Regular rift - Mobs immune (Resolved - Not a bug)

I think this might fall under the below known issue but I read those and none of them seemed to fit my scenario. I could have missed one and if I did I apologize.

Known Issue: 7. Unkillable monsters.

My scenario:

Zone: Regular rift
Class: Demon Hunter
Set: Gears of Dreadlords
Character name: Phith

When I first enter a normal rift the first skill I activate is Strafe. It is clearly hitting all the mobs but it is doing zero damage. If I stop using Strafe and use my primary ability Hungering Arrow it will kill a mob. Then I can use my Strafe ability to kill.

Basically the mobs are immune to damage until after I kill one using my primary ability Hungering Arrow.

GoD Rotation

Maxroll/Guides/Demon Hunter/GoD Hungering Arrow/Gameplay

Keep your Momentum stacks (from the set’s 2-piece bonus) high by attacking with your Hungering Arrow at least 5 times at the start of a run

Icy Veins/Diablo III/Demon Hunter/GoD Hungering Arrow/Skills and Runes/Rotation

The GoD Hungering Arrow build has a fairly simple rotation — it begins runs by getting your set Momentum stacks to the maximum 20 second duration, achievable by simply shooting out five consecutive attacks…

Not a bug.

Learn your build.

3 Likes

Gears of Dreadlords

• Gain 4 seconds of Momentum when attacking with a Primary skill, up to a maximum duration of 20 seconds. Your Primary skills deal 10% more damage per second of Momentum. (2 pieces)
  • Strafing against enemies will automatically shoot your last used Primary skill, and also give 60% damage reduction while Strafing and for 5 seconds after. While Strafing, you move 8% faster per second of Momentum. (4 pieces)
  • Your primary skills deal 15,000% more damage. (6 pieces)

So, yes, if you don’t use your primary skill at the start, the set is useless.
It’s like you tried to kill someone with a gun but you forgot bullets…

3 Likes

From the GoD set bonuses…

Strafing against enemies will automatically shoot your last used Primary skill

So, as you haven’t used a primary skill yet, i.e. Hungering Arrow, the only damage you’re doing is from Strafe itself, which is tiny. Enter the rift, manually fire some hungering arrows to gain momentum stacks, start strafing, at least every 5 seconds manually fire another hungering arrow to rebuild momentum stacks, profit!

Not a bug.

1 Like

Just to add - next time you are in town, go to the Mystic and change the buffs on your gear. GoD builds don’t use Multishot, Sentry, or Evasive Fire skills. Not good ones, anyways.

1 Like

Perusoe,

I am sorry to have wasted your time. Please feel free to ignore any posts that I may make in the future. I don’t want to cause you any frustration. I hope you have a better day.

Strix, Meteorblade, and Nefertiri,

I am a casual gamer. I appreciate the guidance, the suggestions and your time. :100: Take care and have a great weekend! Thank you.

Regards,

Scott

Perhaps I can also offer some insight on this too. The reason that some of the posters who regularly try to help out in the Bug Report forum get frustrated is that the vast majority of new threads posted here fall into one of the following categories…

1. Legitimate bugs that are in the Player List of Known Issues stickied thread.
  2. Things that aren’t bugs that are in the Things That Are NOT Bugs stickied thread.
  3. The player having misunderstood how something works.

You’ll notice that two out of the three categories are not bugs, and the third are bugs that have already been known about for years at this point, and fellow players can’t help you with.

3 Likes

Meteorblade,

I completely understand that. Part of my job is IT support. I treat all of the people who contact me with the utmost of respect. Sometimes people are having a bad day, sometimes they are over worked and just missed it, sometimes they were so focused on something else they missed the obvious. I understand that they are human and I accept their humanity.

This is a game. There are going to be hard core gamers, casual gamers and everyone inbetween. If it frustrates him/her that much then I would prefer that they not respond to the post. I don’t want to cause them undue frustration nor do I feel that it is acceptable to pass that frustration on to others. He/She isn’t getting paid to do this. Go do something that makes you happy, feel better, something where you will share a positive energy with the people around you.

There is no reason to do something over and over again if it makes you unhappy. Those three bullets are a fact of support of the forums. Either accept it or move on to something that brings you happiness.

That’s my 2 cents.

3 Likes