Remove bow requirement from strafe?

With the addition of the sanctified power for strafe casting hatred spenders it would’ve been nice to see the ability to use impale.

Sadly, strafe REQUIRES a bow equipped to cast. Which is obviously counter-intuitive to the shadow set which requires a MELEE weapon to get the % multiplier.

It could give some interesting power to DH and open up the ability for strafe impale if the bow requirement was removed.

4 Likes

Or let DH dual wield a hand-crossbow and a dagger. :grin:

7 Likes

There’s a rune that makes strafe throw knives instead of arrows, does that require a bow?

yeah, the baseline strafe ability sadly always requires a bow

I, too, was sad when i went to try out Karleias point(sp?) without cubing only to see half my skills greyed out. If nothing else, just remove the bow requirment for just this season. Impale is very cool to use while strafing as is, but it seems to require you to actually cast impale once in a while, especially when changing floors. it does this with multishot, too. its like it forgets to cast it and needs a reminder. and yes, i know the angelic affect is "will cast at the target and not just all the time.

Yeah tbh Shadow set with that strafe thing seemed like the only way to use that Strafe power, idk what Blizz was thinking when they made this garbage lol. Now people are trying to run UE with that thing and it’s just pathetic because UE deals no dmg and gets oneshot by everything at the GR level that other builds speedrun.

The strafe power is just useless trash tbh doesn’t really work with anything

1 Like

i love my spin to win DH though lol. maybe they’ll give it a damage multiplier. one can hope.

1. FOK SPENDER STRAFE
Allow it to work with Fan of Knives:Knives Expert on Natalya’s without triggering LGF’s 30 stacks. Constant 30 stacks of hatred spender FoK. That’d be rad @ 12000% damage.

• Pinpoint Accuracy is 1600% weapon damage.
  • Knives Expert is 640% weapon damage.

Best of all, Fan of Knives isn’t a projectile so it just comes out of the player. That mouse position thing doesn’t even matter.

141 * 6.4 * 121 = 109190

Compare that to say… UE6 Multishot

483 * 5 * 3 * 3 * 1.6 = 34776

Then you have the other channeling buffs, which are easier to squeeze into N6.

2. RAPID FIRE SPENDER STRAFE
They could also do this with **Rapid Fire:Bombardment on LoN with Wojhanni Assaulter’s 3000% damage buff. Allow Wojhanni Assaulter to maintain maximum stacks while strafing.

98.5 * 5.45 * 3.5 (Hellcat) * 31 * 4 = 232,982 damage

Both make for new and enjoyable experiences around the Strafe Angelic effect.

1 Like

Both of these are cool ideas. There’s definitely room for them to expand upon this power.
Hopefully someone at Blizzard sees this.

I have a feeling there will be many more LoN/LoD builds created this season as most of the seasonal powers don’t really pair well with the sets overall.

1 Like

I’ve been using Cluster Arrow with GoD set and the Strafe rune and it seems to work pretty well actually. I didn’t know if it would fire HA and CA at the same time but it seems to judging by the fact that Clarity has a 100% uptime. Probably won’t be pushing any kind of high GRs but it does seem to supplement the speed clear ability for T16 stuff which is all I use GoD for.

Well, to be fair, GoD bonus only applies to the HA casts. So, yer HA is doing all the work, the CA would only be tickling the mobs and making them laugh til the HA kills them. The only season power which really has any use on GoD is the Vengeance power, but they would need to entirely remove the time restriction and buff it’s damage a fair bit, then we could strafe along with the Season Vengeance Rockets going off and that would actually be fun.

5 Likes

I am only using it for T16 so swapping gear around a bit to buff CA helps the skill. No it’s not going to increase damage enough to kill harder stuff but it’s more than enough to help T16 content.

I think what would help the most is for Blizzard to clarify what these class powers are supposed to be. If they’re supposed to be something major to build around then a lot of the powers are in dire need of buffs across the classes, but if they’re just supposed to be very small bonuses and the main focus of sanctifying is supposed to be a free Primal Ancient of your choice (which is probably fine on it’s own) then what we have is probably all we’re going to get.

Well, the issue is that they need to get each of the powers to be equally useful. Currently only the CA power on M6, Nat, or Hybrids are truly powerful with the seasonal power. Strafe works moderately ok on UE with MS, but is very clunky and intermittent. As it stands presently the Vengeance power is 99 percent worthless.

If they can decently balance them so that any of the 3 are a viable choice then that will be a nice season, but until we see some semblance of that in testing, it’s looking like there is no real choice if we want to feel any real power from the Seasonal mechanics.

That said, I am in the works of theorizing up some LoN/LoD builds which may make better use of the Season powers since those builds actually buff all damage, not the specific types that set builds do.

1 Like

Unfortunately, this can not be a thing. It would make N6/S2 set so completely overpowered it would destroy every other spec and every other class.

It’s really a shame that Shadow keeps getting overlooked, too, as it’s one of my favorite sets. There was no melee weapon for the ethereal season and now there is no useful crucible power besides the completely underwhelming vengeance power.

2 Likes

yea, the vengeance power is basically firing off one of those confetti tube-things at the mobs. it looks cool, but looks aren’t everything in D3.

Great idea! :heart_eyes: I miss my D2 Assassin with dual wield swords and daggers. They gave that part to the monk in D3. Sooo looking forward to D4 Rogue.

Or else let us us strafe with meele weapon, too. D2 Assassin could use throwing knifes. Those even dont exist as weapon in D3, only as skill. But yeah, you can throw a dagger in RL, so would be possible as ranged attack in a game, too.

1 Like

since the power comes from the shadow 6set i dont think this would necessarily become an issue, tried setting it up in d3planner and it just doesn’t reach the insane numbers you’d expect

i believe thats the whole point of this thread lol. this change to strafe may make implale set viable with the strafe power. The main thing that keeps it from working is the 2pc bonus of shadow set requires a melee weapon. its a 6000% bonus in dmg which is significant.