Rod Fergusson just confirmed no chat or lobbies for console

MissCheetah makes it her job to quiet down the dissent and sugar coat everything. We want change!!! We want chat, lobbies, and Keyboard & mouse support for consoles! No exceptions

2 Likes

Was easy to me but took me 1 hour to talk with agent lol

There is no sugar here. You won’t get lobby or K+M on console release. Fact. Hard fact. No amount of yelling will change that.

IF you get it, it will be after release. Make your purchase decisions based on those facts.

That is quite the opposite of sugar. It is what you don’t want to hear.

1 Like

And what about cross progression ? I hope it not implemented, progress can’t be shared between clients that have very large gap in possibilities.

MissCheetah-1661 IF EVERY console PLAYER was to REFUND their copy of D2R for console right now. Things would change REAL QUICK

Cross progression will be implemented. That is already a feature in the game on Console and PC.

Cross play between platforms on the other hand is not.

Also, any regional locks on playing with friends on the same platform were beta only. Those will not persist for release. So Americas PS players can play with friends in EU for example.

2 Likes

Not in the amount of time between now and launch it won’t. Especially for consoles. Remember, for console patches at least a week of lead time is required for vetting and getting clearance to push it to the XBL or PSN CDN. No getting past that. Now, for full game releases, the lead time is even greater. Depending on whether you’re a big company or an indie developer, lead time is typically two weeks minimum up to a full month. Assume ~2 weeks here.

That’s September 23 minus 14 days, or a release build dated no later than September 9th. Do you honestly think they’re going to get anywhere near done with any feature not originally planned for launch in that short a window?

I’ll give you a hint: No.

So if everyone refunded, it wouldn’t change a thing other than potentially pushing the launch date for console back, potentially by a couple of months. And given that cross-progress (switching between console to console and/or console to/from PC) is a major selling point, delaying console launch dates is a Very Big Thing™ and is something they intend to avoid at all costs.

2 Likes

UMM BLIZZARD SHOULD HAVE BEEN ADDING LOBBIES TO CONSOLES ON DAY 1 WHEN THEY STARTED THIS PROJECT NOT MY FAULT IF THEY DONT HAVE MUCH TIME LEFT now. LOOKS LIKE THEY ARE GOING TO NEED TO DEVOTE SOME TIME TO THESE NESSECARY CHANGES

ADD THE LOBBIES!!!
ADD CHAT!!!
ADD Keyboard & Mouse!!!

Don’t leave behind the consoles players. WE deserve a great game too

Already know the lobbies missing is absolutely disgusting made my opinions on that quite clear.

One more question. Have they been stupid enough to add insult to injury and make ladders cross between PC and consoles so that PC players have a major advantage with grouping and trading so can progress quicker, or will we on console get our own ladder so at least we playing on a fair playing field?

Please don’t tell me they made this second mess up too, no company can be that bad?

No worries bro, you can wait first. There are no harm waiting to be frank.

I dont plan to cancel order cause i know what i am paying for and i am sure i will be having a good time with whatever feature it has now as per beta experience.

1 Like

Just so you’re informed, if you continually post all caps posts, a moderator that scans this thread may decide you’re not adding anything useful to the discussion and nuke your posts. Lay off the caps lock. “Yelling” gets you nowhere and makes you look extremely childish. When used properly it can make for very visible emphasis. When it’s all you use, you look like a fool.

Do you agree with me that it’s pretty childish release D2R for consoles with no lobbies, chat, and keyboard & mouse?

I mean does it really take a rocket scientist to understand these features are essential to gameplay?

Yes, ladders cross between all platforms and regions. It is a Global ladder. Cross progress is a feature that lets you play on any platform with the same character.

Is it a poor business decision? Yes. Is it “childish”, no. I am not sure how software development and game features, or lack of, could be childish in any way.

Childish is pulling a tantrum when not getting your way, or on the good side, having the glee of experiencing things for the first time.

1 Like

Being honest I will still buy this after word of console lobbies and a way to communicate.

I can understand the lobby situation some what…
But a way to communicate missing from a game… it’s 2021… what in the world… how is this even missing … my mind is blown… … … … … … … … … … … … … blown!

Same to me no more free money

2 Likes

Ball dropped and it probably won’t bounce back😓

1 Like

Right right Blizzard is the greatest company on earth. They have made very successful great games like Warcraft 3 Reforged. How dare I question Blizzard failing to add LOBBIES, CHAT AND KEYBOARD AND MOUSE TO D2R FOR CONSOLES

3 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply.

So not only do consoles not get lobbies we have to compete on ladders against players who do have lobbies on PC, meaning we have less access to grouping and trading. Meaning we have no chance.

Another terrible decision :frowning:

3 Likes

This is unfortunate for sure. I also cancelled my PS5 pre-order. I’ll probably just pick it up during a sale at some point in time.

Tormented Souls, Maneater DLC and Fatal Frame : Maiden of Blackwater are all releasing soon so I’ll spend the money on them. Not to mention Grim Dawn is still slated for an XBOX release.

We’ll see what is in the forecast.

4 Likes

Nobody said you could not question it. However your question was answered. It won’t be in the Console game for Sept 23 release.

You don’t have to like that.

What you were told was no amount of yelling will change that.

3 Likes