Reasons why people might have low paragon

• They play lots of different characters/builds, because they don’t like monotonous lategame permagrind where noticeable advances in progress dont really happen.
  • They don’t have time to sit around playing video games all day and they don’t bot
  • They don’t play d3 obsessively
  • They’re relatively casual and simply don’t care about pushing high rifts.
  • They don’t have friends to grind paragon in a group with

Maybe think about that before you judge

30 Likes

Been playing since 2012, Paragon 1200 in NS.

I play for the fun, not the Paragons.

35 Likes

Playing off and on since 2012 as well. Paragon and GR grinds are boring. If I wanted to do a time trial race, I’d play Grand Turismo.

I have more fun with my ARPG with build designing and getting the gear than I do in the actual endgame content. I don’t think I’ve gotten a single character in D2 to level 90 because of this preference, but man did I have a bunch of wildly different level 60-80 Sorceresses.

Knowledge of the game does not directly relate with the amount of Paragon the person has on the account.

9 Likes

Agree with what’s been said already, but didn’t you just make a post like this recently?

2 Likes
  • They spend time looking at leaderboards instead of playing the game.

• They spend time in forums creating numerous threads that don’t really accomplish anything.

30 Likes

My combined paragon level once S19 ends is going to be little over 1600 and I’ve been playing since 2012. I tend to play a bit on and off, also my playing style is more casual, I really don’t push builds to the limits.

There are other games than just D3. One can get easily burned out without some variation.

4 Likes

I don’t judge anyone why they might have low paragon. But these low paragon players should not expect to play/want to play with people that are way higher then they are. I have zero interest in helping or playing with anyone that does not want to put the time in. The match making system in D3 needs to have options to keep low level and high level players separated. And yes OP, you are a low level player this far in the season.

11 Likes

I solo only. I find it impossible to have high para mainly because of this.

The other reason is because NPCs make stupid comments which kill any immersion which then makes me just quit the game.

And just the other day, I got a hamburger drop…as a weapon. I think it was the horadric hamburger. The thought that came to mind when I encountered this item was that these devs don’t take their job seriously and troll us with these ridiculous items.

If the same dev mentality persists in D4, then D4 is as good as dead.

RIP franchise.

4 Likes

Well, yes and no. I think one needs to play for multiple seasons, with 800+ paragon character, to be persuasive in talking about balance and game mechanics. This is not a high bar. In the recent seasons, you can get 1000 paragons in 40 hours of gameplay from an empty account (a pro can even get GR 120 passed in 24 hours and in HC, so I’m just talking about normal players).

4 seasons of 1000 paragons add up to 1420, which I think is kind of the baseline.

1 Like

Playing since day one on and off (mostly on than off). I lost my interest in group play the moment when bounties were needed for crafting materials - the most stupid design decision ever made by any design team on this whole damn planet. Thank you split bounties - boo, multiplayer where you play alone. Orly? Balancing and multiplayer completely done wrong. Bounties are the worst design ever invented, they force you into an endless loop of boringness.

Remember the days of farming cathedral, rakkis and tower? And nearly every class were usefull and playing together was fun. I played splinter with bears at that time - lot’s of carnage :slight_smile:

Playing on EU - joining grifts is pointless. High para players do bounties there and if you open a grift it will either be denied or you get a kick - so you don’t find a group for play anyways. The only thing you can really play are normal rifts - recently they somehow become really fun - it seems that enough players with low para settled on normal rifts for the looooot.

Why do I still play? There is still no other game with that fluent combat - end of story. No PoE, no Wolcen.

TL;TR but most important - give me bears back. I don’t think bears were overpowered in those days - a perfect balance of managing damage vs mana burn without having stupid % buffs.

2 Likes

For s19 that was the main reason for decreasing activity, that and lack of people to play with or help after the season got to the midway point.

This s19 when I saw all the players changing tactics to utilize the theme and timing progression to match its effects I was bored. Seriously I like just playing the game as is with its own timing and skills, catering now to perfecting that synced with the theme timing quickly became another type of permagrind.

But yeah where many friends were dropping off early because favorite class builds were not helped at by s19 outside the theme was a another reason.

reason ? Mine is because I get bored after arriving at a GR 100-110.
After that, you just have to repeat the process … level or getting equipment and they really are things that bore me.

and then if you want to appear in the TOP of the table, you have to play with … programs that are not considered legal.

And yes, you can reach that table without playing with that, however. How many hours do you play a day? Other accounts are active for 23.5 hours on average.

3 Likes

To me is the same like other people, just play for fun, maybe fanboy of the old one to expect a change that would never happen, but yeah, just playing when I’m boring, but not really griding the lazy endgame.

Been playing since launch and have like 800 on my PC account and 500-600 on my Switch account. I stopped playing obsessively before Paragon was introduced. I play a season for a few weeks with one class in mind. Sometimes I play a few. I stop when I get bored. I don’t try to complete the season conquests because they don’t excite me enough to even other with them despite needed stash space.

But then I look at them like achievement points, trophies, or gamer scores, I couldn’t care less what anyone else has.

2 Likes

Nope. Never farmed anything, so I don’t remember😀.

If I have to have what you consider the baseline in order to know if the following is true in my case then there would be something wrong with me. From the OP the follow

If it takes that long in order to know whether or not the endgame activity of doing nothing but farming for keys, bounty mats, and GRs is boring or not to you. Then there might be something wrong with you.

If it takes that long in order for you to be able to check your priorities that you have in your life like work, family, etc… to know whether or not you have the time to devote to such things there is something wrong with you.

If it takes that long to know whether or not you devote your entire play time to D3 there is something wrong with you.

If it takes that long to know whether or not you care about pushing high rifts there is something wrong with you.

If it takes that long to determine whether or not you have any real life friends that you know of that plays D3 or have made some in game there is something wrong with you.

They should know if they like playing more than one class or not as well. If it takes a lot of time to determine that then there is something wrong with you.

All of the above have nothing to do with playing for that amount of time. It all has to do with knowing yourself and knowing how many friends in real life and in the game that you have to play with.

1 Like

Hmmm you post here more then you play online. You need balance! :yum:

Player/streamer like MatModz suceed to have the same paragon lvl than 4-man group by playing solo only. This guy is already paragon 1300 when we still are 700, so it’s possible.

It’s possible but you have to play a lot … like a zombie.

1 Like

I’m done for the season, no reason to play. Besides I play many other games. I’m not like some people that live or die on one.

Don’t be silly Zedd, we’re obviously morons.

2 Likes