RIP wiz tal builds

RIP :slight_smile: its been a good 6 years of op ness and needed in endgame :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I think we’re jumping the gun here a bit assuming that’s all the set changes they are going to make. The CM did say “all sets” was their goal and there is 2 phases. I’m not convinced 2 phases will be needed entirely on making sure only 2 sets are balanced. It’s not like those sets were created out of thin air like the other times, that certainly called for 2 weeks of testing (probably more).

We knew for 2 seasons now where Hydra should really be and the DMO change will take all of a few days to see if it’s inline.

I’m not giving up hope that they wont adjust the other set/builds.

what are you even talking about? The only sets usable right now are Vyrs and Typhon. Tals getting worse doesnt change that. did i time travel?

I hear ya!!!

With the etched sigil change you have essentially killed my favorite laid back and wine down after a hard days good work fun N run build. My Tal Rasha’s Molten Meteor(s) build spam.

I would cast Molten meteor causing fire damage into a molten meteor and into an etched sigil Molten meteor following my other 3 elements of ice arcane and lighting meteors. I will be saving my best Etched sigil from previous patch so i can play this build I will not be using the new one.

Please consider adding something to Tal Rasha’s Bindings to compensate this change and buff it’s damage please!

1 Like

I completely agree with you! The changes on Etched Sigil have completely nerfed that build. Why can’t they just make a new off hand for the wizard?

3 Likes

No, they should update TR source to a real Meteor item. Don’t care if that is different than other class sets. Just add an unextractable affix and a huge blue damage modifier on this item and we are good.

Which 1-hand, from the existing or under development in current ptr, in that case? We are good means “no other changes are needed to meteor build”.

FoD if they change it to all Spenders, which is what I want them to do. Should have said so. I don’t think we will ever see a 1H Meteor weapon. It would be different, if they allow 2H staves + sources for wizards… that would also be nice to have. That would open up things.

Tal Rasha would definitely need a touch up.
One change would to reduce the cool down of the meteor. 1, 2 or 4 seconds. Personally I think 1 second is what the testing should start. Edit: The set should also remove the delay of meteor.
@Lexa buffing meteor through the source is interesting or the total damage should be doubled for meteor.
A buff to all elemental damage could also be a welcome change.

All this is our take on it, we have no idea if the developers consider the recent changes to be enough.

Or just buff the set bonus back to 4500% again like it was last time. Was my fav build since d3 release but now its just a F tier build with no dmg to climb with.

I see no reason to acknowledge a tier that is so remote as an F grade. With such a position, it is too far from anything to draw attention, and one dead planet around a dying star, is not even a forge world.