Not sure how fast this could be done, so it may be a something that can be done is a later patch, but with the upcoming adjustments to the Paragon System which limits Paragon Points, making their allocation more meaningful, …
… it may also be a good time to eventually “re-order” / “reorganize” some of the Attributes into different Categories (e.g. Area Damage into Offense).
If not now, maybe in the next patch.
This here is some suggestions to illustrate:
- Mainstat (maybe a % increase instead of flat bonus?)
- Vitality (maybe a % increase instead of flat bonus?)
- Resource Cost Reduction
- Cooldown Reduction (combine CDR and RCR and half their effect ?)
- Attack Speed
- Area Damage (moved from Utility to here - is obviously Offense)
- Critical Hit Chance
- Critical Hit Damage
- %Life (maybe include some Life Regen ?)
- All Res
- +#% Dodge Chance per Point (NEW)
- Maximum Resource (moved from Core to here)
- Movement Speed (moved from Core to here)
- Life per Hit
- Life Regeneration (moved from Defense to here - maybe turn it into a Percentage Life regenerated per Second ?)
BONUS IDEA 1: Your Pickup Radius AUTOMATICALLY increases by +# Yards per PARAGON LEVEL, up to a maximum of +## Yards (at Paragon 800?).
BONUS IDEA 2: as @Stedia suggested in this thread, you could get +# Main Stat and +# Vitality AUTOMATICALLY for each Paragon Level without a Cap.
BONUS IDEA 3: as @dmkt, @ThanatosVI and @Stedia suggested in this thread, the Main Stat and Vitality Bonuses in the Paragon System could be replaced with ‘% increased Damage’ (multiplicative multiplier) and ‘% reduced Damage Taken’.
BONUS IDEA 3: just an idea: combine several Bonuses into one Affix, e.g. Max Resource, Resource Regeneration Resource Cost Reduction and Cooldown Reduction.
Maybe not perfect, but it illustrates the concept.
Maybe even some different Affixes can be included, like Energy Shield (similar to Galvanizing Ward), or CDR and RCR can be combined and halved, and then something else can take the free space… or Mainstat and Vit can give both a % and a Flat Bonus…
Any other ideas / suggestions for a potential reorganization of Paragon Attributes? Plz share blow!