S18 Patch Notes

We get a little showing of love there.

Mortick’s Brace

• New Legendary Item: Wrath of the Berserker gains the effect of every rune.
  • Developer’s Note: If you played during the Patch 2.2.0 PTR, you’ll recognize this as an item that was later removed from the game before it went to live servers. At the time, Mortick’s Brace gave too much power for a single item slot. However, the power curve of Diablo III has changed significantly since then and we’re comfortable with bringing it back.
  • Developer’s Note: We’re not done with Barbarians, either. However, this is a change that required less testing and could be easily added to 2.6.6, so rather than waiting for a larger batch of changes, we saw no reason to hold this one back.

Keep the faith Barbs!

2 Likes

Yes indeed:

And let us never forget:

The myth of Mortick’s, courtesy of Rage and I:

Mortick’s Reintroduced

https://maotme-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/diablo-3-leveling-guide-awesome-d3-barbarian-fresh-level-70-guide-season-13-2-6-1-of-diablo-3-leveling-guide.jpg

OH BOY, ARREAT’S WAIL, GR 140 HERE I COME!!!

Item is trash, just like the state of Barb

1 Like

Mortik added one single Grift (109-110) for my HOTA barb because the extra sustain and easier 50% damage reduction let me swap out a defensive passive and defensive skill to DPS ones instead. Not enough at all.

Do you know how embarrassing it is to join a pub, with decentish IK HotA gear, then get carried hard by a DH or Wizard. It’s so bad that it feels like I’m not contributing at all.

This item does nothing to address anything we have a problem with. This item isn’t even a good placebo.

My post isn’t pointing to Mortick’s itself. I know it doesn’t help us in the end. Its the second Developer’s Note that I am referring to. Sorry if I didn’t make that clear in my OP.

Nah, I read you loud and clear. Just posting some light humor, that’s all.

I think the developer comment is actually a good sign and somewhat reassuring.

S18 is a pass for me it looks like if I can get my stash tab this weekend like I had hoped. Then I’m going to be MIA for a few weeks I guess with the start of the new semester.

But I’ll probably try to push a couple of NS builds. Definitely wanna get my LoD gem to 99. Ugh. That’s gonna be annoyingly tedious tbh. Not looking forward to that each season.

This becomes less and less believable each and every time we hear it and it doesn’t happen.

1 Like

Hey, for leveling gems, we can team up NS and crush some 100s EZ

1 Like

I may be online with my slam build from next week onwards. Mortics useless anyway but want to level up the new gem.

Sounds good. Hoping to finish construction of new computer in a week or two and will hit you once I’m back online.

In fact, my Impale DH, crappy as it is, can 2-player GRs 105+.