Refining WW Hurricane Barbian w/ Community

Yes he want to run some kinda zbarb/dps with necros for rat runs I guess

2 Likes

Oh, okay. We have a guide for that stickied at the top!

1 Like

Deathy,

If you want to do with these weapons try the windsh!tter build.

If you go that route, you will find that anything other than physical will severely hamper you. Dust devils do approximately 1/2 your damage. If you go away from physical, the weapons you use need to approximately double you damage. Unfortunately the proc from Rimeheart will not do that much extra damage.

You will still need a mighty weapon with weapon master for fury, but Rimeheart with Echoing fury in the cube is inferior to Echoing fury with Furnace in the cube.

I have all of the information I need when you said you were using Rimeheart with Wrath of the Wastes.

Wrath of the Wastes buffs Whirlwind damage to a number larger than Rimeheart. Whirlwind ticks what, 5 times per second? Throw in Skull Grasp and the damage Rimeheart contributes is literally nothing in the Wrath of the Wastes Whirlwind build.

You’re talking about using a build that is notorious for multiplayer lag in groups. You’re talking about inserting an item that does 1/25 of the damage of the main damage of the setup.

Like I said. You do you.

I suggest you listen to Felix though since LoN/LoD/IK is the only way this even remotely works. Even then I’d rather buff my Whirlwind damage another ~20% or more than worry about an unreliable weapon proc.

1 Like

Do you have a skeleton build somewhere of this I can look up? Or an old post of this, cause I can’t find it with that name.

What you mean i’ll need a mighty weapon if I may ask? Fjord cutter is a Mighty weapon , and gain Crit chance 5% if I just swapped the 2 for the other affect Unless there way good weapon you would say in their place.

1 Like

He’s referring to the build I created.

Not really interested in linking it lol

Here is what the build would look like, it isn’t perfect but it will get you in the ball park.

Helm: Leorics
Chest: Aquilas
Shoulders: Mantle of Channeling
Pant: Hexing
Gloves: Stone gauntlets
Bracers: Morticks
Boots: Ice climbers
Amulet: Flavor of time
Rings: Skull grasps, CoE, Zodiac
Weapon: Any mighty weapon, Echoing fury
Belt: PoC

Cube: Furnace, Nemesis (optional), (one of the rings above most likely SG)

Skills: WW Dust devil, IP, WotB, Threating shout, battle rage

Passive: Rampage, Weapon master, ruthless, Berserker Rage

Gems: LOD, Stricken, Taeguk

Helm, I kinda get, lower the cost abit more

Chest, mm I assume this can be replaced maybe with something Shi maybe? While using the passive Relentless Maybe?

Gloves I already stated how it kinda goes with the freezing build i’m doing already and how it actually seems alright with the Fjord aura doing damage and freezing

Pants, understandable since we’re moving all the time

Bracer nearly in all Barb builds, so understandable

Boots - I get it’s to be hard to CC, but could firewalker work, since you’ll be spinning on top of thing/pulling to the path of flame you’re making?

Rings - I get, and CoE wouldn’t be bad since it’s kinda mix damage that 170% sometimes in WW to other things could be nice when timed.

Belt - Why the blinding field is perf over other things like the Knives, Thundergod maybe? cause the knifes coming out do count as on hit and would increase more Fury gen right?

For speed runs things are more open, if you are going to push above GR90 I wouldn’t change much. You will get plenty of freezing if you go with Fjord. Actually too much freezing can be a problem if things don’t die quickly.

Aquilas is much much better than relentless. I have tried relentless and it only works to an extent if you run with over 1million health.

Firewalkers don’t do any real damage better to take something that will improve your resistances.

Only other belt you could try is witching hour, no other belts damage will provide any meaningful damage increase.

Mind if I ask why too much freezing could be a problem, Def if you want things to be freezing for Rimeheart, being extra careful with extra freezing methods could be seen as more of a benefactor.

If you had to choose an other top, what would you say would be more ideal? Like I get Aquilas, but when most of your current ones are asking for 95% I think the damage maybe increase with the 100% crit could be life saving if u drop below 25% and with as many damage reducer already in affect with Ignore the Pain to even using a cubed weapon that gives you ignore the pain ,and I also did some testing on that, it does use the modify/upgraded on the skill and it’s cooldown is not share with the ability.

