Repurchase or download?

I have $3 on cd for ps4. I am planning to buy ps5 digital. Can i download and play D3 on ps5 using current license or must i rebuy?

You theoretically should be able to play the digital version of D3 for Ps4 on the Digital PS5.

To clarify what Eddie said.

You cannot play the disc version on your PS5 Digital Edition because it does not have a disc drive.

The game must be bought from the PlayStation Store.

1 Like

As mentioned above by either of us, You cannot download a digital copy of a physical game. So you will have to rebuy.

1 Like

Sorry but there appears no way except the Game (Players) Data can be moved over…best bet just keep an eye open for one of 70% off deals and grab it…one reason why I’ll go with PS5 w/Disc Drive…have several favorite ones unless I keep plying the PS4 for them…

1 Like

if/when i get a ps5, im going physical copy of games… makes it just easier to share games with friends or family… like my brother has my spider-man game and when im done with miles morales, i’m gonna let him borrow it.

You can…on lower firmware… :wink:

smarty pants… you know dang well what i was talking about… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

the game won’t even let me get past the first screen saying i need to download previous data to play, i’ve bought it on the psn store on my ps5 and it still says it