Rubberbanding/netcode hasn't changed

I’ve only died to rubberbanding. this is the same rubberbanding that happened when I was a teenager. this is the reason why I avoided hardcore – because it was hard coded into the game that you wouldn’t survive walking through monsters or running from them. if this rubberbanding feature is going to appear in the final product – which I’m POSITIVE it will because it’s the same thing from 20 years old – then I want a refund right now.

18 Likes

Pretty sure you should just get your refund… They would have to make an entire new game to fix this. There are limits to what you can do to 21+ years old code.

Yes, lots of rubberbanding in group play.

2 Likes

I also died to rubberbanding. Why is the game going on bnet 2.0 if it’s still running off the same network code? can’t they increase to send more packets or increase packet size or make the game use more network speed. There must be an easy solution.

1 Like

I’m getting a lot of desync/rubberbanding too.

1 Like

Lots of desynch and rubber banding too. East Coast US. Probably connecting to the LA California data center.

No deaths. Instead I get disconnected and when I get back in I am super low on health? What?

Not sure on the netcode. My D2 ran better than this. I did not have this kind of rubber banding on the old netcode.

Makes me thing something else is up, I just don’t know what.

11 Likes

I’ve had sporadic rubberbanding. I wasn’t sure if it was a server issue or just latency spikes on my end.

I have also had fairly high latency whenever I type /fps and look at it. The first day it was always at least 180 and spiking up to 300 frequently. I wasn’t on it much today and didn’t really look much, but checking just now it’s fluctuating between 140 and 200ish.

I live in the middle of nowhere and have garbage internet so I thought it might just be that, but when playing a game like Overwatch it’s usually around 90 and spikes to low 100s (I die around corners a lot in that game but I only play arcade occasionally so I just ignore it :man_shrugging:). Maybe OW just reports one-way and D2:R reports RTT which would explain why the ping it shows in D2:R is double? Although, if I do a speed test I usually get 40-45ping so I always thought OW’s latency thing was showing RTT.

The only disconnects I recall having are when my internet actually went out a couple times and I always had a couple crashes and game freezes.

Maybe they’re trying to re-create an authentic experience since I used to play original D2 on dial up. I even tried playing it on satellite internet with hundreds of ms to 1k+ ping briefly many years ago. Wasn’t ideal.

This is stupid. This was arround in 1998 and it wil be aroudn now,. stop being stupuid. pendejo

1 Like

except its a remaster and its 2021?

You people… IT’S REMASTER 2021!!! totally ignoring that it is the same game from 21 years ago with a few QoL added and a layer of beautiful graphics… Please for the love of God get into your skulls that the core game did NOT! get changed… Please please please please try to get it? i am seriously going a bit more insane every time i see someone writing IT’S REMASTER 2021!!!

YES WE KNOW THAT SHERLOCK AND THERE’S NO REASON THE REMASTER SHOULD GIVE ME 120 PING AND RUBBBERBANDING/DESYNC WHEN THE OLD GAME DIDNT AND I HAD 30 PING. DO U UNDERSTAND ?

4 Likes

Wow, just relax.

No need to get upset about where Blizz is on getting D2R ready for sale in a month.

It will have issues on 9/23 that is for sure.

But blizz will work on fixing them.

No worries here!

1 Like

i am on west coast and get rubber banding in solo and especially in MP games. i mean it happens in vanilla but not nearly this much. i can’t imagine playing HC with this going on, i get killed by it all the time. it’s not really an issue in vanilla but in this beta it’s kinda awful.

1 Like

Your not the only one. I’ve tried D3 and no Rubber band issues. I get Massive lag spikes up to 3k. I’ve tried just about everything Direct E-connect VPN etc etc. I most definitely think it’s a problem on their end.

1 Like

Please get refund if you can. I was dumb to support them too early, they couldn’t process a refund for me. We shouldn’t be experiencing 2000s internet on 2021. So much talk about QoL.

1 Like

My only hope is that it’s due to server stress by the beta test.

This is supposed to be a stress test right?

But I’m worried too. Rubber-banding in 2021 should not be happening.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, the server part of this remaster is almost the same and hasn’t been updated, so every lag and rubber banding is still there, which is quite terrible in a modern game. This technology is 20 years old!

I believe that most of the work is only client-side with new graphics, UI, controller support, console version, and a lot of great things here, but the server part is left untouched, except for the few changes needed to manage the larger and shared storage.

After this WE of beta testing, it appears quite obvious that the servers are almost the same as before, even if they are supposedly adapted to the modern battle.net. This may explain why many of the changes that are being asked by players like personal loot is not possible in the current infrastructure, because that would require to change how the servers work and dispatch the loot…

2 Likes

Diablo II: Resurrected have more rubberbanding than the original Diablo II.
This is something I disliked about Diablo II.
Hope they fix this in full release!

What I mean is:

When I’m surrounded and run away. I end up back in the same place I ran from and die.
It’s like you ‘lag back from where you ran from’

3 Likes

It is my biggest issue with the game, and the reason i’m considering refunding it right now.

It seems the high latency affects everything you do, to the point playing the game becomes exhausting. Your character moves more clunky, everything he does has delay which feels like hitting the air constantly, then the enemies die instantly.

It feels honestly terrible, which is the most important aspect of a game, how it plays, how it feels. The game looks and sound wonderful, but this lack of responsiveness makes the game feel like a chore to play.

I have around 30 to 40 ping in most games with servers located in Amsterdam while i’m living in Spain, D2R never goes below 120ms.

3 Likes

How do we go about requesting a refund due to this. I bought the game expecting zero desync issues. I have ZERO interest in continue playing if they plan to purposefully keep desync in the game.