Returning Xboxone Player - Confused

Hello, It has been a long time since I last played D3. I believe it was shortly after the RoS expansion came out. A group of my friends are interested in trying the game out so they are all downloading tonight. Problem is, I can not seem to download the game again without buying. It will let me download the necro pack I bought and never played but cant download the game again. Do I need to buy it again? All the expansions too? I am very confused. I do have the game on PC and Switch too but because everyone will be on Xbox this does not help me much.

Any tips would help. I am sure this is a user error issue rather than a blizzard deal.

Thanks!

Did you buy it on Xbox? If not you need to purchase it again.

I had originally bought the physical copy of D3 but the digital RoS expansion… I sold my physical copy cuz I was done for a while… When I went back to play this season I had to go buy the base game again from a used game store to be able to play… perhaps you’re in the same boat… I bought the physical copy because otherwise they were gonna charge me 60 bucks for the whole thing which was dumb cuz I already have RoS

Yeah I am beginning to think this is exactly what I did. I have RoS and the necro expansion but the base game is not showing in any of my Blizzard transactions or as an already purchased game (like RoS and Necro do now for me). Must have done physical copy. Lame but what ya going to do.

1 Like

Yep… and digital is always so damn expensive… I wanted to get Pillars of eternity and the xbox store wanted to charge me 60 bucks, I went to the local supermarket and got it for 20 bucks brand new. My recommendation is to find a game store near you that does used games to (Im in the metro Detroit area and went to disc replay) and pickup the base game… it cost me 15 bucks and since my RoS was digital, when I booted it up all my stuff was still there.