[S19] Best build for DUO GR push?

Hello everybody,

After a break of a few years, I play again at D3 for this season. I started playing with my wife and together what we love most is to go as far as possible in the GR levels in DUO.

There is enough guide on the net for us to find a build that suits our style of solo play, but very little information about the 2-player game.

I would like to know where I could find up-to-date guides for the 2-player game ?

We started with Wizards and Barbarians (and a support monk) but we have a record of only at 104 and I would like to find some advice on synergies on potential builds.

Thanks for your help :wink:

Usually, builds are categorized as Solo, Group or Combo (Solo or Group). I guess “2-player” would fall under “Group”.

The 2 most popular build sites are:
  1. Icy Veins
  2. DiabloFans

Another site players use is:

Good luck and good hunting to you and your wife!  

1 Like

Thank you for your advice. I have already read Icy Vein guide and it is very useful for solo play. Group builds are generally optimized for group of 4, but for sure you can reuse partially the setup for duo. The hard part is the lack of info for duo composition, for instance Barb / Barb , Monk/Barb, Barb / Sorcerer, …

For a good 2P group, you should find a couple builds that complement each other. One big factor is movement speed.

A good 2P using two DH’s is an N6/M4 Hybrid and a UE. They are both trash killers that move through the map at the same speed. The Hybrid procs all the DH pets so the UE and use Marked For Death. This season they make a pretty powerful duo as they take good advantage of the S18 boost.

Not so good a duo is Hybrid or UE and S6. Unless the Shadow is used to running with the slower DH’s, it will get too far ahead and miss out on the buffs the other builds offer.

The WW Barb with a Hybrid DH is working well this season also. A quick peek at the 2P leaderboards will give you some idea of what is working. Take a look at the lower levels for more general ideas.

2 Likes

I believe your meant S19.  

If I look at the leaderboard, I just can see some DUO as Barb/Crusader or Monk/Crusader and few Barb/Barb and all of these characters are higher in stuff and paragon than mine, so particular build doesn’t work well for us.

In fact I would like to have info as detailed as they are for Solo guide. I guess there’s less demand for these things.
Currently the best DUO we found is a double solo rend barbarians and added some battlecry to boost each other(lvl 114).
I think I’ll end to stuff a Crusader “to conclude the debate” but I am always open to receive more advice from you with more choices than the leaderboard.

For the DH, I’ll take good note of it and see if I can stuff one quickly.

Thank you :slight_smile:

I found 2 reddit threads about complementary duo builds, but they’re outdated. One is from 2 years ago and the other is 5 years old. Maybe they’ll give you some ideas though.

1. Best 2-player class combo?
  2. Best 2 player combo?

Yeah, I dislike recommending looking at the leaderboards. As I main DH I didn’t have much to offer with other classes.