Repurpose Treasure Goblin

I often play with many different classes and builds during a season. The Sage’s set was redesigned to give us more Death’s Breaths to play with. I’m not having problems with getting Death’s Breaths – I’m having trouble getting Normal, Magic & Rare crafting materials. The only way to get lots of these currently is to run bounties – but I’m playing with a build or class and can’t run T16s for group bounties.

My suggestion: Re-purpose the Treasure Goblin that you get when you wear a Puzzle Ring to pick up Normal, Magic & Rare items and auto-magically turn them into the corresponding crafting material. This would be a good response to many many people’s b*ching about this, but it wouldn’t be free – you’d have to wear the ring. This would make it a thing you’d have to do on purpose to especially farm crafting materials.

2 Likes

Act V, Battlefields of Eternity. Run around the map clicking on all the armour racks. White / grey items drop out. Pick them all up. As some of them will be single square items (e.g. belts / rings / amulets) you’ll end up with over 30 items in your Inventory. Each white / blue salvages into 8-12 white materials, so you’ll generally get 350+ white materials from each run around the map. Each run should take you no more than 3-4 minutes. So, in 30 minutes you should be able to get 2500+ white materials. Then use the Cube’s recipe that lets you convert materials from one colour to another, in batches of 100.

2 Likes

While it is nice of you to drop by and give some advice on farming materials, that is not the purpose of the post, and you know it. You have a knack for derailing posts by posting off-topic stuff, it seems.

Good idea. Would be nice to have some use out of a puzzle ring other than running vaults.

I’d be really interested in hearing how, in a topic that’s lamenting a lack of crafting materials, advice about how to get 2500+ materials in half an hour is off-topic.

Compared that to the suggestion in the original post, whereby the goblin auto-converts dropped whites / blues / yellows into their corresponding materials. Blues and yellows convert to one material each. At higher Torments, almost no whites drop. That means such a goblin would maybe, and I mean maybe, get you 5 blue and yellow materials per T16 rift run. Assume those T16 rifts take 2 minutes each, with 30 seconds in town, so 2.5 mins each. You can fit 12 of those into half an hour. That’s 12 * 5 = 60 of blue / yellow mats. Now compare that to the advice I gave that means you could get 2500+ mats and, if you did a 50/50 split on converting them, you’d get 1250 of each material in the same time.

You’re complaining that I’m giving advice that would get you over 20 times as many materials for exactly the same time spent as the OP’s suggestion?

2 Likes

The lack of materials mentioned was just a catalyst to further the argument for changing Puzzle Ring effect.

Wrong! Only Yellow items convert to 1 mat each, which is why picking up yellows is bad.

Again wrong. Every armor/weapon rack has almost a 100% chance to drop a white/gray item.

No, it will pick up any White/Blue/Yellow item on the ground and automatically “salvage” it as if it was salvaged at the blacksmith. So, it will give you more materials because there’s no inventory limit here, and it saves you the time and trouble of clicking extra buttons at the blacksmith at the cost of wearing the ring power.

I’m not complaining. I am just pointing out your obvious behavior that I have noticed in numerous threads. Just try to stay on topic. Because if you don’t, others will follow suit and derail the thread from it’s original purpose – making Puzzle Ring wearable and adding some useful QoL improvements at the same time.

If you’re speedfarming 2 minute T16s, you’re not stopping to click armour racks.

Anyway, the suggested change to the Puzzle Ring is still inferior to just actively farming materials, at a ratio of 20:1.

Repurposing treasure goblins and puzzle rings doesn’t make much sense to me.

I actually pick up loot. All gems and legendaries all the time. I also pick ip everything a boss drops. More often than not, i have to clear my bags at least once per act for bounties, and between each rift run. Crafting materials are rarely a problem.

The weekly challenges also give heaps of mats.