S18 Alternative for those that dislike Starpact

Here: `https://ptr.d3planner.com/219669775

Is a LoD Reverse Archon Arcane Orbit build that utilizes the new Squirts and Flavor of Time with 99-99.7% DR and should have both Galvanizing and Dominance up quite often to maintain the damage buff.

At the high end should still get a Quadrillion + damage out of it, especially if you get lucky with damage circles.

I’m thinking about giving this a go after Chants/Vyr/Aughild grinding. That or I’ll roll a necro and do LoD Singularity with the new stone gauntlets.

1 Like

Lost me here. Reverse Archon is a cancer that needs to be cut out. Such un-fun, unintuitive gameplay should be fixed. And it would be a large step to balancing the classes, with that 7X multiplier or whatever.

1 Like

You’re absolutely correct, however this is way less cancerous than Starpact.

I can’t find the logic in this build.
How do you go closed range to hit with Explosive Blast (Orb of Infinite Deep), then gone away 40+ yards (Power Hungry and Zei’s Stone) with no mobility skills, but also taking no damage (Squirt’s Necklace).
That build has no sustainable crowd control to use Bane of Trapped from range.

The Swami is set to 92 stacks, so are you going to spend 28 seconds dealing no damage just to build archon stack, wicth has only 49% uptime…

Edit: Archon form also last only 20 seconds, so plactically you can’t build beyong 80 stacks…

If given a choice between starpact or archon (to play) I’d choose starpact.

1 Like

I always liked Archon. Reminds me of perma-archon in the keeps of days past. The set certainly is the most fluid of Wizards sets. It’s too bad about having to pass “1” every 2/3rds a second, though. That’s just bad design.

1 Like

Oh is it set to 92 stacks? Nah average is 80 like you said, it’s counting group kills mainly of course, I’ll change that then. It’s quite common to keep EB stacks up yet still deal effective 30+ yard damage, the grouping isn’t perfect ever…there are always strays, especially in speeds. This is more for high GR speeds or semi speed tbh, it’s not meant to entirely replace Starpact as obviously that would do more damage.

Blackhole is enough to trigger BoTT. Being in range would be enough to keep Squirts up.

Ven. I whole heartedly disagree. Reverse Archon is great. There is so much more variety and diversity in reverse archon than standard Archon. I know Archon is suppose to be our ultimate ability.

I would not call StarPact cancerous but I’m not a big fan of it. Some might even go as far as to claim that the presence of it’s current implementation is why we don’t have meaningful buffs to other Wiz skills/runes.

[quote=“BossDogg-1898, post:8, topic:1723, full:true”]

Ven. I whole heartedly disagree. Reverse Archon is great. There is so much more variety and diversity in reverse archon than standard Archon. [/quote]

well, yes, because it tacks on a ridiculous damage modifier to all your skills. But honestly, is that good design? to have every build have to use it, plus the two or three items that accompany it, plus the half second timing that it requires?

I think cancerous is pretty accurate. But some people enjoy being the best class, and I get that. But the designer, puritan, and gamer in me all cry out in despair.

I see reverse archon as a cheap band-aid fix for the glaring weaknesses of Wiz skills/runes. It is the result of purposeful lazy design and balancing. Push nearly all of the power into sets, spread a bit of power into a handful of non-set items, and leave only a few semi-powerful skills/runes. This means nearly all of the changes and balancing are done in sets, a narrow sliver of non-set items, and only a few skill/runes will ever be cherry picked to be useful. However, useful is only temporary and elevation to being semi-powerful is mostly through items/sets.

Let’s say the devs alter Swami to extend only the defensive bonus of archon stacks thus severing reverse archon limbs. Let’s also consider the devs altering the mechanics of the Archon skill (application of bonuses of the archon state), mechanics of Deathwish sword and Etched Sigil, thus cleaving off Bazooka Wiz. What do we have left?

• DMO/FO
  • Tal’s/FO
  • Tal’s Meteor Shower
  • Tal’s EB Builds (for non-high GR farming)
  • Tal’s/ET variants ??
  • Firebirds ???
  • Standard Vyr’s Archon
  • Tal’s Standard Archon ??
  • DMO/ET variants ??
  • DMO/EB builds
  • BDF’s channeling farming build (AW + Sigil + cubed Deathwish + Ranslor’s)
  • a handful of middle tier builds for farming and bounties
  • a handful of LoD builds
  • plain old channeling builds (non-LoD)
    (* might have missed a few *)

GR150 teams have to change their strats. to accommodate the loss of Bazooka Wiz, which can be done.

Are we really going to kneel and pray for awesome positive sweeping changes (read: buffs) to skills/runes, a flood of buffed non-set items (ex: wands/orbs), positive tweaks to passives?.. all without sacrificing some other benefits in addition to the removal of reverse archon and Bazooka?

In a time where “becareful what you wish for” rings so loudly, I’m less inclined to wish for meaningful buffs. I’m much more inclined to keep my current set of toys, hope for some meaningful incremental change and pray for Blizzard’s competition. I don’t mean GGG incorporated and the current crop of competition. I mean the yet unborn org(s) that can bring polished, high quality, content that has depth, fun, breath, and they are resistant to being swallowed whole by their own avarice and hubris… AND they aren’t console/mobile/Windows only/Chinese market/Asia market focused.

1 Like

https://www.diablofans.com/builds/105057-tornado-ally
https://www.d3planner.com/924550730

This can potentially hit over 10 quadrillion. It can do so with multiple tornadoes. It can go higher if desired. Potentially adding mirror image. Not sure if it is a net gain though.

Changing out BotT for BotS will make even bigger hits potentially.

Still curious what the highest hit in the game is potentially. Edit: Seen bigger now.

Here’s an improved version:
https://www.diablofans.com/builds/105067-reverse-tornado-ally
https://www.d3planner.com/333206959

Hi guys, just found that here -
how do you play it?

Greets

Last I knew BP didn’t work that well in practice even on Twister, but then again that was WW not Raging which didn’t get co-efficient nerfed as much, so would be interested to give it a go again as see if something like that actually would work. Thanks for the share, let me know if you get that gear going to practice it, would be epic to have a great BP build on wiz in 2019!

I’m kind of curious if anyone wanted to try it. I have it basically on my non seasonal and I know how it plays out in general because I’ve was doing other version. it basically draws in very long range enemies from off screen and helps with defense. It’s basic weakness in general is you need enough DPS to kill within the immunity period for mosnters before they pummel you. But with that much DPS it might have a chance. Just a matter of how much paragon is needed. And it needs the cost down so you can infinifire or it gets annoying fast. One of it’s advantage is just sitting there firing and teleporting. Unfortunately you can’t infinite teleport like my earlier version.

I’m not sure if it’s worth getting rid of the potential bonus from spell steal for event horizons though.

Oh, I completely forgot this added back archon. Not sure on the new strat for that. I’d assume pick up stuff in archon and then kill. But I wonder what else can be done. I’ve never done a reverse archone before. Not familier with any tricks.

Another problem might be the range to get crit hits for mana return actually. If tornado doesn’t return mana on crit then you have to keep stuff in range. That means endlessly hitting off screen isn’t possible without reshuffling stuff. That would mitigate a little of the builds natural advantages. Although if the damage is high enough it might be ok.

I wonder if you can spam tornadoes and collect kills by quickly going into archon?

Edit: Build RT2 now has infinite fire of Disintegrate with minimal loss of damage.