Rookie Multishot Build Question

Hi folks,

So it’s my first Demon Hunter play and I’ve built my character to Paragon 850, solid-looking Yang and all ancients with level 80’ Caldessan’s Despair augments. I’m hitting a major wall now at Greater Rift 90+. Each level above feels noticeably more tricky to clear.

Is this close to what this build can do?
How many more levels can I expect from casually building up Paragons and hopefully landing some improved gear from reforging and farming?

I do like playing this ‘made of glass’ character, but if I wanted punishment I’d go back to Dark Souls :smiley:

Thanks.

2 Likes

With no access to profiles (again) it’s hard to give much feedback atm since we don’t know what your gear actually looks like or what supporting legendaries you have…(like are you using CC3 and Squirt’s?)

A little patience and you should soon be able get to GR 100+ as you gain paragons.

1 Like

D3plannar can still import profile. OP’s tag is Zlen#21276 in EU.

@OP,
You should use Emerald, not Ruby, on Yang.

UE6+CC3 is very tough even at GR100.

It is possible to beat GR100 without any ancient and augmentation, and sub-700 paragon.

Try swapping Sticken to Molten Wildebeest’s Glizzard so that Squirt will be up most of the time.

Use Diamond on chest armor and pants for more resistance.

Swap Emerald on helm to either Diamond (CDR = damage) or Topaz (RCR = toughness).

Replace passive Awareness with Single Out for more damage.

Replace Sentry with Preparation(Invigoration) for more discipline (=damage).

Reroll VIT on Clarity to +%Fire damage

I don’t use F&R rings. I use CoE and SoJ instead. But just my favior. My build:
https://www.d3planner.com/313146181

2 Likes

Nice, thanks for the breakdown.
Loads to get stuck into.

ah at least they fixed that somewhat (was having issues importing last week)…

Yes - Gizzard over Stricken (IMO stricken is best at high GR but you need the Gizzard to keep the Squirt’s buff going and not get one-shot)

you need a new DML - socket is never really useful on quiver. ideally you want 12disc, 17-20 ASI, MS, CDR, CC and a high leg bonus

new rings with double crit will help

Maskraider’s suggestions are right on point.

Thanks both.
I can crack on now implementing these suggestions.

They gave you pretty decend feedback. I am curious of the results could you let us know

Yes, amazing feedback and it delivered instant results.
After sorting the obvious bits I went from 1.6m damage to 2.1m, doubled toughness and probably tripled recovery. Also I managed to forge a better Yang - which helped. Now I’ll work on better quiver and rings - along with pumping Paragon.

In practice, I cleared GR95 without any issues, steady medium pace. This was my top, top, threshold previously where I would barely make it in time. I’m yet to try out and test how far this can go, but it feels like I’ll break 100 for the first time.

Will post updates as I go.
Thanks all for helping out.

4 Likes

Just looked at your new profile.

• your new Yang missing 12 disciplines which is a great lost of damage.
  • Archery isn’t a good passive, just 8% inc dmg. But, Steady Aim has 20%, Single Out greatly inc. damage against guardians because many guardians have no minions around them.

Just to note, as Maskraider said, your Yang’s should have discipline on it. 12 is best but if you find one with 10 or 11 on it, it’ll be good enough until you get one with 12. Even 9 discipline isn’t bad when compared with one with 0.

Since you’re gearing up, just wanted to get that out there.

And even if a bow looks worse, as in a lot of red in the tool tip and little green, the bow with Discipline on it will always be better.

1 Like

Nice, thanks.
Switched the passive, now I need to farm for forging a better Yang. Will use the old one in the meantime.

This is so true - and it looks like you nailed one with 12 (rolled) and 192 which will be nice.

I’d roll the added damage on your focus to 50% CHD - will give you a little boost overall.

Also do some bounties or Challenge Rift and re-craft your CC belt/boots (or try belt/pants)…no vit on either is a hindrance. I go for dex/vit/allres - a dead DH deals zero damage :slight_smile:

Also, make sure you are only slotting 26 points into Movespeed to get the 13% you need with your boots at 12%. put the extra into dex or even vit.

1 Like

One more thing.
How do you split paragon points afterlvl 800 between vitality and dex? I’ve been throwing everything in dex, but will probably need some kind of a plan.

I usually put everything in dex (as it gives both damage and armor), unless I am really low in life

Makes sense.
Just roll on with dex until I feel too fragile for comfort. Thanks.

Next up, farming a lot of materials and hopefully getting a primal Yang.

CC3 gives you many damage reduction.
The shield of Gizzard is like an extension of your health.
So, put the points to Dex as other said.
If you get one-shot often, invest more on damage reduction first. For example, replace emeralds on chest and pants to diamonds. That also make your shield more “effective”.

I dump all into Dex - like Maskraider said, get more DR (look for max All Res rolls on gear for starters). Don’t know a lot of DH that put points into Vit, we just squishy.

I’ll put some points into Vit to get to a certain Max HP (Personally target 750K ish) and the rest will go into Dex for Paragon Points. Like Others have said CC gives you a good amount of DR due to the RCR value of Yang’s. You’ll also want +12 Disc on your UE Chest and Dead Man’s Legacy if you don’t have it already.

Ideally you would want something like this.
d3planner 211336497
I added 62 points on Vit on paragon so you can have 750k HP. If you wanna use pain enhancer as 3rd gem I suggest rolling bleed on your templars weapon as it helps proc the gem. Or you can use Striken or power. I would not want to use molten myself because it drops my damage.(personal preference) Since the build is using CC another option for gem is Gogok. As you know more cdr is more damage as set states.

Cleared 100.
Wasn’t the smoothest, but got it done.
I’ll now bump my CDespair gems to about 90 and see how far that takes me.

GR 90 are piss easy now, so significant improvement there.

1 Like