Reach: auto pickup orbs

Not sure if bugged or intended but this ability does not auto pickup orbs, all it seems to do is give us a large pickup radius for the orbs. But there have been times I’ve had to stop and go back to loot the orbs.

Yeah noticed this today too…slurps them up if you are in range but doesn’t do it if orbs are near edge of screen meaning if one falls behind you you still have to stop and go back.

This needs sorted.

2 Likes

I have this problem with fast speeds (i.e. DH spike trap build, with altar speed boost unlocked and spamming smoke screen). By the time the orbs are spawned I’m not there anymore.

1 Like

Same! The worst offenders are the fatty-explody mobs (the ones that look like Oogie-Boogie). By the time they drop their orbs, I’m so far away, they don’t get picked up and I have to go back for them.

For this ability…just don’t drop orbs, and just give the progress increase instead when an Elite is killed. Fixed.

1 Like

‘Just don’t drop orbs’ - agree, that would be ideal. Assume it would use less server resources too.

Actually, this was the initial design, however testers asked for some feedback so that you know that you killed the group of elites, and collected the reward. So they added the orbs, if there is no orb you may not know that you missed one of the elites beyond having a small advance in the progress bar, and a message indicating that you killed the group.

I like the orbs and prefer that you improve the auto-collect.

I see, that is interesting. Problem I see with continuing with the orbs while speed running, is jumping to the next level immediately after killing an elite pack…not sure how the auto-collect would work in that scenario if they choose to continue with the orbs.

I think eliminating them is still better - I’m pretty sure they can come up with some other telegraph that you picked up orbs - both visual and sound-wise. The progress bar already “flashes” a little for every orb you gather - make that more prominent.

1 Like