Really bad RNG luck on Spaulders of Valor, or something else?

Hardcore, if it matters.

I’m playing with putting together a Aegis of Valor crusader. I’ve played a few hours and have found helm, body, boots, and gloves—but no shoulders (Spaulders of Valor).

Ok, no luck there so I thought, I’ll gamble with Kadala. I’ve spent 9 instances of using 1400 bloodshards on shoulders. Many, many, Mountains of Light, Akkahan and Rolands for set items and of course, the other common ones such as Homing pads–I mean many, but ZERO Spaulders of Valor.

D3 planner predicts 80% success with ~3,000 bloodshards and I’m pushing past 9,000 and I’m really far, far out on the bell curve. Really back luck on a common item or something else?

Anyone else have this issue?

You know that there is a cube recipe to change set pieces around, if you have doublets ?
And no, getting the item of your choice at Kadala is pure chance and can take a looooong time.

1 Like

And there is also a recipe (the third) that lets you upgrade rare shoulders from Kadala (or sovereign shoulders from the blacksmith).

My AoV Crusader has had some bad luck as well. It took a long time to get the full set. Now, not only can I not get the Captain’s plans, but I can’t seem to get a RoRG either. I have 9 times as many A1 mats as the others. :slight_smile:

Thank you all for the responses. My wife’s account had a terrible time getting Captain’s plans, so much so that I had feared she had found it and dropped it on the ground. But eventually she found it in a bounty around P850, good luck.

Btw I did get the shoulders around 16,000 blood shards, so much for 80% change within 3000 blood shards.

Yes jazz, I know about upgrading but have run out of mats and so turned to keyruns then switching to my Crusader to gamble.

huertgenwald, I know you can switch them around but I hadn’t found any extra.