Resistance Versus Toughness?

I usually play Demon Hunter. I understand its defensive stats. But right now I’m playing the Season Wizard.

Right now my Toughness is 12.3 million. But my resistances don’t make sense. I have a base all resist of 1552, with bonuses for cold, lightning, and a high resistance to poison at 1857. With these kinds of resistances, why is my toughness so low?

Also, I should mention that it’s a brand-new Wizard at P126.

Now dead, I killed my Wiz and a high-level Demon Hunter taking them both into Ubers. The second Demon Hunter/Wizard combination I have killed trying to do that.

Here’s the new one:

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/StoneBold-1179/hero/117632492

1 point of STR = 1 Armour
1 point of DEX = 1 Armour
10 points of INT = 1 All Resist

As your Wizard will have almost no STR or DEX, they will have a naturally low armour value. Where your DH would want All Resist on armour pieces, your Wizard wants Armour.

If you keep your Arcane Power up, you could use Aquila Cuirass (instead of Frostburn) in the cube for extra toughness and survivability.

As a thought, you might consider wearing the Tal Rasha’s Grasp (gloves) and swap your belt and boots to Captain Crimson. It looks like you’re channeling Ray of Frost and Arcane Torrent to proc Meteor strikes and the Increased Attack Speed from Cain’s does not make Etched Sigil drop meteor’s any faster. Captain Crimson would (2pc) regenerate 6000 life per second, reduce your cooldowns by 20%, reduce your resource costs by 20% and (3pc) increase your damage output by your CDR percentage and decrease your damage taken by your resource cost reduction.

That is stopgap until you get your Grand Vizier, Nilfur’s Boast, Mantle of Channeling, and I assume Ashnagarr’s Blood Bracer in place.

Yes, well, it looks like this account is bugged.

On a couple of accounts I’ve gotten the Crimson plans almost immediately, on one it took to about P650 to get them, and on this one I have run single, two-man, and three man Bounties from T6 to T13, and those plans refuse to drop.

In any case, now I’m rebuilding the character after killing it, and I am a six-account-strong Demon Hunter player, so I don’t know if this Wizard thing is going to work out for me, though it used to be my second favorite class back in the day.