As I mention ignore the pain, you already get immunity with that that and if u do run the example i given above where you have 2 ignore the pains, you could keep it up nearly all the time in theory , and If we’re running the Con of Ele’s the random Fire damage could be increase from time to time on the Barb increasing small range of damage, But i do wonder if the fire can crit damage also if below 25% with Shi’s for example as even though you say it don’t do much damage, it does more damage then Dust devil doing by default without modify %'s even if u boost it with the 40% the flame walkers can be dealing more damage then dust devil and thie hitbox on them is pretty decently wide and even clips outside the animation area and deals damage, and most trash will be pull onto ur spot even long past it if you do have a speed Pylon active, you’ll be zooming by while leaving a burning trail and will be dancing around bosses already.

I mention those as they’ll increase your damage smally over time Def. w/ sticken creases damage on the same target , dagger does more damage then DD as I mention before, and can get small increase damage from CoE, much like Thunder can also, and you’re already getting increase dodge and nearly in the immune part of hp dropin’ while fighting Elites/Bosses majority the time, so I would assume it would be increase damage even if small , it’ll add up and out level the DD that you’resaying is 1/2 the damage in groups of mobs and have a slightly better damage rate on Bosses alone, depending on it plays out.

Really??? Than you must be wrong.

P.S. It is MicroRNA if you choose to invoke incorrectly my name.

2 Likes

You only need 1 mob frozen to proc Rimeheart then all the mobs get the damage. If you freeze every mob then they quickly become immune. What you want is a low percentage of mobs frozen so you can conitually proc Rimeheart and not just the first 20 or so seconds.

As for chest, I would never pick something other than Aquilas. I have played with Tyrael’s Might but it only works on 1/4 the mobs. You need defense and 50% is a lot so you just take it at this slot because you cannot find anything offensive worth replacing it. In general, if you want to do GR90 or above you need at least 3 50% damage reduction items.

Firewalkers will do millions in damage. You need billions to make a difference no worth it at all. Run a test yourself. Go to a T13 and don’t WW just run around with Firewalkers on see how long it takes to kill a mob.

The majority of your damage comes from critical hits. Witching Hour increase your crit hit damage by 8-10%, it cause you to attack fast and produce more tornadoes. If you hit your break points correctly you can increase your WW damage by around 11% and 13% for tornadoes. This is not a small damage increase it is quite large.

Micro this Deathy guy trying to take your crown. Better shed some facts on him bro!!!

2 Likes

My crown is well-positioned as time has validated my arguments.

For example, have you checked the seasonal leaderboards? 17 of the top 20 solo barbarians are using new patch 2.6.6 items. In total, these barbs have equipped 52 new items in total.

6 Likes

No one argued Barbarians wouldn’t use Morticks and Flavor of Time.

I even argued Flavor of Time would be best in slot.

You haven’t validated anything other than you were on a quest to get 20,000 posts read as quickly as possible and you decided to participate in every discussion to try to get more posts from us pointing our your fallacies.

I noticed immediately after getting TL3 you stopped annoying us in every thread.

Coincidence? Unlikely.

I mean, before you got TL3 you had 200+ more posts than me lol. Now I have 50 more than you.

If anything me and the others pointing out your quest for Trust Level e points have been validated.

3 Likes

There are some who actually claimed that no one would use any new item competitively. I do not want to rehash this argument. You know who they are so I do not know how you can claim “no one” said it. In another thread, I directly quoted a multitude of posters who claimed that all the 2.6.6 items were essentially useless junks for barbs.

TL3 has very little to do with the number of posts that one makes. As long as one made 10 posts that got 20 likes that is all you need for that criteria. There are 28 people who are TL3 based on meeting the requirements (not including people who Blizzaard granted TL3 prior to forum day 50). The range for number of posts is between 13-1080.

I decreased my posting in the barb forum, because it was clear to me that I was right given the data on multiple things. I kept having to rehash the same points over and over again. It was quite boring to me to have to point out such obvious, undeniable facts, because it did not fit someone’s myopic narrative.

The other reason that I have not posted as much is that summer is over.

Incorrect. Posting something that is unpopular could jeopardize reaching TL3. If my goal was to be TL3, I would have avoided posting about the data that is available to all players in game/at Blizzard’s website. I posted to make sure that people were given all the information to have a more complete story to make an informed opinion.

