what Shadow Impale took all season to push last season. lawl

Good Job, keep it up!

It’s all due to the season buff, the trombone noises are really strong.

3 Likes

in My 122 i had festering woods too to start, and guess what, 0 pylons… LOL.

1 Like

I think it’s a little ironic that you have a Squirt’s equipped, but I guess it worked out for you. :wink:

I can’t quite tell. Are you weaving HA shots throughout or just enough to switch back and forth between HA and ES? I can see stutter steps, but it’s not as many as I would expect with normal weaving.

As much as i dislike squirts disadvantage states, it’s still my favorite amulet :stuck_out_tongue: (and a must since im not using stricken).

I weave HA’s and ES’s at 2 APS usually, unless i need to get to an oculus ring or im in a ton of danger. Rotating 1 ES for every 6 HA’s to keep up the chains.

1 Like

On a side note, I saw some guy did a 118 with Multishot, what’s that about? :wink:

1 Like

congratz on the 123 clear.
i m curious to see whether the crowd will still go with vallas in week 2, now that the 9 frame has been figured out.

where is the breakpoint chart for vall’s vs fortress ballista? ty

There isn’t really a breakpoint chart but I can make you an abbreviated version here. Since the GoD 4-piece bonus has an internal cooldown of 9 frames, you want to aim for 1.5000-1.6666 attacks per second so that you fire a primary with every strafe projectile ideally. However, this isn’t possible with most setups (e.g. hand crossbows), so Valla’s will help fill in the gaps so you spawn as many primaries per second as possible. For that 9 frame breakpoint, if using a bow, you must remove paragon from your character and use a quiver with 19% attack speed or less! A primal Ninth Cirri Satchel will put you over to the next breakpoint!

Attacks per second Frames per attack Use Valla’s? Possible Setups
1.3637-1.5000 10 No 2H Xbow + Quiver
1.5001-1.6666 9 No 2H Xbow + Quiver, Bow + Quiver(19%), 1H Xbow + Shield
1.6667-1.8750 8 Yes Bow + Quiver, 1H Xbow + Quiver, 2x 1H Xbow
1.8751-2.1428 7 Yes Bow + Quiver, 1H Xbow + Quiver, 2x 1H Xbow
2.1429-2.5000 6 Yes Bow + Quiver, 1H Xbow + Quiver, 2x 1H Xbow
2.5001-3.0000 5 No 1H Xbow + Quiver, 2x 1H Xbow

Also, the 5 FPA breakpoint requires several attack speed rolls and IAS on your weapon(s) so it isn’t generally useful. You can also use the Rocket Storm rune of Strafe to help proc primaries if your attack misses the 9 frame internal cooldown window. You can use Fortress Ballista with Rocket Storm to almost make up the damage loss of a bad breakpoint.

That said, Valla’s and/or Rocket Storm don’t allow you more primaries than once every 9 frames, they just help you get as close to every 9 frames as possible since you are hitting more targets over many different frames.

6 Likes

thanks for this Iria, but I think I am more lost now… Heh, my spec sheet shows this:

my attack speed now 2.23 main, 2.11 oh (ballista xbox) I can actually roll off 7ias off my gloves and pur 20% area damage if i can’t get to the next breakpoint anyway and if AD is more beneficial there?> At the same time, I can get more ias by adding it to rings, if I am close to the next breakpoint.

Me too lol. That’s why I use Rocket Storm and manually cast HA twice/second.

Bravo, DiEoxidE! Nicely Done!

I checked the Leaderboard before reading this thread, saw your name at Rank 1, and did a double take to make sure I was looking at The Americas Solo DH board and not just the Clan board. :grin:

1 Like

Why do you run Rocket Storm? Seems like your attack speed should be under the 1.67 breakpoint.

Because it only stays consistent if you’re not moving and the target isn’t either, for all BP’s. Rocket storm fills in the gap for those times.

Interesting, thanks for the response. I like the movement speed on Strafe for drifting shadow, especially for keeping myself alive around mobs. Any idea how much drop-off in GRs to expect from not using Rocket Storm?

I turned on sound for the first time in months to see what all the fuss is about. All I can hear is…

1 Like

I would love a post about how to best make use of the season 21 theme.

I mostly get firewalls that spawn off to the side and crawl slowly and menacingly toward nothing. The only exciting buff is the rainbow breath.

With the damage based on kills, seems like it should be pretty useless on rift guardians unless you get really lucky on the timing.

It should be easier to leverage on something like a barb (or anything with a pull skill, really), but positioning is key for the snowball and the twisters. Both of those will do really good damage, if you can get them to hit frequently. Big packs are usually okay, since you’ll generally get enough hits in big packs for them (and the meteors) to be useful even without trying to leverage them.

They can also be useful to finish off elites. That’s a bit trickier though, you want to try to trap them in a smaller area. Easier said than done if you don’t have a pull, but you can still body-aggro melee-type elites that like to close on you. If you can find a spot on the map that’s a narrow corridor or a small end section or something you can get significantly more damage out of the twisters and the snowball.

The firewall seems by far the most useless to me. I haven’t really seen it do any appreciable amount of damage. I’ve had some good damage from the meteors, snowball, and twisters though. The beam doesn’t do quite as much damage, but at least you can target it. The firewall just seems largely useless.

I worked my wizard up the board yesterday and managed to get a bit of work on the RG from the theme, but it wasn’t as effective as I wanted, but it definitely did a solid amount of damage. If you can time it right though and get 100-150 stacks for the RG, it should take a decent chunk off. You can leverage it a bit too by trying to focus on getting more smaller trash kills before the RG to get your stacks up. It’s a bit too random, so if you’re close on the timer you probably just want to make sure you get the progression down so you have enough time to finish the RG, but if you’ve got a bit of leeway you can try and carry some trash stacks to the RG.

Saxtris and Hamelin are likely the BiS RGs for the season, since you can also generate some stacks during the RG fight. Unless you are playing Impale I guess, but is anyone really doing that anymore?

1 Like

Dieoxide I just noticed you only have cooldown reduction in helm, shoulders and gloves. How do you keep 100% uptime on Vengeance? Unless I’m missing something, that should be about 33% CDR which isn’t enough for 100% uptime.

That is correct. I normally don’t play with perma vengeance. I’ve gotten use to knowing when the downtime happens (usually around 1 to 2 seconds) and repositioning accordingly so that I’m not crowd controlled into oblivion. In this case, I tend to pop shadow power gloom during the small down time, similar to how monks deal with not having 100% up-time on epiphany.

I’ve always found it rather difficult to get the proper amount of cdr without sacrificing vital rolls on gear or just getting lucky with RNG, so I’ve just learned to play around it.

4 Likes