S17 Goals and Acheivements

So how’d all you hunters do this season towards reaching your goals?

Me? I got the stash and the wings and just need to grind to 1106 to hit my last goal of ending season to get to 1900 NS para.

Didn’t get as much time as I’d have like in S17 and might shift focus to NS since I have the tabs and the Triune thing doesn’t excite me nor does the LoD gem TBH.

Definitely looking forward to the Cruchy UE coming though!

I’m on the last chapter for Guardian. Need to finish it up soon. :slight_smile:

I stopped playing after around 1200ish paragon as a LoN monk this season. I was able to get rank 2 on the solo monk leaderboard roughly a week after the season started and kept a top 50 rank for about the first month but now I’m rank 110 (with the clear from mid June lol).

The game just doesn’t feel rewarding enough to compete on a leaderboard full of no-lifers and/or bots and their paragon 4000+ characters. I think challenge rifts, while frustrating on some weeks, are actually the most fair competition we actually have.

Next season I’ll likely go back go DH to have some fun with Captain Crunch UE Multishot! The season buff also seems to benefit mobile ranged builds more anyways.

I’m guessing you still need the 3rd conquest? I soloed Sprinter in about 50-55 minutes with Monk. Else you need to level up another character for a different conquest!

2 Likes

While I totally agree on the competition and botters … I personally don’t care about the LBs…I have a family and if lucky I get an hour or so every few days to jump on (ask Var how many times he jumps into my game and we run for like 3 rifts before I gotta bail LOL). For me I just like killing demons and such. This is the only game I play (aside from an occasional NHL15 session with my daughter on PS3) but I’m old and don’t have the time or manual dexterity to worry about whether I can push GRs or make the LB.

I never played seasons but needed the extra stash so started doing them - but I crap out about 1100 or so. It’s kind of a bummer to see 1100 season para only translate to about 100 NS levels…seems like a major grind so I feel for the guys at 2k/3k+ NS…

S18 I’ll probably play anyway at least through Guardian as I continue to hunt for useful UE primals…

1 Like

I posted something similar to this in general discussion but I’ll go ahead and re-post.

I started with a DH to get through the season journey but I wanted to mess around with LoN but something about LoN Rapid Fire turns me off, so I haven’t tried it.

Instead, I created a softcore Necromancer and found a build Fluffy said was good for T16 but recommended not taking it into grifts. I decided to give that a shot and modified it a little was able to take his LoN Bloodnova build into the mid 90’s in GRifts. Then I decided to try to do the same with a hardcore necromancer and got it through GRift 80. While in the process of running 80’s for augments, that character died.

So then I decided to go to the Europe Server and started a hardcore Necromancer. The vital Scythe of the Cycle wouldn’t drop for me so I used a Corroded Fang and beat a 70 and called that good enough. Finished as much of the journey I could with that and made a Softcore DH to finish up.

Then I just used the Necromancer to complete 100% Hardcore Achievements on that server. Since then, I haven’t done much with it though.

All that said, it was a pretty good season.

LOL - I think a lot of DH stay away from the toxicity of General…I dip a toe in now and then but only if I’m running hybrid so the poison clouds don’t one shot me.

2 Likes

That’s usually where I hang out, trying to help new posters or what not, but it can be pretty toxic. Or more accurately it used to be.

Since the new format started, moderation is higher and the system is pretty sensitive. There isn’t nearly as much toxicity on General as the old forums but that’s not saying there’s none.

Edit:

Also, I like the DH boards but I became a lurker a few years ago when S2/M2 FoK became a build. A thread was made and it appeared to me that folks were discussing how to exploit a bug. Because of that misconception, I reported the thread, and it was taken down for a short time while it was reviewed.

I could have just let that be but folks were trying to find out who reported it. Because I didn’t want someone falsely blamed, I admitted it was me. Caught quite a bit of heat for that and so pretty much refrained from posting and just read.

I want to say that none of the criticism was over the top and most was earned because of my ignorance. Just had to add that.

1 Like

Yep, I’m planning on lvling up a second class for the last conquest.

I’ve done Sprinter in previous seasons, so if anyone wants to run it with me, I’m game.

I did Blessed Shield Crusader this season, but also built several zDPS characters which was a good learning experience. I’m wrapping up Guardian for my last zAccount tonight – I hope –

Immediately after we get the final patch notes, i’m going to get a head start on destroying items in my stash so that I can merge the gear that matters.

I look forward to playing with Non-Season friends again after S17 closes.

2 Likes

Going in to the season my goal was to simply get the wings and get back to NS. I stayed in the season longer than planned, was having a lot of fun with clannies.

Heh… I started the seasonal clean out last weekend. Went back tonight to level up some gems and… my Compass Rose is gone :slight_smile: At least I still have UE gear lol

Completed guardian to get 1 more stash tab to max out space again and the galactic wings. Still haven’t come accross the darn cosmic wings from rainbow goblin world.

2 Likes

I have one more to do, but it’s a UE set dungeon and I can’t nail it

From my experience, there’s a bit of RNG with that set dungeon.

Some things that helped me complete it were, stopped using Arsenal and switched to Full Broadside. Dismiss companion and Follower. Having Illusionary Boots can be a huge help. Vengeance is a bad idea because vaults can kill the spiders before you get them gathered up.

Beyond that it’s just gathering the necessary number of mobs and then blasting them.

Still knowing all that, it took me a few tries to get the right mob placement on the map. That’s where the RNG can mess you up.

So far I am at paragon 1760, which should get me close to 2800 in non-seasonal. I reached my goal of GR135 in a group of 4. Solo I did 115 with my DH impale, 111 with my Wiz Vyr, and 110 with my Crus Captain America. I got the Galactic wings of course, which are cool but I still prefer my Cosmic wings, especially with the wiz in Archon :slight_smile:

Have you looked at the IcyVeins set dungeon guide? It has some good info.

I find the Natalya set dungeon much easier to master, that’s the one I usually do

I got 139 in 4p, 135 in 3p, 130 in 2p and 118 solo DH and got my 2000 Paragon goal without doing any rat runs. I don’t really intend doing much higher since my main goal for season was to be at least on a single leaderboard by the end of season. Came pretty close to 140 in 3 and 135 in 2 but I’m not a huge fan of pushing RNG so I’m happy with my achievements… just looking forward to next season start when people come back to play because the player base after the first month dropped significantly…

1 Like

For me the M6 dungeon is a cakewalk…pop sentries…kill all the things…keep an eye on the minimap for the rockworm spawns…profit.

1 Like

For me, I always do the Shadow Set Dungeon. I used to do Marauder every time and it is pretty simple. But once I mastered the Shadow Set Dungeon, I found it really fun.

I go about it a bit unorthodox though. Most videos say use Chemical Burn for your rune. I have trouble completing the dungeon in time by killing the mobs one at a time. So I use Ricochet.

I find that the splits from ricochet breaks shields, which I like but sometimes on a second hit, the splits will kill more than the creature you hit with the impale. That works for me though.

I’ve found that there’s just enough mobs in the dungeon that even if you kill three mobs with one impale quite a few times, by close to the end, maybe with less than five mobs left, you’ll complete your last chain. That said though, if you miss even once unless it’s right after completing a chain, it’s best to restart the dungeon.

At any rate, I usually master it within 3 attempts if not on the first one.

I’m aware that that’s not the best advice for everyone, but it works for me.