Wrong again. I even made a thread about the number of posts being made on the forum and I updated it weekly (to the end of week 5). My posts were a small percentage. Whether I posted or not, I knew (probably by day 25) that we would easily reach 20,000 posts by day 50.

There is an old saying: “You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink.” I think your post illustrates why it is difficult to have a thoughtful conversation sometimes on this forum where there are demonstrably false statements and incorrect assumptions that ignores data. This data was posted on the forum and could be independently verified as the information is available/derived from the game and/or on this website.

7 Likes

Lookin’ up the wiki and older forums on this topic while testing , I don’t think that’s really a bad thing but it could be argue after a point Iceblink being cap at 50 and doesn’t really increase and could be swapped for bane of the trapped, swiftness or something else.

And the breakdown of the code is Chance of freeze / chill is ( 50 + (AttackerLevel + (B*4) - DefenderLevel) * 5 )% so at higher levels, that single chance goes down and that from the framepoints 1-10 seconds 25 frames (1 second) to maximum of 250 frames (10 seconds). and there is about a “5 second cooldown” it say for freezing, but you can easily over ride that as I’ve said before, you can freeze a boss over and over, so if anything i’m increasing my odd’s the higher I go with how y’all love saying doing X greater rift, is basically an “increase” level on mobs as that how it does it exp in the rifts past T16xp after every other GR level of 75.

Also with what you’re stating I only need 1 mobs to proc Rimeheart to hit all I think is wrong, as you are moving you’re a mobile hitting station in WW with anywhere 4-10 attacks pre a second depending on the atk speed with WW and the Proc damage isn’t carry over into other things only that only that hit.

so if Freezing can last from 1-5 seconds depending on the mobs internal level , be nearly trigger at any moment from a Boss being in mid attack to cancel that attack to skip that attack animation (example like Greed using the hammer attack/droppin’ Chest should also on my necromancer spam freezing Grasp on CS should follow the same rules as if i’m always spam Freezing to increases my odd’s of Rimeheart to go off from Mobs to a ST Boss also. If anything Bosses would need the higher proc chance for them so I can increase the odd’s of my Rimeheart going off.

Also I think you’re confuse on something, Rimeheart only does damage to a Frozen creatures, so mass Freezing is actually what you want.

RIMEHEART

20% chance on hit to instantly deal 10,000% weapon damage as Cold to enemies that are Frozen. 10,000%

It’s text as stated. Like I said I did a test with a friend where they used Ice golem to freeze a pack of mobs, and this damage seems Screenwide only around the damage will go off, not off screen.

Well by doing that I did learn, yes they can Crit in damage also, so I might want to see how high I can make that damage crit. Also if you increase your damage, you can see a spike in damage also.

What I found also is on Con of Ele. Does affect my Flamewalker damage when it on my damage type, and the fire that hits on the mob does increase also by Con of Element when it’s on rotation.
When you’re running around on top of a mob, you’ll see 2x damage hit and splat I even removed the variable if it was Thorns by having 0 thorns and it still happen so I can assume one is safely the flamewalker tick damage of my weapon, and it does get fire damage.

So I used my weapons which has holy damage, something not in the CoE rotation , then I used my Rimeheart which has cold damage as I ran - 1 doesn’t have the CoE rotation, 1 with it, and it actually had damage increase, and as I’ve stated it can crit, rarely but it was critting 1 out of every 25 hits - this was with around 50% crit chance.
Also Wrath increase damage did increase it’s damage also. So there might be way to amplify outside damage also to maybe make this more useful?

As for the topic on the others.

I can agree on that statement, but if you 2 don’t really wish to be of use on the forum, don’t bother posting here as it’s nothing but spam comparing to the topic.

1 Like

Sorry that my posts strayed. In 2 earlier posts, someone thought I was you twice and invoked my name. If you look, you will see that I did not post until it happened a second time. Also, my posts were in response to others. As you can tell from the posts in this thread, there are some who can be helpful and others less so. Overall, I tend to be useful and my posts to like ratio is higher than many.

3 Likes

What’s a Barbian?

:roll_eyes::face_with_raised_eyebrow::woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

Kenian’s best friend???

2 Likes