Returning after long brake

so i have been gone a long while, since before seasons was even a thing. i came back a few weeks ago and starting playing again. i feel like i dont know what i am doing.

i created a necro since i used to play one on d2 but this necro is alot different. anyway i am almost 300 paragon points and i am playing torment 7 pretty easy.

i mean i can kill everything but it take like an hour to go through normal rift. but i do kill everything not just the guardian. i think if i only went for him it would take like 20 minutes or less

how do i get to toment 8+ ? am i just too weak? how many paragon points should i be before i can get higher up? i want to be able to solo a 70 gr so i can unlock primals but i dont see how i will ever be able to do that. at this rate it will take years

Might I suggest…

A quick look at your seasonal Necro…

It’s unsurprising you’re struggling, as he doesn’t have a full armour set (the 2, 4 and 6-piece bonuses give large damage / mitigation bonuses). The alternative to which is the Legacy of Dreams gem, which gives bonuses to damage / mitigation based on how many legendaries you have equipped, as long as you don’t have any set item bonuses.

There’s a section in the guide I linked which covers builds for “fresh 70s” and how to progress into full armour builds.

Oh, and in case you’re unaware, in-game, press Shift+J to look at the Season Journey. Completing Chapters II, III and IV will reward you with a Haedrig’s Gift. The first two gifts contain 2 pieces of a class-specific armour set (determined by the class that opens them), the third contains the remainder of the set (which can be 2 or 3 pieces, depending on whether the set has 6 or 7 pieces available). As soon as you get the 2 or 4 piece bonuses, that’ll be a major damage improvement. These gifts arrive in the in-game email system - you’ll see a little green envelope at the bottom left of screen for this.

3 Likes

thanks for the reply bud, i had several of the sets in my storage i just never wore them because like i think i was still playing a pet build with golems and skeles.

after reading a bit and looking at a couple vids i found this setup using the inarus set. im sure it can be tweaked further but i still need some items. its friggin soooo easy now. nothing hurts me and the enemies just fall at my feet.

2 Likes

Necro is a class where nearly all it’s viable high-tier builds are bursty - you’re waiting for Land of the Dead to come off cooldown. In the meantime, you run around collecting mobs and elites into one big group so you can nuke them.

It’s not an easy class to play at high torments, especially for new or returning players who find the style counter-intuitive, and quite honestly I don’t find necros very fun at all. It’s too bad - they were my favorite class in D2.

1 Like

jendryk,
If you have any questions, you can stop by my stream, I will answer them and help you improve. You can message me in Bnet and we can play together.