Rift guardian spawning greater distance from last kill in R/GR

I have not noticed this being reported for a few years, so it might just be me or my client somehow, so here goes. It does not occur every rift or greater rift, roughly 1 out of every 5. When the last mob is killed filling the meter to spawn the rift guardian, the RG spawns correctly time wise but will be at the complete opposite far end of the dungeon. In some cases this is part of the dungeon that has been unexplored and in other cases locations that have long since been cleared. In a single case this was on a separate floor of the rift.

I have only observed in this single player and duo player games. I have not had it occur when there were 3 - 4 player in the party yet. It, on the surface, does not seem to have any bearing on the class being played or the rift tile set. In all instances both players were at the same location when the RG spawned (ie: not split apart).

In one instance we were thinking maybe there was a mob with a DoT effect left behind causing the RG to spawn at the location of it’s demise, so we did a full scrub of all mobs up until the spawning of the RG (we were lucky it occurred during that test) and the RG spawned at a much greater distance away than normal ( ie: not just a room or two away).

Let me know what other information I can provide, or if I need to record a couple of sessions for visual confirmation etc.

Blizzard rarely, if ever, responds here. You post what you believe to be a game bug on a PC on the Live server. Blizzard’s QA Team reads it. If they can reproduce it, they will pass the information on to the developers and, hopefully, it will be fixed.

You should always provide screenshots and/or a video if you have them.

This is a frequent issue…has been since they introduced GRs I believe…