Removed ❄

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake:

4 Likes

And Yet we are in a Diablo 3 Forums. If you wana talk ExileCON go somewhere else. This is month old and boring news. These guys had their day in the sun during D2. They have absolutely ZERO to do with D3 / DI or D4.
So really this is just a nostalgia video for people gripping to the past.

4 Likes

Whoa the fathers of Diablo! Maybe if Blizzard hired them again, D4 might become the greatest ARPG in history.

2 Likes

Ok so why do i care about them reminising about D2/ D1 or ANYTHING POE related. Great you launch the Diablo Franchise well done. That was 20 Years ago.

D3 had nothing to do with them , neither will DI , neither will D4 and the Franchise will continue on.

Time to move on from the 90s

Again , just a nostaligia video from they guys who help launch and create Diablo. Nothing really of interest outside that and has no baring on D3 whatsoever which is the forum this has been post in.

2 Likes

Blizzard was best with Brevik, Shaefer bros, Roper, and Metzen. I don’t think anyone will disagree with me.

3 Likes

And without Irvine insisting it be real time, Diablo would have been a long forgotten game.

2 Likes

Lol keep Brevik out of it, he’s a one-hit wonder. Everything else he worked on post-Diablo sucked.

3 Likes

I’ll take the one-hit wonder over anyone else who has never succeeded the way he did.

3 Likes

Yeah sure, 2 decades ago, while everything he made afterwards sucked :poop:

Which means he learned nothing and didn’t adapt and evolve. He’d be like those grannies who whine about how things were so much better in the 40s and complain that the silence is too loud nowadays.

1 Like

He didn’t have others well versed in shaping games to be good to reign him in, kick him in the butt to get moving, or guide his projects where needed. He’s got good ideas, but admits he had no desire running the show or was any good at it.

I swear too many of these people have high schooler mentalities and cannot grow out of it. Things change and it’s OK no to like a new direction, but they all act like Al Bundy reliving his glory days when they are long past. It’s OKnto move on too.

I guarantee you if D2 were to launch today it would be a flop. Gamers and gaming trends have changed and companies need to change and adapt with to keep relevant. If that means certain segments of players are left behind then too bad. You can always play the old games, or some indie dev will make a niche game that caters to their desires.

1 Like

I quit watching after the first question. Rhykker should have prepped them so they could give thoughtful answers to the questions. The answers to the first question ruined it for me.

1 Like

If you have played his games, you’ll notice that they are really great and some are even innovate, really enjoyable. Examples are Marvel Heroes, or Hellgate London. Although they weren’t successful at the end, it was because of external desitions he didn’t make like PR disasters or bad economic models.

1 Like

I beg to differ - hellgate London was actually really good (the game itself).

1 Like

Hellgate London was amazing, but EA forced the dev’s to release the game before it was ready and that decision by EA literally killed it because of all the bugs they shipped it with even after dev’s told them the game wasn’t ready. It really was the very first a company did something that became a trend: Release an unfinished product and complete it later while consumer’s pay the price. Marvel Heroes also became a great game, but Brevik was forced to be CEO to keep game going which was NOT what he wanted at all and he never got to actually work on the game himself which is what he wanted from the start. The minute Brevik and the core dev’s left Gazillion the game went under extremely fast.

2 Likes

You might as well put the name of “Mocking Demons” instead of Diablo3 and tell the tale again how succesful D3 would have been with that name on release instead.
Companies taking advantage of the value of others companies success game name because of ownership rights just like command and conquer series with Westwood Studios and Electronic Arts in order to only bait sell & profit are the worst, and yet you support them.
Disgusting.

2 Likes

Exactly this. It’s a shame op removed this thread. Can’t hold the truth maybe?

I guarantee it would have still outsold D2 and done well. It wouldn’t have had the initial backlash from D2 players that may have turned some away. Heck, I’d bet many of the naysayers here would have enjoyed it if it was not a named Diablo nor published by Blizzard.

Sorry but you have no proof about this, and its very common in companies in general, not even necessarily in gaming companies but bigger companies like to buy smaller entrepreneur promising enterprises just to get the ownership rights of their successful products and they got the money to do so to do whatever they please with the original creator companys product because money rules, thats how sad the story of economy/business is.
I bet most of initial D3 players/customers dont know that Blizzard Norths original name was Condor or that Blizzards South original name was Silicon & Synapse.
They dont care about the companys history, they only care about the tittle name of Blizzard, Diablo, (World of) Warcraft, Starcraft and nothing else.
I can bet on you that even to this day consumers dont do a research about Blizzards history and just buy the game because its named Diablo so its good right?
Its the same case scenario with iconic game names Mario and Sonic, everybody has heard of them and these games just keep on selling cos of their name.

My supporting evidence is the game is the game playes well, is fun, and appeals to the masses. Plenty of other ARPGs have come along and done well, but none have been as polished and play as great as D3.

We all know games that appeal to the masses do fairly well, those that are fun and have great feel to them do better. There are plenty examples of companies making good games with no history to speak of. It is not impossible to think “Mocking Demons” by Zlibbard studios wouldn’t have sold well.

We know for a fact that D3 sold at least 21M after the you all were done telling everyone else the game sucked and should stay away. Which would put it 4M higher than the highest unconfirmed D2 sales estimates.

Of course we do not know anything for certain, so I guess that means we shouldn’t discuss anything unless we have 100% concrete proof. It called speculation for a reason.