Rename season 23 the great nerf

GOD = nerfed.
Mundunugu’s (Only viable WD) set = nerfed.
Rathma reworked, then nerfed into uselessness, then nerfed further.
Firebirds reworked, then nerfed into mediocrity. <—crushing
No season theme.
Revived season rewards, so no rewards if you’re not new.
What is the point? Went from super excited, to meh in 5 minutes of reading. Why? Just why?

86 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. Was excited to come back for this season to take Wizard for a spin, now don’t even think I’m going to bother. What a disappointment.

27 Likes

The Great Derp.

:call_me_hand:

6 Likes

some dev at blizzard hq really has a thing against wizards i guess.

:frowning:

8 Likes

You hit the nail right on the head. I think I will probably sit this season out. No class really stands out, as everything has been nerfed. I wonder if Blizzard thinks that disappointing players, will increase the user database? I think that they better go back to ‘Gaming School’

4 Likes

From the announcement blog…

However, we know it’s nice to have something new to aim for if you’ve participated in previous Seasons. We’re continuing to provide new End of Journey rewards as introduced in Season 17, with two new cosmetic ones for those who complete the entirety of the Season journey. Prove your worth with The Disciples of Sanctuary alongside and complete the Season 23 Guardian Journey to earn the Lacuni Cub pet and the Chopping Block portrait .

8 Likes

If the pets weren’t cool I’d probably skip this season and go back to casually playing a few hours on weekends. Wizards : pissed, necros : pissed, WDs: super pissed, Dhs : pissed. Oh w8 we forgot monks and barbs. Oh, their time will come soon enough in season 24. One season is not enough to nerf every class.

6 Likes

I don’t know why I do each season journey for pets when I always equip my little Yeti

16 Likes

Only thing that looks good is the pet, other wise it’s a 50% nerf sale

4 Likes

Can you guys explain why you view nerfing as something bad when you have set LBs now?

2 Likes

why cant wizard shine for a season or two? they didn’t just nerf the set, they buried it.

10 Likes

The set was already mediocre. They made the set fun (too fun maybe) and then returned it to below average. Why even rework the set at this point it made it slightly more viable but definitely not worth using.

5 Likes

Thats easy for me.

Tried the tal/firebird mix when ptr started did a 142 solo, maybe a bit over p. 140 run seemed solid not having to worry about fishing.
Then tried the straight firebird set when the first tune was done, did a 135 and seemed a little hard. 130 felt solid, like I said above.
Now I didn’t calculate the new re-tune which numbers looked to be cut in half, but I guessed 130 is gonna be a little struggle. (I’ve heard 15 gr nerf)
Prior to this my tal meteor build did like a 128 and I kept hitting a wall at 130.
So with the nerf’s done previously and what they giving us now doesn’t show me any progress even though I’ve gain a ton more paragon since the prior push on wiz.
I didn’t see any issue with a 6k paragon guy doing solid 130’s to some harder 135’s. It was on tune with me as the GOD DH.

Leaderboards don’t mean squat to most people. We’re not on them and never will be. The universal goal is measurable progress. Then you hit that paragon wall and can’t get as far as you did the previous season with something you like to play. Well then all it’s about is the stupid pet and endless grind.

Now I can understand the attraction of seeing how far you can get with each set but when the result is “woohoo I got a third as far as I did last season and it only took me twice as long” the luster fades. Lets face it 75% of the sets in this game aren’t worth a spit and aren’t much fun either.

6 Likes

So, the real issue for you is you don’t have a paragon LB filter?

What’s the difference if you got 10k paragon last Season due to speed running GR 150, and you are to get 3k paragon this Season due to playing on GR X. These are completely different Seasons, so what’s the problem?

On NS I agree with you that might create a problem, but why on Season?

2 Likes

Lol if you even have to ask after ~4000 posts, you got bigger problems.

6 Likes

What do you mean? Can you be more specific?

I’ve never gotten to 150. I never will. Did you miss the part about leader boards being irrelevant? The paragon from seasons is also irrelevant. I could easily gain more in the same time in non seasons. By grinding my eyes out. The point is to take a fun build and see how far I can push it before the whole thing becomes a giant pain in the kiester. Well, nerfed into the ground builds are a giant pain in the kiester and pointless in non seasons. No progress kemosabe.

2 Likes

So, you play mainly NS and you can’t grind paragon as efficiently as before with your preferred build?

Not even close. Read it again slowly and try to comprehend.

5 Likes