Recent Skill Changes on Console

Recently skills have been changed, namely the Witch Doctor’s Phantasm rune on Spirit Barrage or the Necromancer’s Grim Scythe casted by Simulacrums.

These skills NOW do not benefit from the double damage from Nephalem Glory on console.

Here are some quotes on the issue gathered from other posters:

After reading a comment on discord I decided to head on out and test out whether simulacrums receive the double damage from Nephalem Glory. Short form is, they don’t.

I am on switch. I took off all my gear except Aquila and had a weapon unequipped. Messer, illusory, and haunted visions in cube. No AD. Crit chance at 5 and crit damage at 50. Torment 1.

Swinging away me and my two sims did around 600 every hit. Grabbed weapon killed enough enemies to pop a couple globes, unequipped weapon. My nec was doing 1200 or so but my sims were still sitting at 600.

next the NG is truth simulacrums be it you have NG or not it seems to appear the same dmg whereas your main necro is double.

I’ve been looking at grim scythe necro today (and a few other things) and was the one who commented on discord about Sims not benefitting from Nephalem Glory buff. Here’s everything i know so far.

In my testing setup with Ledgers and Haunted Visions cubed my Necro does 66000 dmg per hit, while the Sims do 701000.

701000/66000 = 10.6

Grim Scythe generates 12 essence per hit, Ledgers 80% increase damage to Scythe per point restored so on a single target its 12 x 80% = 960%

960% is a 10.6 multiplier to Scythes damage so math checks out. As we already know, Sims benefit from full Ledgers bonus at all times, independently from the players Essence pool.

I tried all kinds of different scenarios and i never saw the Sims getting the double damage buff, with or without Ledgers cubed.

Pick up globe, cast Sims, no double damage.
Sims already casted, pick up globe, recast Sims, no double damage.

Other things that are still present from PTR:

Dual Scythes rune of Grim Scythe ignores the players Essence pool and behaves like the Sims benefitting from full Ledgers bonus at all times.

Mantle of Channeling now works with Syphon Blood, you can channel Blood Syphon to activate MoC and since the MoC buff stays up for 1 sec after you stop channeling, it will buff the damage of Grim Scythe during that period of time, making MoC the best in slot shoulders imo since you dont need to dump essence with Sims.

Last but not least, Phantasm rune of Spirit Barrage is the only rune that doesnt benefit from Nephalems double damage buff. Thats why the WD has been so weak compared to PC. A real shame because that build is really sick to play in 4p.

Obviously there’s no point in reporting any of this to Blizz since we all know nothing will ever happen, sucks for console, back to garbage Twister Wiz.

Edit: Upon further testing, turns out the Sims double dip on the Trag’Oul’s Corroded Fang multiplier.

Testing setup 150% (2.5 multiplier) Trags equipped, damage range rolled off, ruby inserted, Ledgers cubed.

Necromancer damage against non-cursed ennemy: 53492
Sim damage against non-cursed ennemy: 567022

567022/53492 = 10.6, ledgers full bonus to Sims on a single target.

Necromancer damage against cursed ennemy: 133725
Sim damage against cursed ennemy: 3574707

Necro damage: 133725/53490 = 2.5, Trags multiplier applied fine
Sim damage: 3574707/567022 = 6.3

2.5 x 2.5 = 6.25, Trag’oul’s corroded fang bonus is applied twice.

With a 200% Trags, the Sims would get a x9 multiplier instead of x3.

“Most skills that have been recently changed in functionality are not benefitting from double damage anymore, like the Witch Doctor’s Phantasm rune on Spirit Barrage or the Necromancer’s Grim Scythe casted by Simulacrums. I suspect the team that is currently handling D3 is not aware of the console exclusive double damage mechanic and simply copy paste the PC skill modifiers to the console ports.”

I would suggest given these changes and the changes coming in patch 2.6.10 and future balancing patches that Blizzard need to be aware of this issue.

3 Likes

Very sad this has not been addressed, recent changes to skills are nerfed on Console due to these skill changes not benefiting from the damage increase from Nephalem Glory (Console specific mechanic).

No acknowledgement either. Very sad.

Reviving this old thread from the dead since it was not addressed: the bugs are absolutely true and still exist in patch 2.7.1 (season 24).
Video proof:

2 Likes