Rift Guardian causes the game to freeze

So, I started playing Season 22 right after it became available, I had no issues, solid 60 FPS, completed 2 maps (Objectives for 2 maps) in Adventure Mode including Azmodan and Butcher boss fights. I felt comfortable to do a Rift, everything went smoothly up until the Rift Guardian spawned which resulted in a freeze after a few seconds into the fight, the freeze passes when my character dies. But when I res the same thing happens.

The following is a video of the issue: Diablo III - Game becomes unplayable when Rift Guardian spawns (2020 11 20 21 43 28) - YouTube

On your video, the GPU temperature toggled between 50° and 500° when it freezed.
Would it be the problem?

I think it’s safe to assume that is just a reading error on NZXT’s part 570 degrees means the GPU has already melted.

To avoid melting the circuit may halt for cooling down, don’t you think?

Why would that happen only at the Rift guardian while I’m alive then?

No idea. Just curious about the high temperature. May be it is a clue. May be not.

But, I play far more demanding games, never happens in those. Also, I’m not trying to be dismissive I’m just trying to figure out how to pin-point the route cause. I haven’t played D3 in over a year (I think) but last time I played it was the same machine and config with the highest in-game settings.

There are many possible causes. Without any information, I could only refer you to this general troubleshooting support article:

Mind also that many players have regular frozen. Seems all on Win10 build 2004. If you are on the same OS build, you may want to follow the main thread:

Good point.
Hmm, there seems to be a lot of sound-related errors in my d3debug.txt as well, I’m on an AMD RX 480 and my windows build is 20H2 (1942.630).