Rod Fergusson Approves of Popular Change Requests

Let me guess, “fix of amazons character model” wasn’t an option in that survey?

No, they were too busy coming up with ways to create their own reimagined variant of the game; the opposite of what’s been advertised.

Why would they? thats a useless inclusion. If you think changing a character model is more important than something like skill balancing or stackable runes/gems you’re living in lala land. The grandmazon is here to stay, get over it.

1 Like

Good thing it won’t ship at launch, that would have been a mistake.

Of course it’s more important, as this is a graphic remaster of the original game and nothing more. When it’s lacking even in it’s primary objective it should be a top priority change, game mechanics are just fine without any changes.

This list strongly disagrees with your statement.

1 Like

Very active on bnet and semi-active on reddit. Never saw this poll.

Stackable gems/runes = Hazardous to the economy, should be SP only.
Additional item tooltips = Fine i guess, but one step closer to dumbing game down
Mercenary Balancing = Some improved AI pathfinding would be approved.
Ingame runeword encyclopedia = Fine, but VV said that information is easily accessible on the internet, which is why it isnt already added. But can see the need for it with console support.
Loot-Filter = Hazardous to multiplayer games. Settings can give players advantages. Should only be applied to SP. Also unnecessary in Diablo 2, loot doesn’t rain. Especially with gold auto-loot. Even less loot screen cluttering.
Minor spell balancing = Rather have them fix bugs with spells, which they already have begun to do from what i can understand. (Firewall, inferno etc)
More endgame = I could possibly be down for more events, if it doesn’t powercreep or make loot rain.

3 Likes

Fail to see how several insignificant qol improvements correspond with the game ruining trash mentioned by you in previous post.

1000%, extremely pointless feature

1 Like

theres almost 20, alot more than “several”, and they are pretty awesome QoL changes.

what game ruining trash would that be? :thinking:

stackable gems and runes will destroy the economy.
Skill rebalancing will destroy the established game, they were supposed to remaster.

1 Like

How would being able to simply stack some runes and gems destroy the economy?

how exactly would skill rebalancing destroy the game? Its something that only improves games. Lots of games need balancing, most of all D2. the vast majority of skills are completely useless, it definitely needs it.

Simple, gem drops are ignored by majority of players too lazy to bother with the space they occupy, remove that barrier and everybody picks up every gem they see and store them in their pretty stacks with no inconvenience. We get diablo 3.

Same with low runes, now that you just need 1 slot in your stash for every rune, all low runes usually ignored are now picked up.
Rendering both of those currencies commonly used in trades borderline worthless.

I somehow got the impression that remaster of diablo 2 would be a faithful remaster of a game we know, that’s what was promised in the announce at the very least, not the invention of a new bicycle.
While I’m not against some rebalancing along the line in future patches, the game should launch as close to original d2 as possible, mechanic-wise, or it will fail.

4 Likes

Actually, yes, these are very good points. I think I’m swayed to this opinion on the issue now. Not good to mess with the economy.

1 Like

Can’t wait for those changes

2 Likes

I’m so very glad that they said they are focused on launch for now.

“Awesome feedback! Focused on getting to launch right now but some good ideas here.”

I’m for all of these changes personally but I want my nostalgia hit before this all happens. The re-balance parts to worry me a little but there is a lot of room to improve on current balance.

There is no such game coming. Not that i am aware of.

As for the poll itself. Reddit polls tend to attract 90% of people that play mostly modded version of D2. Many of them have no idea how the original game looks like.

Adding this many game changing features would be an instant refund from me.

I am fully in for minor QoL or even additional skill balance in the future but ploot, stacking, loot filters has no place in D2.

They have different games for that.

Also naming the topic that he “approves” changes is a big mislead. He only commented them as “interesting”

3 Likes

I love how you take his positive spin on changes he won’t implement as a sign of upcoming change.

Big NOPE

1 Like

That is a VERY good list. Now i have some hope for D2RE.

Nice. I like all of those possible changes.

1 Like