[REPORT] Extended screen range

thats what i thought :sweat_smile:

This is not issue lol, zoomedin screen for Ultrawides and problem is fixed lol
EZ

1 Like

You are just a troll, or completely clueless.

Read the previous posts before replying. Your argument is nonsense.

2 Likes

Maybe both things plus a d3 spawn

Well sure, That “problem” is still here when the game comes out… Again: I dont see a Problem. I like to play Diablo with my 21:9 Monitor :wink:

What the? Because some guys have very old windows versions? Well, one of the stupiest things i ever read in a gaming forum.

1 Like

Some of us would like some challenge to the gameplay. If you don’t limit the cast range for spells and attacks, players will simply obliterate all the mobs without ever being in any danger. Does clearing Chaos Sanctuary or Worldstone Keep without any of the mobs ever noticing or attacking you really sound like fun? Because it doesn’t to me.

If that’s the state of the game on release, they’ll be getting a lot of refund requests, and the game will be DOA.

6 Likes

Why only in PvP though?
Just hardlock the FoW to 16:9 and people can use whatever monitor/resolution they want.
Everything unexplored beyond the 16:9 area will be black, everything explored beyond it will have grey fog that covers monsters, players and items.

Then limit the spell range to 16:9 and it is perfectly fair.

2 Likes

Bumping this topic… this needs to be addressed.

3 Likes

Ya I’ve been suggesting that too in another topic about this. I would say 1440x1440 is more logical in non pvp flagged. Most people have 1080 and a ton of people have 1440 up/down or across. Everything outside is grayed out and non static objects like monsters don’t show up, could be there but it blocks them out. If you mouse over the fog it highlights so there is some visual indicator and if clicked for Telenor or spell will target closest non fogged spot.

Areas can be solid black if not explored and grayed out if explored. Monster ai is already tweaked a bit for existing changes so I’m sure they are accounting for the 4k res they are advertising, it’s just how they are we don’t know.

how about the game lowering the height and width to the lowest users setting in the game. so if everyone is using wide screens, everyone gets to use it.

i think we should just force everyone to play at 640x480 which is the lowest resolution d2 could be played at to expect people to play at anything higher is giving them an unfair technological advantage the gpu crisis is real and to assume people have graphics cards that can do anything more than the bare minimum is ridiculous.

It’s even worse than just the ultra wide screen once you use custom display dimensions.

“My Rogue scouts have just reported an abomination in the monastery graveyard!”

“Yep, I see her. Let me just walk out to the Blood Moor and Blizzard her <…>”

1 Like

I’m a bit confused…

How has ultrawide resolutions and aspect ratios not also been an advantage in competitive online RTS matches?

In competitive online first person shooter matches?

In competitive MMO RPG arena matches?

Literally nearly every listed aggrievance is found in every competitive genre. They can mitigate it with fog of war and hardcaps on spell range, and while this doesn’t fix the issue entirely, it helps.

When I read this post complaining about ultrawides and potential ludicrous FoV settings, I couldn’t help but chuckle.

Someone with better contrast and resolution in an FPS game is going to see the top of your head clearer when peeking in a sniper standoff, or more of the corners when they enter a room.

Someone with better resolution is going to see more of the map in an RTS game without having to click on the minimap as often.

The same goes for MMORPG arena matches.

This is why people spend thousands of dollars on better GPUs for better more consistent frame rates, that give them significant advantage over some in a competitive setting.
Monitors are included merely because no one wants to render 500 fps on a 60hz 1080p monitor with terrible contrast ratios from 5 years ago.

I’m going to get a lot of crap for this post, but what they WILL be able to do, is STILL not going to be enough for some, this problem is simply not going away.

5 Likes

the whole argument is kind of a joke I think, i don’t think anyone really considers diablo 2 pvp, or pvm for that matter, to be balanced so to try to turn it into this hyper competitive thing that aspect ratio or monitors will make or break for the general population is just silly. there will be a few bleeding edge people who use stuff like this to their advantage but i would be far more concerned about the botting and hacks that they use over the aspect ratio of a 20 year old game.

5 Likes

But muh pvp! The game should be fine. People worry too much.

2 Likes

How about for pvp, they just force everyone into the lowest supported resolution? problem solved. kinda sounds pointless? right? but to be fair to all, its the only way to go.

But for real, im all for them supporting high end ultra wide monitors even though i do not own one. it kinda future proofs the game a bit.

In PvP you also desperately want 144fps… does your 700€ ultra wide screen have that?

I think you don’t know the problem with D2 monster AI with ultra wide screens, do you? There is the concern, that you can see monsters, which do not yet Aggro. So at the border of your screen, monsters just sit there and you can check out e.g. modifiers, without them attacking you.

VV though explicitly said, that this is unexpectedly not the case. David Brevik responded to that, that his previous concerns about that seemed to be wrong and he doesn’t remember the details about the implementation of AI radius anymore.

So if VV implement ultra wide screen, I am sure, they only do because there is no problem in PvM. But still, they have to do something for PvP and I think, ultra wide screens breaks it and people will be very upset about it.

Also people, who get PK‘ed from players, they can’t even see on their screen, will quit the game quite fast. So yeah, this is the biggest problem of the game right now.

That’s not a fix, because namelocking would still work better. With namelocking, you can teleport as far as you want, even beyond your screen. Changing that, would be a great screw up from blizzard and PvPers won’t buy the game.

Lol D2 is easy, because in PD2 you geared up fast. What a joke.

It doesn’t, see namelocking. Also PK‘ers can find you at the border of their screen and know where you are, before you know, that you have to tp out or prepare for a fight… it’s way more complicated than you think.

Your personal opinion doesn’t matter here. This is about the fact, that sone people will experience severe disadvantages, only for others to have a little bit „nicer view“.

5 Likes

I think this is a big issue that needs to be resolved.

It would be nice to hear something about how they’re gonna handle this.

1 Like

consoles are the meta now pc gon be doa

1 Like