Reminder for PTR

If you say so. It didn’t give me this feeling when I played with them a couple years ago but maybe.

Thank you for jumping in and confirming!

Multiple iterations really help us testers to get the bottom of each mechanic!

Are there new sets coming out?

A rule of thumb about any product or update release whether it be software, an advisory report, or even a building (all of which I’m qualified to comment on) is that it shouldn’t be released to the client until it has been reviewed by the quality assurance team (namely the group who raises issues for fixing) and has passed the review.

In this case, if it’s the community that does the testing, it should be the community who review the fixes and verifies it being fixed before a patch goes live. Otherwise, the process is flawed, substandard and not industry leading in any way.

2 Likes

When can we expect PTR? Mid January?

Crazy idea.

How about tell us about the ideas for new sets, update legs & set balance before roling them out for PTR.

So we can give feedback & devs can think about these feedback before making the updates for PTR.

Many players here are very passionate, knowledgemable & willing to give feedback unconditionally other then to make the game better.

2 Likes

This is true… but

This can give the false impression that players have more input and control over development than is realistic. We are not the decision makers to tell them yes or no while they create a set. They have managers for that.

We have had input already - they have read months (years really), of feedback and are developing based on it right now. When they have something ready to view, we get the PTR.

What I want more, is for them to really communicate their take-aways and actions during/after the PTR. So, if we don’t like an aspect of a new set, show they heard it, and share what/ if anything, they intend to do with that feedback.

2 Likes

This definitely needs to increase.

Take AoV…

• it started off as a FotH set as players were asking for FotH to be made viable as a damage dealer again. This was a good start.
  • It wasn’t viable damage wise and wasn’t very interesting to play due to the heavy focus on just one skill.
  • Early indications from Blizzcon showed that the damage had been bumped up. A decent move.
  • We later found out that they had added HF to the set (good move) but changed the set in a way that made HF stronger to use and thus creating what is ultimately a Holy Shotgun set rather than a FotH set as players generally don’t want to put time into a suboptimal set up (this move essentially negated all the work done previously towards providing a FotH set).

HF was already supported via Akkhans and LoN/LoD that a buff in support legendaries was all that was needed. No body builds an AoV build with FotH and pushing in mind.

Similarly, for PoJ, TR was supported by the Sunwuko set and is still the stronger variant for Tempest Rush builds. The buff in TR support legendaries was all that was required to make TR viable again. As such, PoJ doesn’t add much that another set didn’t already provide.

What I’d like the devs to do is consider if their new set design adds anything new that an existing set couldn’t be made to perform with relative ease. We saw this with UE and M6 for the DH… M6 was originally an interesting set. Then M6 was tweaked to make it more interactive when they could have introduced UE with CA support added on and we would have had a cluster arrow set where we are the damage dealers without butchering the original M6 design.

Out of curiosity, will it be two weeks non-stop or two staggered weeks.

I ask because any changes made quickly could run into the Crusader/Barbarian problem again.

I know I would plan for one week for a first test and then, after fixing bugs and balance issues and how ever long that takes, do a second week to see how those fixes have turned out.

Matt and Wyatt were pretty clear about this; neither has ever used anything except extreme outliers as balance examples for why they make adjustments in solo. A week long ptr guarantees that the only thing you have time for are the most basic and expedient data measures. The Wrath of the Wastes Nerf in several seasons ago is a great example of this. Also the numerous wizard exploits which are hiddenuntill after ptr.

This is doubling down on silliness when you look at the last two seasonal buffs and the free power you get just for logging into a game mode.

Fist of heaven AoV is one of the better speed run, T16 and bounty builds.

HF is good is solo pushing and group.

Not man Sets can claimed to have so utilities and allow significantly different skills and setup.

Fist and HF do not need to be equal. They just need to be both useful for specific content and it works.

I think AoV is in a good place. Sure you can buff fist, but it is already so good in so many things, making it more powerful will make it way to good compare to most other sets.

Even a certain d.163 “moderator” was rude to me when I said that WW with 200% was OP … it’s funny how the desperation for buffs blinded some people.

Now, we will probably have a nasty nerff … if the target is ~ 140 with 10k paragon, maybe rend will go to 80% or ww has your bonus reduced …

What, it’s been almost a day and nobody mentioned we haven’t got a blue post since 2019? :stuck_out_tongue:

Kind of excited for this PTR, hoping for some real balance changes.

PTR Should start around what…2nd week of January, guys?

They could put up a main category for d4 in the d3 forums at the very least.

So a category next to and at the same level as for example “General”.

As for the PTR, I hope they anounce it a week or two in advance as well.

As it’s now a month later, I guess this meant Soon™

6 Likes

Time to adjust the max Grift to 200 or maybe allow to lvl.999?

More information soon and a month passes.

Blizzard staff: Hahaha gottem

2 Likes

Yeah, after a few weeks of increased presence on the forums, Blizzard have gone back to silent mode, it seems.

Obviously, they still have not really learnt from their communication debacle…

It is not enough to be present for a few weeks, communication is an ongoing process.

Do we really have to remind them of that time and time again?

1 Like

They are busy… just relax. We’ll get an announcement when they are ready to talk.

2 Likes

Most of California is still sleeping. I still hope for announcement later today.