Ring Damage vs AD%

Hi, just curious for higher gr push 137+, I have my first ring stat: damage/CHC/CHD/socket, while my 2nd ring ring is AD%/CHC/CHD/Socket (making it to 158% AD), my concern is if I ditch Damage for AD%, i’ll lose about 1m sheet dps, is it still advisable to go for AD%?

TLDR: 1m higher sheet dps or 20% AD more?

tyvm

Ideal setup end game is damage/CHC/AD/socket.

You need area damage. It’s the only way to clear trash that high.

I’m in the same boat, I need to find some better ancient rings soon because CHD is close to being overtaken by flat damage rolls. And I need more AD.

It depends on the weapon you use. Damage is less effective for 2h crossbows.

It would be more helpful if you let us know the percentage of damage you lose instead of 1m sheet damage.

is it really 1m sheet dps, that seems very high for one dmg roll

2 Likes

100k would be way more realistic. Id go with 20% AD but this also depens on your current situation.

If you clear trash super-fast and struggle with some lonely elite mobs: Keep the dmg-roll

If you have problems clearing trash fast enough: go with 20% AD

At what level GR does Area Damage start to matter?

I am doing 105 with less than 70% AD, so I am sure it is higher than 105. Just curious when I should really start to concentrate on AD?

when you need to start grouping mobs to kill them.

speeds where projectiles are killing everything, ad doesnt matter as much because its rarely proccing. in groups with some pull, you can see the power of ad, as the trash packs explode immediately

I’d respectfully disagree with AD on speeds. With the Zdh grouping with Bola, the AD is very useful. You just don’t need it to be crazy high. 100 is plenty. 1 of the two DPS proc AD, that will one shot the entire group most of the time. It’s especially useful if an elite is also in the pulled group.

you must not have read all of my post

1 Like