S19 GR 96 FotH SG - Subdue

Question: Is blinding and slowing enemies an underrated defensive strategy for crusaders?

I just played around with crusi abilities and items and reached my daily GR next level today, but this time with Shield Glare - Sub Due & The Final Witness combination and Provoke - Too scared to run to make this strategy complete. Next GR done with low para, very low leg gems, but very good PTR 4 free gear …

Took 5 tries. Using this strategy both the crusader king & stoneboy almost did nothing to me. funny! it’s also good for moving bosses, what’s normally a mess.

What’s your opinion? Any further ideas?

My setup:

Cube: Furnace, KHASSETT’S CORD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, obsidian
Jewelry: Unity, Compass Rose, Traveler’s Pledge
Armor: AoV, Crimsons
Bracer: Strongarm Bracers, cause forgot to switch to Nemesis
Weapon: Darklight
Shield: The Final Witness
Legendary Gems: Trapped, Stricken, Esoteric Alteration
Passives: Indestructable, Fervor, Finery, Long Arm
Skills: FotH:Fissure, Iron Skin - Steel Scrin, Law of Valor:Unstoppable Force, Shield Glare - Subdue, Akarat’s Champ:Prophet, Provoke: Too Scared to Run

That means: this is with both of our 2 cheat death abilities.
High CDR where possible but necklace. It’s very fluent then.

If I were high paragon and could drop the unity for COE:

1. Pulling like the whole map infront of me with long range FoTH
  2. Using Shield Glare and Provoke smartly to keep them in place almost not hitting me
  3. Throing all of my lightning dmg onto the collected mob crowd in COE lightning phase
  4. Starting again with 1.

So it’s a different way to use the new FotH set.

What do you think? :slight_smile:

I think it took me a solid minute to figure out what you were trying to say when you said “crusi” since there is no “i” in “Crusader”.

Sorry for this common German term :stuck_out_tongue:
Fixed and more description of the gameplay added.