Recent Barb Test result/ discuss (2.6.7 ambo test result updated)

Yeah, mine should be around 40-45 seconds, but Ambo’s pride really makes the gameplay suuuuuuper chill. Don’t need to manually cast Rend.

It’s a completely different style.

Sigh, no love for the class just baubles

GR124 - 19K STR
2.8M sheet damage

Istvan - stacking elite damage on both
Crimson+ RROG + BoM + Obsidian + Flavor of Time
RG: Crusader King - 1m30s

Ruthless-Rampage-Berserker Rage -Brawler

Elites & Champions are much quicker - roughly 30second to a minute at 1/2 health. Pulling them to density is still much faster progress.

Life on Hit is important - 11K LoH on ring but having 20K+ on weapon would have been better.

Have the fixed single target 110 and up?

Never mind, the number 1 is using Istvans now…

Cleared a 120 easily on the first try with 2k paragon. Died only at the RG (Pirendi). Missed a 122 by less than a minute with a bad rift on the first try (no deaths at all). Using wastes 5, crimson 2, skullgrasp, zodiac, fot, with rorg, lamentation, ambo’s in cube. Gems are trapped, taeguk, and stricken. Not using IP.

I am very dissapointed. Sorry to say this. Barb with a huge buff top clear on ptr solo gr 132. Chantodos wiz with a nerf top ptr clear gr 137. That’s not the way. The same thing over and over again. Barbs need way more love .

1 Like

Exactly this!

Yes, the new Rend sh*t is very strong, but it isn’t even anywhere close to the ‘nerfed’ Chantodo…

Skullgrasp is pretty much useless now, so switching it to CoE or BoM is more beneficial.

In this regard, I think running 6pc Waste should come out stronger, since you can equip ORoZ COE and BoM now. So you get insanely tanky + benefit from COE bursts (as compared to 5Waste 2CC where you have to pick either COE or BoM.

The Wizard 137 clear was done on 25 April. This is an old clear.

2 Likes

This was with pre-nerf chantodos you are spreading misinformation.

Reposting an update together with my original post below, for easier comparison.

Original Post from above:

1.3k Para, 17k STR, cleared 110 @ 7:06 with RG killed in under a minute, WW + Cap Crimson (BK Weps).

Rings: Zodiac, RoRG + BoM
Cube armor: Lamentation instead of Mantle of Channelling
Cube wep: Ambo’s instead of Echoing Fury.

With my current set-up, I’m rocking ruby in armor, instead of diamonds, since with ground stomp, I hit 2bil toughness anyway… Very good damage and super tanky (which I absolutely love).

Definitely feels like I can hit 120 with my current set up, fairly easily…

Update: I tried Istvan’s Weapon set with Lightning WW rune and Lightning Rend Rune. Cleared 112 in 7:37, with roughly same stats as above. RG died in 32 seconds (without COE). Damage seems to be more or less the same, but I significantly prefer the Bulkathos wep style, since more mega explosions from Rend, and you don’t move around like a tortoise…

Last update for tonight: Switched back to Bulkathos Wep + Bloodbath Rend rune. Did 114 in 8:09. Gameplay much more fun since no longer moving like a tortoise. Damage wise, felt almost identical. RG took around 40 seconds to kill.

112 in 10mins something. Using an old Primal BoM (60% DR) as I have no other alt ring to use. Cubed Ambo’s/Lamentation. Captain Crimson variant. 1220 Paragon. BK set.

Enjoying the buff, looking to get a decent RoRG or BoM now.

Just gonna say this: 130-132 clear in one day of PTR means 138-140 on live with real fishing from a capable player.

Also you Barbs never learn. Stop posting clears on PTR. 136-140 is what Thorns Necro and Vyr Chantodo could do on live without much issues and if that’s where Rend is now you’re just asking to get nerfed.

Everytime Barbs get anything at all you people keep posting data pushing Blizz into a knee jerk like they always do, because they don’t understand the class or the game.

Test stuff if you want, but stop posting LB clears. You’re only hurting yourselves.

6 Likes

This is interesting. I have no problems with barbs competing with “outlier classes/builds”" but there is an irony to this considering the state of monks and the fact that both thorn necros and wiz were nerfed.

2 Likes

Even if you are not posting, they still know your clears.

Don’t worry too much Archael, I don’t think rend will get a big nerf. Compare to WWs, rend has small AOE radius (This is intended). It’s now like a 7 level buff compare to WWs. And I think those buff number are tested before they release ptr.

Thats true. I didn’t notice the date of the clears , i assumed they wiped the leaderboards from the last Ptr’s. It seems that now barb has one build which can compete with other classes above gr 130 solo. Top wizard’s clear with nerfed chantodos is 131 .

1 Like

No they don’t.

By “don’t post your clears” I mean don’t kill the boss. They don’t know your clear if it’s not recorded by the game.

Going by track record and history, Blizzard has nerfed things that didn’t need nerfing because of one or two outlier clears in PTRs.

This happened with Crusader shield throw, WW Barb (way back in the day), Necro Inarius Mirinae, Slaughter Mirinae, and a bunch of other stuff that didn’t need nerfing at all.

3 Likes

So you are suggesting to intentionally hide the power of new barb builds because you fear that they could be perceived as too strong and could result in a nerf.

1 Like