Returning player Questions

Hey. So took a year or so off from D3 on the PS4, came back and noticed that my wife’s LoD corpse lance/explosion build is doing a fair bit less damage than it used too. I reviewed her gear and text and don’t see any changes that stand out to me. My “tank” Necro is also having major problems with crowd control. Using the curse pull to gather mobs but they won’t stay put any more like they used too. So I’m guessing there have been some changes but I can’t find anything in patch notes that indicates things should have changed.
Note my tank build is also a corpse generator to support her DPS.
My questions are how do I fix the CC issues for myself and the DPS issues for her.
I don’t have gear links at this moment. I may be able to get a text build in later.

This season, one of the powers the Altar gives you is crowd control immunity. Also, fully unlocked you are looking at a 20+ gr boost.

Im guessing you are casual non season players now. All your problems can be fixed making seasonal necros.

You would be correct we don’t do seasonal stuff. We play maybe 3 hours a month now days. So starting from zero is not a great option for us. We spend most of our time on WoW (WotLK classic).
So non seasonal play has been nerfed in favor of seasonal play and not much we can do about it?

It would still take time to:

a) do more damage
b) get crowd control defense

Not really worth the investment if you only schedule 3 hours a month for it.

I think I over worded the first post.
What changed with necros damage output and tanking in the last year. Because the way it worked when stopped and the way it works more are not the same and I can’t seem to find the patch notes to explain.