Request : Availability of Patch Notes

Hi… this comment is for Blizzard.

I find it insulting that the new patch notes were not released simultaneously in all languages and all regions… it seems to me that, for a company the size of Blizzard, this would be the appropriate thing to do… something about these “improved communications” you have been promising and respecting your customers in all parts of the world.

Blizzard isn’t the United Nations…that you’re even typing here (an English speaking forum) makes me think English patch notes aren’t such a problem.

1 Like

No… Blizzard certainly isn’t the United Nations…

And I am typing here because it is the only means we have to reach them… they do not respond to posts in the forums I usually use.

Insulting? Curious as to how many of those regions have laws against insulting whiney gamers?

Patch notes are live:
https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/23220967/patch-267-now-live-11-12-2019

Edit: Seems you want them in other regions / languages. Sorry.

Boubou is not really wrong though. Normally the Localization team releases whatever is being published (News Blog, Patch Notes, Marketing promo), at the same time, or in a coordinated fashion, in all the languages Blizzard supports.

Localization is also one of the more expensive and time consuming parts of publishing. I also realize it is well after working hours in much of the world. No excuse really though.

Hopefully they go up soon.

Is Boubou right in being insulted though? That’s the real drama here…

Insulted might be a bit much, but I don’t fault him for feeling frustrated.

The EU forums have very little interaction or communication. When they get messaging at all, it tends to be quite a bit behind. This has gone on for years. Might even be worse since the layoffs early this year.

EU folks please correct me if I am wrong about your frustrations.

The official working languages of EU institutions are: English and French (boubou is French, by my guess). In certain contexts, German is one too. Believe me when I say that I understand the costs related to translation - if you quickly google the UN’s current financial crisis you’ll see that supposedly simple things like timely translations suffer.

Having said that - as someone who has played on EU for years - even the Russians playing on our server speak English - this isn’t Dota. I just felt it is a bit strong for someone to claim that it is an insult that English is published first.

That is a fact of the matter pretty much world around - English is the language of choice, just like the American dollar is the currency of choice.

Perhaps a bit too much realism, but eh. It’s a tired afternoon at work.