Request for New Feature

Didn’t Starcraft had replays too?

This.

You would access and watch it in-game, it wouldn’t be a public video as some are thinking.

2 Likes

Not that are shared by default. There’s a world of difference between making the choice of sharing a replay publicly and having it shared by default.

What private data do you think would be logged for the replay?
We already have publicly the account, time and build of thousands of players. You would only add the game input (not private) and seed that generated the GR (also not private).

2 Likes

I’m not sure, but I do know I can’t access quite a lot of US sites due to to EU privacy laws.

1989 called…

:wink:

Allow me to periodically pause the game for 6 hours while I clear this GR150. Enjoy watching that you copy cats.

As long as personal info is not broadcast, permission is not required in the US when you’re in public, IRL or virtual.

You’re not in public on a private corporation’s game server.

Especially if you have to pay for the privilege to access it. Though that is not the only criteria.

So challenge rifts every week are all of the sudden illegal, required consent??? Radical much?

Incorporating GR playback for top10 clears would be awesome in a variety of ways.
It would show the devs just how bad the current botting situation has become AND the D3 community what jeopardizing your account looks like. Or it could display what a skilled player can accomplish!

Overwatch has a reporting feature while watching playback of suspicious gameplay which D3 could greatly benefit from.

Exploits exposed immediately

The challenge rift doesn’t reveal whose GR run it was so it’s anonymised but if you were able to view someone’s GR run from the top 10 of the leaderboard you would already know whose run it was.

Some people even streamed the exploit on twitch, and guess what nothing happened to those accounts. Adding this feature doesnt add anything against cheating.

What, how would that show that vs just looking through the leaderboards? For community its even better to look through the leaderboard because you can at least make a guesstimate to ow this guy has 7k para and an uptime of 23.5 h/d or hey this guy has 5.5k and 10 h/d seems ok. For Blizzard, they allready have the data, they dont need a video of it. Besides all that, they need to record every run, servers say hi.

I am more interested in the anticheat potential of the OPs playback suggestion vs. the details of how it could be implemented or the specifics.
Yes Overwatch has an anonymous playback video to catch cheaters and I am sure there are ways to identify that potential cheaters account with minimal research yet the feature is still there regardless.
CS:GO has this exact same replay system wich is voluntary, but great at community based anticheat.
D3 “seems” to have no current active anticheat therefor a community driven head start playback feature would be a step in the right direction if not just for D3, but D4.

Are people really scared that GR clears would be viewable? I am surprised this thread is mostly negative feedback with reasons not to add leaderboard replays.

Considering the actual roadblocks for a system is not negative though, it’s being realistic. That said I don’t really see the upside of the system. That we as players have access to video from other players helps to negate cheating how exactly? Blizzard are the ones that can enforce the rules, and they already have full access to all the information.

1 Like

Yes i agree, i’ve seen many idea’s against cheating, and just because its an idea against cheating doesnt mean its a good idea or realistic. I’ve seen idea’s like captcha’s, remove paragon all together, add a totaly new real time anti cheat in a 10 y old game. Just because we see roadblocks and dont see it adding something, doesnt mean we are pro cheat…

Well here’s me hoping d4 wont be a ladder para rat race from the start.

2 Likes

I think the best upside for players is seeing how to get into the top ranks of the boards.

Your initial argument was for it to reduce cheating and help new players, neither of which I really see it doing. Now if it’s to help people make that last push to high grifts, sure, but that’s an entirely different argument.

I am assuming non-new players know how to get high ranks.

I’ve been playing since day one, I know next to nothing about playing Crusader and Necro.

1 Like